Author Topic: CraterMA revisited  (Read 8466 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: CraterMA revisited
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
Such an unbelievably long and daunting venture to start let alone finish and release. Thanks Greebo (and the other map makers)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2011, 11:32:23 AM »
greebo your textures on this map are they default?

the textures im getting look outdated and  older than what show sup on yours.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
Yes, all the textures on my map are now the ETO style default ones. Maybe you are using the PTO textures?

I did make some custom textures on an earlier version of CraterMA to let me show snow capped mountains rather than big green hills. However when the terrain system was changed these textures became obsolete. The new ETO default textures let me have the mountains I want so I didn't bother making new textures.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:02:41 PM by Greebo »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2011, 12:04:41 PM »
how do i get the ETO tiles to show? my map may be showing pto tiles i cant say for certain.

is there a switch or button somewhere?

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
There is a file in your map's folder called defset.txt. To change between the two sets of textures the text in this file should be either "1" for ETO or "0" for PTO. I think this is right, it's been a couple of years since I played around with it.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2011, 12:18:41 PM »
thx will try it when i get home

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2011, 03:20:54 PM »
hmm can't find a file named  and every terrain icreate is the old textures not new eto

defset.txt

edit nm i made the file and put a 1 in it reloaded the terrain and poof eto tiles thx greebo

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
Your welcome Cit, look forward to seeing the updated terrain.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:20:27 PM by Greebo »

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »
I like it. A lot. BUT, It seems more of a GV map. Its going to be hard for some god air battles especially since there is a 14k ridge between countries.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2011, 07:47:23 PM »
There isn't a 14k ridge between countries, it is only around the tank town crater in the center of the map. This does mean there is not a "fighter town" area where all three countries have adjacent fields and so can easily furball in one spot.

The border mountains between countries have valleys running through them that never rise more than 2K higher than adjacent airfields. Even a C-47 can make the trip through the mountains in about 8 minutes. The valleys should tend to concentrate fights across the front line into a smaller area so there should be some good furballs.

I've tried to make a map that has something for everyone, including GVers. So the tank town is as griefer proof as I am allowed to make it. It is hard to bomb, hard for one side to take over and harder still to keep once they have. OTOH I don't have SPs running from everywhere to everywhere like on some maps. GVers have to take V bases behind the lines to get access to most airfields. So taking these V bases is strategically important to land grabbers. Personally I find fights over V bases generate some of the best furballs as neither side can either vulch or keep just reupping and getting back into the fight instantly.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:53:14 PM by Greebo »