Author Topic: CraterMA revisited  (Read 8874 times)

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
      • YouTube - EpicAces's Channel
Re: CraterMA revisited
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
This is the best terrain I have ever flown on. :airplane:

Keep up the good work, sir.
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

:-)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2009, 03:57:24 AM »
I've updated the terrain with the new cities and a revised tank town. You can download the current terrain files here:- craterma.zip

The terrain is not finished, this is just a temporary update so players can try out the tank town setup and give me feedback. The arena map has not been updated to reflect the new coastlines and hills around the cities and tanktown. Also I'll need to move the cloud cover over the tank town bases.

The game will not let you spawn into the built up areas, it just moves you to the nearest edge of the area if you try. So the central spawn on each base will always spawn you into the small green area. Will probably end up being a campers paradise, but the other spawns aren't too far away.

None of the tiles in tank town have any flak towers. However I am thinking of adding three more towns with loads of flak just the other side of the V bases. These would serve as a buff griefer deterrent.

Does anyone know what hardness setting I would need to make the tank town city tiles indestructible?

I'd like to know from anyone who GVs a lot if they think this setup would work. Also if HTC would have any objections to me using the city tiles in this way.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2009, 07:44:09 AM »
Outstanding, going to be a whole new level of GV fighting.  :O

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2009, 08:55:42 AM »
Does anyone know what hardness setting I would need to make the tank town city tiles indestructible?

Set them for Barrier instead.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
What happens when you spawn inside a building?

That would be the only thing I think might be an issue....

Strip

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »
Blow it up. :noid :airplane: :lol
I ate so much sugar Hallowen night, I gave myself diabetes and gave everyone related to me second- hand diabetes.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
What happens when you spawn inside a building?

That would be the only thing I think might be an issue....

Strip

Not sure about nowadays, but this is what used to happen if you had a spawn into a built-up area.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »
I'll tell you guys what happens after a little while. :aok

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 01:38:53 PM »
I can't get the pictures on here. He did cut it close on some spawns but nothing to worry about.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
Don't worry, there's no danger of ending up inside a building. The game will not allow a spawn into the area where the buildings are. If the terrain has a spawn point on a city area, you will actually spawn at the nearest edge of that city area instead. Thanks for the barrier tip.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »
Thats good to know, thanks Greebo, nice work as usual and look forward to flying her in the MA hopefully sometime soon.

Strip

Offline JonDoe999

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
I agree! Good work,sir!!! :salute :cheers:

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
Looks great Greebo.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »
I miss donut  :(

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:12 AM »
I've updated the terrain with new strat and I've added a load of "villages" between the spawn points and the fields/towns for GVs to fight in. These are made of tiles selected from those that make up the new city. Three of the airfields (A18, 28 and 38) have spawns across a river from the airfield and a village with bridges to cross, similar to the tank town shown below.

I've altered the tank town to have an open area in the centre. This let me move one of the spawns from each base nearer the centre and gives a bit more variety of terrain. The yellow dotted area on the centre spawn shows the area you can actually spawn to, the game won't allow spawning into the built up part of the spawn.

The terrain is essentially done apart from bugfixing. I've got a checklist of stuff to run through before submitting it in after the holidays. The terrain files can be downloaded from here: Craterma.zip file