Author Topic: How much longer till its time to move on?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: How much longer till its time to move on?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 09:11:21 PM »
While we're on the topic of the AvA, I have been in there several times and never had a problem.  I guess it's because of my nature--I try to get along with even the worst of people.  BUT, I have had a few run-ins with some particular people in the MAs.  Only reason I don't go in there is because it is not populated enough.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 09:20:37 PM »
i don't. i think a lot of others don't either.

they had a few members in that squad(that i hear aren't anymore) that took their pleasure in stirring up as much poop as they could. they did some screwed up things(these members, not the squad), giving the squad a bad rep. i know you're asking why right now. well, i'll tell ya. because they were allowed to remain with that squad.
 had i done anyhting like that when i was in the hired guns, or in satans playmates, they'd have kicked me out in the blink of an eye. i believe the sme is true in the 80th.

thus, although those members are out, the squad now has a bit of a rep to overcome. larry and jeagr are working their tulips off to overcome that rep. so is(i think) n7.
 i don't avoid em, ad they're ALL good fights.

if jeagr keeps doing what he's doing, i think things will come 'round in the ava.
 and when i see other 80th, and SAPP're going in there on a regular basis, i'll bolt in there faster than one could imagine.

:aok
Appreciate the reply, CAP, but I think you missed where my "criticism", such as it was, was directed.

Too indirect, perhaps.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Cyrex

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 09:24:10 PM »
I been in the AvA and think its a great place to go really. I enjoy having Fuel burn at 1.0 and the more historical nature of the arena. Radar's flash but don't show you where the planes are, so its for more advanced players in the game. Not your typical "Follow red dot on radar to intercept".
Also carriers going down take hour(s) to respawn compared to 15 minutes in MA.

I flew with JG54 years ago and have to say it was a great bunch of luftwaffe pilots they usually were outnumbered 2:1 always against spitfires and P51's. However such a combination of things will make this arena not work, specifically the skill level being 98% Axis based.

No im not trolling either, but last time I ran into someone in the AvA arena I got muted for laughing at the picking attempts and was muted and left and never came back. Honestly even if you lowered the AvA even to the Late war arena standards of gamey playing ability, I dont think it would do much to revise it.

I do charish the memories of my best flying time was in the AvA arena, so far its only second to FSO.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:01 PM »
A few rotten apples make the whole bag unattractive.

Ah.  Don't know where that puts the MAs, then.

- oldman

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 10:46:44 PM »
Went to AVA tonight and had a blast. Had been gone long time from AVA due to disco issues I had in there but got that fixed I hope.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:28 PM »
Appreciate the reply, CAP, but I think you missed where my "criticism", such as it was, was directed.

Too indirect, perhaps.

yea, i might've.......... :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 02:15:11 AM »
thus, although those members are out, the squad now has a bit of a rep to overcome. larry and jeagr are working their tulips off to overcome that rep. so is(i think) n7.  

I haven't changed a bit and I couldn't care less about any reputation I might have here...  Sorry.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 02:42:19 AM »
Does a bear watermelon in the woods?   :devil
The bigger question is, what does he wipe with? :old:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 04:08:27 AM »
I haven't changed a bit and I couldn't care less about any reputation I might have here...  Sorry.

Jeez. Now I see what they have been talking about. You guys are never going to change. I mean, don't you know how you act here reflects on how you act in real life? Don't you care what a bunch of middle aged men think of you? Damn, you're acting like this is some kind of game. You really need to grow up. Because if you don't we are going to make multiple posts telling you how much we don't like how you do things. So, play how we want you to play or else mister!
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 05:34:37 AM »
Ah.  Don't know where that puts the MAs, then.

- oldman
Huhh... really.  What is the average numbers in the MAs... Now ava numbers. Everything is maginfied in there. That and the omission of AC when it too unbalencing. :rolleyes:

Target I have to disagee a little. While Studio 54 isn't as bad as people make out. They do their best to cultivate the rep they have.
See Rule #4

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 05:57:22 AM »
the omission of AC when it too unbalencing.

Spitfirephobia?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 07:11:28 AM »

Jeez. Now I see what they have been talking about. You guys are never going to change. I mean, don't you know how you act here reflects on how you act in real life? Don't you care what a bunch of middle aged men think of you? Damn, you're acting like this is some kind of game. You really need to grow up. Because if you don't we are going to make multiple posts telling you how much we don't like how you do things. So, play how we want you to play or else mister!

This is what I was referring too.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 07:42:51 AM »
This is what I was referring too.

I see and who actually started the slide in the thread? Just like the thread from two weeks ago neither N7 or Larry started the feces flinging. Actually they've shown quite a bit of restraint by letting it  go as long as they did. If you bang on a person long enough they're going to respond no matter who they are. You really don't have to look too hard to see it hasn't been the JG-54 guys starting the crap the last month. The problem with the AVA the last month has been on this BBS not in the arena. However you don't actually fly on the BBS it's just for typing. Therefore you have no idea how the actual flying is. You really have missed out on some fun nights in there. I still encourage you to try it instead of basing your opinions on what happens on this BBS.

<S>
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:44:31 AM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 08:01:24 AM »
I see and who actually started the slide in the thread? Just like the thread from two weeks ago neither N7 or Larry started the feces flinging. Actually they've shown quite a bit of restraint by letting it  go as long as they did. If you bang on a person long enough they're going to respond no matter who they are. You really don't have to look too hard to see it hasn't been the JG-54 guys starting the crap the last month. The problem with the AVA the last month has been on this BBS not in the arena. However you don't actually fly on the BBS it's just for typing. Therefore you have no idea how the actual flying is. You really have missed out on some fun nights in there. I still encourage you to try it instead of basing your opinions on what happens on this BBS.

<S>

actually, they did start the feces flinging...in response to compliments no less. go figure. guess i was wrong again, and jeagrs efforts are going to go to waste.  :rolleyes:

:noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 08:01:52 AM »
The bigger question is, what does he wipe with? :old:

he doesn't he justs  :bolt:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep