Author Topic: How much longer till its time to move on?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: How much longer till its time to move on?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:29 AM »
No one ever accused you of havin common sense :D

Does a bear watermelon in the woods?   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:20 AM »
JG54

ah ok, thank you very much, just wanted to clarify that.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 09:48:22 AM »
ah ok, thank you very much, just wanted to clarify that.

I don't speak hearsay, I deal in facts.   I brought people in to help you on two different occasions, but it was for naught.  I don't help others who are selfish, or who continually take credit for things they have no business doing.   I'll be expecting a few "visitors" soon, which is S.O.P.  

I'm done with this thread, because I'm not "gullible".   Good luck with your venture.

-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:52:28 AM »
Does a bear watermelon in the woods?   :devil
Only after I file an environmental impact statement and have a hazmat team on location :D

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
I find it consistently interesting that folks will, in one breath, denigrate the idea of a WW1/Korea arena because they want to fly a WW2 sim, but in the same breath, refuse to fly in the AvA- arguably the only arena that approaches a WW2 flight sim arena as opposed to a sandbox with WW2 planes in it.

The AvA should be the most popular arena in AH2.  It addresses at least half the most persistent problems whined about in the forums.

I refuse to believe that any type of prevailing "attitude" is the reason folks don't fly in AvA.   It has to be more than that.

And no, I don't know what it is, nor why.

I think, personally, that people just don't like so much structure in their game. 

But, I don't really know anything after all.   :joystick:
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »
Been around awhile, it's 99.9% attitude related

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 06:14:54 PM »
JG54
Since the tag itself seems to invite the microscopic scrutiny and hyper-criticism of behavior that is the norm of most other players in any arena, perhaps they should simply disband all squads in the AvA.  Then maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't get their panties all in a wad every time they see a JG54 tag in the player list, and instead just shut up and fly. 
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »
O.k. lots of great posts about other variations including WWI and Korea so isn't it time to put something else on the server that some people might actually venture into? The AvA has never even come close to what the CT was and is a block of unused server space, how about we say "so long AvA, hello Korea-WWI?"...

ill put my 2 cents in i think this guy is right  :salute
Freedom is strangely ephemeral. It is something like breathing; one only becomes acutely aware of its importance when one is choking. - William E. Simon

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 06:31:12 PM »
Hate to say it, but I have to agree with Karaya on this. From what I have seen from forum posts and talking to others.  It seems the attitudes that chased some people out are still around.  It's the only reason that I won't venture into the AvA arena.

Allaire,

Your own post says...  From what I have seen from forum posts and talking to others. You say this is the only reason that you won't venture into the AVA. I encourage you to at least try it sometime and be your own judge. Yes a large number of guys that has flown in the AVA in the past has had bad exepriances. I'm not denying that. If people are looking for personalities to change forget it. It's rare for personalities to change. Attitudes can change however. This is really where the effort is aimed in the AVA lately. Improving the attitude of the arena.  There's been some very positive headway along those lines. I'm not suggesting you drink any koolaid or side with this group or another group. I do suggest one evening when you log on and see people in the AVA. Give it a try and form your own opinion based on what you experianced.

<S>
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:13:32 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 06:49:05 PM »
A few rotten apples make the whole bag unattractive.
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 06:53:21 PM »
I had fun in the AvA on Tuesday evening.  That's the only positive thing I have to say so I'll stop there.

I refuse to believe that any type of prevailing "attitude" is the reason folks don't fly in AvA.   It has to be more than that.

Nope.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:55:23 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 07:45:13 PM »
Different folks may have different reasons to fly or not to fly AvA.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »
Its no troll oldman, its a legit question posted to the masses. This forum is for discussion of possible scenarios and the AvA just ain't working out. Because you don't agree you label it as a troll, I bet if you posted a poll more people would support trying something else than what clearly isn't working.
\

if jeagr keeps goin the way he is, the ava WILL end up working out.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 09:03:54 PM »
.Since the tag itself seems to invite the microscopic scrutiny and hyper-criticism of behavior that is the norm of most other players in any arena, perhaps they should simply disband all squads in the AvA.  Then maybe, just maybe, people wouldn't get their panties all in a wad every time they see a JG54 tag in the player list, and instead just shut up and fly. 

i don't. i think a lot of others don't either.

they had a few members in that squad(that i hear aren't anymore) that took their pleasure in stirring up as much poop as they could. they did some screwed up things(these members, not the squad), giving the squad a bad rep. i know you're asking why right now. well, i'll tell ya. because they were allowed to remain with that squad.
 had i done anyhting like that when i was in the hired guns, or in satans playmates, they'd have kicked me out in the blink of an eye. i believe the sme is true in the 80th.

thus, although those members are out, the squad now has a bit of a rep to overcome. larry and jeagr are working their tulips off to overcome that rep. so is(i think) n7.
 i don't avoid em, ad they're ALL good fights.

if jeagr keeps doing what he's doing, i think things will come 'round in the ava.
 and when i see other 80th, and SAPP're going in there on a regular basis, i'll bolt in there faster than one could imagine.

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
A few rotten apples make the whole bag unattractive.

dam...wish i read this before i just typed the 2 paragraphs......you said in one sentence what it took me 2 paragraphs.  :neener: :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"