Author Topic: The noob moments...  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
Re: The noob moments...
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »
Bruv119, my good friend and squad C.O never ceases to amaze me. After almost 5 years playing AH2 he just realized that you could use instant views, before that he was flying constantly in low visual range for about 2 and a half years and of course I got the blame for not mentioning the information to him sooner.

LOL!!   :rofl
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 07:20:31 AM »
took up 2 Lancaster's in early war from a closed in airbase, cracked all three uptryimg to clear the hill, tried again but it said you do not have enough points for that plane. Thought wtf and checked hanger and was shocked to see I had just lost 1350 points for that short little mission.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »
Was back when I was 13 years old. Found a squadron in the TA that looked pretty cool. Flew only Spit 9s (the dweeby spit back then) and seemed to teach the basics. The "entrance exam" for said squadron was a monitored (by the CO) dogfight with the recruiting officer (note that damage was turned on in the TA back then). This all seems cheesy now, but I was a 13 year old brand new to the game, and I thought it was awesome.

So, we go up over A1. The other guy starts a slow flat turn to the left, expecting me to fall out of the sky at first movement. I'd been into planes long enough not to fall for it. I went into a nose-down left turn until I got mostly around on him, pulled the nose back up, and fired. I missed in front of his right wing. BUT! My stray rounds blasted the cockpit of the CO who thought he was watching at a safe distance.

My first kill was on the CO of my first squadron.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 07:50:45 AM »
Bruv119, my good friend and squad C.O never ceases to amaze me. After almost 5 years playing AH2 he just realized that you could use instant views, before that he was flying constantly in low visual range for about 2 and a half years and of course I got the blame for not mentioning the information to him sooner.

Blaming the subordinates for everything "bad" that happens is the mark of a good C.O. Just ask SF3  :aok

Back many moons ago I was playing Air Warrior.I was flying along in a Corsair fat dumb and happy when I see a bandit way down under me.I immediatly go into a power dive keen for the kill!Everything was going great until the nose started to tuck under!Despite my best and most informed efforts the nose kept going under as speed went up.Finaly inverted and just about breaking the sound barrier I decide to ride it through but alas the water came up and hit me before I pushed it all the way around.I cant remember exactly what I had done but I had either left one notch of flaps out or the gear down and didnt realize it which caused it to tuck under once the speed went up  :aok Best part was at the time I was showing my Dad my prowness in virtual air to air combat.He seemed to get a good laugh out of the whole incident!!!!  :mad:

I have also sank many 109s and 262s <G>

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »
We did a small mission one day. Had about 6 guys. We take 3 sets of buffs a couple of 110s, and a goon. We level the base, drop then drop the remaining eggs on town. We figured since there were so few of us we needed to take the small base down. All goes well except our troops get killed by an a20 that managed to get out prior to the leveling the base. I quickly auger and grab another goon. Our guys take fighters back for cover. The trip is well over a sector. Carefully I maneuver to a good angle for the approach to town. One of guys drags the cons away from town. Another takes out a con near town. I'm getting close. A spit who is heading directly toward me changes directions and pursues our guy. I get over town, it's clear, it's down, and then and then I let out field supplies.  :furious

I apologized profusely!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:22:18 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »
   Upped a Panzer and headed off for the nearest enemy field. After 10-15 minutes i thought WTF it will take me an hour of Driving! No more GV's for me I thought until oops! Vehicle Spawns!  :O
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 08:36:38 AM »
Squad decides to a 262 run... We spawn 6 x 262's on the runway..

Knights win the war... 6 262's die in their ack.. LOL
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 10:10:47 AM »
Noob moments are not reserved entirely to newer players.  I bravely led my entire flight of 8 heavy Pony D's into a canyon that I was sure we could thread our way through to target.  You should have heard my squaddies screaming, laughing and crying as Pony after Pony tried and died to make it over the hump.  I still get ribbed to this day by my Pig Brethren. :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:26 AM »
Fairly noob, I'd acquired enough bomber perkies to up a flight of Ar234s. Loaded them with 100% fuel and the heaviest bomb-load, took off down the runway, eased off just before the tarmac ran out - and stalled straight into the drink.

:rolleyes:

Oops.

Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
Well....This one time stodd shot me down.  :D
Strokes

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 03:01:46 PM »
I cant tell you the amount of times i smacked into the side of a canyon back on the BETA map in early 2000... I wish I forgot how to play the game sometimes, learning was pretty fun.  :aok

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 03:08:19 PM »
Noob moments are not reserved entirely to newer players.  I bravely led my entire flight of 8 heavy Pony D's into a canyon that I was sure we could thread our way through to target.  You should have heard my squaddies screaming, laughing and crying as Pony after Pony tried and died to make it over the hump.  I still get ribbed to this day by my Pig Brethren. :rofl

I remember that flight, lol, funny stuff.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »
Finally earned enough perkies for a 262 and started to take off. Well, I dont use auto take off, and some how I got the plane turned some to the left. Just managed to get the gear up when I collided into a hanger. That was probably my greatest noob moment.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
Hands up who crashed their first 262 while trying to vultch a plane taking off from a runway. :aok

*raises hand meekly*
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »
I was in a Tiger once and ODallasO augured his 110 into me...and PM'd me with: "Learn how to fly noob".   :devil
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -