Author Topic: Who has the bestest Sig?  (Read 10316 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Who has the bestest Sig?
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »

your ranting about mr rogers freaked me out.

Now that you mention it, I was also disturbed but the humor that I felt toward the hypocrisy of the thread masked my feelings until you brought them to the surface with your brilliant observation.   :cheers:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »
Now that you mention it, I was also disturbed but the humor that I felt toward the hypocrisy of the thread masked my feelings until you brought them to the surface with your brilliant observation.   :cheers:
no bro, it really freaked me out that a grown man would know so much about mr rogers. i sat here and was like WTF

and THEN he posted a pic of 2 guys half nude. that was all i needed
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »
Aren't we getting to big for are britches. :neener:

You laughed at me for losing to JB11.  I will never forgive you for that.  It hurt my tender feelings.   :cry
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »

to get off?  :D
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »
no bro, it really freaked me out that a grown man would know so much about mr rogers. i sat here and was like WTF

The more you talk about it the more freaked out I get. 

Stop!!!
AoM

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »

did you fall in love?

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
to get off?  :D
ok now you are in the same category as twitchy now.  :noid

my mind wasnt even in that direction. 

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »
did you fall in love?
Bear meet suns and twtichy, suns and twitchy meet bear, ok you 3 have at it.

HT can we get a vomit emote now?

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
Muppets are always defending bases, not because we give a crap about the base but because we like owning hordlings who hold all the advantages.  Who cares about the base, seriously?  It's a fake base in a fake war that has absolutely zero immersion in the main arenas.  Do you actually feel like you are fighting a WAR in there?  Give me a break, some random map with no historical significance, random chess pieces for countries, and every side has every plane.  Seriously, this feels like a war?   :rofl

QFT
AoM

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »
Bear meet suns and twtichy, suns and twitchy meet bear, ok you 3 have at it.

HT can we get a vomit emote now?
It's ok, I didn't ask and you don't have to tell :D

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2009, 02:15:30 PM »
You laughed at me for losing to JB11.  I will never forgive you for that.  It hurt my tender feelings.   :cry
If it makes you feel better I probably lose too. Plus I don't even remember doing it. :cheers:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2009, 02:18:57 PM »
I thought we had settled this one a while back?
For the most part, the Muppets are ok, I've known some you guys like XJ, steve, zazen, and kappa for years,  but some of you newer guys really need to go back and review some of the old Mister Rogers epidsodes where Fred talks about learning to make friends, people being different, and sharing things. Some of the Neighborhood of Make Believe stuff is allegorical or metaphorical, so you will have to put your thinking caps on to get the deeper meaning behind some of King Friday's Decrees.
I'll give you a hint though, collectively, Pigs don't care what you think, or how you feel, what your favorite flavor of ice cream is, who your first girlfriend was, what you scored on your first standardized test, what you wore on Haloween when you were six, or what your momma used to say to you to get you to stop crying when you skint your little knee on that first shiny tricycle. We really don't.
There's several arenas, some of them, like the Romper Room and the DA are set up just for you guys to go and dill each other's pickles and back patting amungst yourselves. If you find you are in an arena where base taking is going on, simply head out, or quit cherry picking for five minutes and take one for the TEAM and actually defend a base. I'll share a quote with you, then I'll LOL at what selfish egocentric score-hoin rubbish it is...
"Muppets don't GV, dont bomb"
-Sunsfan
LOL

Trash the Pigs all you like, but don't think that whining about how others aren't playing the game the way you like it is going to do anything.
You want a better signature line?
"If I had a dollar for every crap I gave about your opinion of my squad, you'd owe me money."
-Twitchy

Twitchy, I dont know you from Adam.  Hell... by name, I only know two or three guys from your squad.  As such, Im going to give it to you straight, here; totally unbiased and without malice.

First and foremost, you need to understand AoM.  From your posting history, it is clear that you dont.  We're really not a motley gang of teenage misfits rolling around the internet in cartoon airplanes, thinking we're hot feces and thus, real life winners!

In reality, I dont think youll find a group of guys who take the game *less* seriously than we do... aside from maybe the 80th or the BK's.  Honestly, we just like to have fun.  Fun is different for every person and, thus, every group of which like-minded individuals are comprised.

For us, fun is furballing.  I think Grizz's description of furballing is a great one.  Its a sector filled with aircraft and multiple, constant engagements.  Thats why most of us started playing in the first place.  

For others, fun is taking bases.  Now, I have my own opinion on that - its boring.  But, you know what?  Im not going to tell you how to play the game.  If you like taking bases, take them.  Live and let live.

Unfortunately, where friction appears to exist is in that pesky "live and let live" area.  There seem to be a small number of (very large) squads who revel in the activity of ending furballs via base-porking and/or taking.  The motivation for this is usually, in my experience, one of two options.

On one hand, you have the people who simply enjoy making the game less fun for others.  These people are easy to identify and are generally annoying.  No additional description is necessary.

On the other hand, you have people who, with their inflated egos, think that those players sporting green icons are "costing our side the war!"  I have been playing AH for some time now and have witnessed, on countless occasions, a player leading a large squad or motley horde into TT for an hour or two to take all of the airfields, thus closing TT to all but one country and, as a result, effectively ending any fight there. 

The idea in the minds of those individuals is that people "furballing" are hurting the "war" effort.  With TT closed (for example), those players are now forced to fight on the "front lines."  Those players log.

This is contrary to that "live and let live" policy above and, for purposes of understanding, it is contrary to the *point* of the game as understood by those of us who came up through AW and/or WB.

The concept of a "war" which must be won is, honestly, appealing on many levels.  It gives meaning to the overall atmosphere of the game.  However, its not the "point" of these games, as originally designed.  This is, perhaps, why you have seen HTC go to great lengths to make bases more and more difficult to capture.

For many of us, the point of the game *is* the fight.  When I log on and I see a sector filled with a green dar bar and a red dar bar - with radar icons dead set in the middle of each field - THATS a formula for enjoyment.  I know I can up a bird and find a relatively even numbered fight at some altitude below orbit.  I also know that similar players will be drawn to such a fight so I can expect some old friends to be there; people I know I'll get a good fight from.

Having explained what fun is to different people and who we, as a squad really are, we then move on to this apparent "rivalry" (significant emphasis on quotation marks) you perceive between AoM and your group.

In your post above, you state that you care not what we think.  However, a brief scan of your group's BBS reveals an alarming number of threads dedicated to AoM.  Why?  Dunno.  Usually its some business about how SkyRock sucks afterall because he was dumb enough to dive into twelve of you and only shot down four before buying the farm.  Sometimes its about how SunsFan is an "elitest" who looks down upon new players (which is near 180 degrees from accurate).

Point being, as they say, "lighten up Francis."  

There are members of your squad who "get it."  Waystin is a good guy, Junky, Krup... hell Krups one of the better sticks in the game in my opinion.  These guys, they know we're not serious.  We're just having a good time.

You, on the other hand, seem to take this very seriously and I think that's a shame.  Our squads have nothing in common.  We play completely differently, we have a completely different squad set up and we don't shout "COOKIES!" on public channels when kills are landed.

Ill bet $100 that you guys can take ten bases before we can take one.  I'll also bet $100 that there isn't a single Muppet who wouldn't wipe the floor with two of your guys at the same time.  We each have different goals in the game and, as a result, have developed different skill sets.

But so what?

Its a game.

As brazen as we may be in our speech, there is always a smile behind it.  I dont think anyone from AoM has ever *really* insulted one of you.  By contrast, in your post above, alone, I see you spitting venom.  Halloween costumes, crying to mom, skirts, etc, etc, whatever else is up there.

Why?

Again.  Its a game.

Chill out... relax.  Sit in your chair, pour yourself a pint, light a smoke and go have fun.

All we ask in return is that you dont show up to our party and kick the keg with fifteen NOE Lancasters.

Is that *really* too much to ask?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:23:04 PM by Saurdaukar »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »
whens the book coming out?

Ironically, right after you finally go to the Dr. for an ADD diagnosis.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »
Ironically, right after you finally go to the Dr. for an ADD diagnosis.
already been, they said yes you have a bad case.

how bout them braves?