Author Topic: Negative-G push? or "stick stir"?  (Read 6372 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Negative-G push? or "stick stir"?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 09:20:48 PM »
Just experienced this tonight, and while it might be alright in real life I'm sure they don't have the problem of being connected to the internet its not so much the negative g part as the warping thrown in for good measure when they are snapping the stick forwards and back. I got plenty of hits on the guy and eventually the kill but from my point of view it just looked super gamey and a complete waste of my time regards quality of the fight

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 09:36:45 PM »
Sounds like a good maneuver to me  :aok  ... Ive done this one from time to time, I'll be RTB'n Either no fuel or combo no fuel, ammo  Low on the deck and ill see a plane coming in from way high directly to my 6, ill watch him till about 1k-800, and drop flaps, cut throttle, and pull back hard to almost a vertical, then push the nose down hard while throttling up+wep and retracting the flaps back in, its kept me alive quite a few times, and on occasion Ive killed a few.
It almost works like a chute to quickly slow you down and makes his convergence on you even faster causing him to overshot you or gives his plane a dirt nap
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 01:57:53 AM »
   When certain planes do it, like thw 190s, visually atleast on my end it doesnt look smooth. It comes across as a jerky movement.

~AoM~

Offline Dinan

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2009, 02:14:24 AM »
   When certain planes do it, like thw 190s, visually atleast on my end it doesnt look smooth. It comes across as a jerky movement.

Its sad when a player flops a completely capable 190 in the way you just described.   :(

BTW I vote stick stir.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 02:25:49 AM »
Pullings Gs is not gamey. What is gamey is rapid oscillations between high + and - Gs. I don't think anybody could stand that, and I seriously think it might damage the plane.

I will say though, I don't think the redout modeling is sufficiently punishing. No matter how many neg Gs you pull, it always seems to dissipate the moment neg Gs are relaxed, you can't get any momentarily disablement from it as with the blackout.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 02:39:27 AM »
That sounds like a possible fix right there BnZ but I dont know Hitech could do it... i.e. gun jams after rapid G changes.  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 03:08:58 AM »
I have used the same maneuver.

HiTech

In real life? How was the experience?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »
What he described was no more 'gun wrenching and sickening in real life' then Hartmann's spin he used to do to acheive the same result (spoil aim and cause overshoot).  When you've got someone on your six determined to kill you, feeling a little queasy after a maneuver is a small price to pay for being able to get back home safely.

I don't think there is anything gamey about the maneuver rv6 described.

ack-ack

Sickening yourself to the point of not being able to shoot or continue to evade is not conducive to long life either. In game we can do it all day and sip our margaritas.... hence a bit gamey. Not saying it is a bad move, just extremely limited in RL.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:15:53 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »
Sickening yourself to the point of not being able to shoot or continue to evade is not conducive to long life either. In game we can do it all day and sip our margaritas.... hence a bit gamey.
see........i feel that if you're flying for your life, the adrenaline is cranking through your system. you're not gonna feel anything 'cept fear and anxiety, till you're safe.

then you'd probably hurl all over your cockpit.  :confused:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »
Serious question

Is there any kind of effect to pulling neg Gs like with pos Gs?

With positive Gs you pass out. Neg Gs you what? (other than vomit and possibly blow the veins in your eyes)

R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 09:36:43 AM »
Serious question

With positive Gs you pass out. Neg Gs you what? (other than vomit and possibly blow the veins in your eyes)

poss retina damage I think  :eek:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Serious question

red out. all the blood is forced into your upper body
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 09:42:29 AM »
red out. all the blood is forced into your upper body
Does this go away as soon as you start pulling pos Gs or is it for a period of time like when blacking out?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 09:53:23 AM »
Does this go away as soon as you start pulling pos Gs or is it for a period of time like when blacking out?

Stress and simply wearing a pilot out. Not to mention lack of ability to concentrate. Each person would be affected a little differently and to a greater or lessor extent I'd suppose.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 10:00:59 AM »

've never experienced it, so i don't know in real life. in the game it does though
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"