Author Topic: A new era of tank towning?  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: A new era of tank towning?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 06:22:36 PM »
Spawn points are about 3/4 of a mile in diameter, so spawning onto a certain street, or PTs directly into the river isn't really workable.  They would need an open area nearby.
Ranger, what you could do with PT's is make a delta on each side for the PT spawns...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »
Oh...is there any way you could 'encourage' players to follow a certain route into the city?  Perhaps make a 'corridor' out of cliffs which funnel GVs to the city?

That's not a problem.

Rgr Spikes, I was thinking the same thing.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:36:23 PM »
Ranger what I was thinking to do for my map was make open spots in the city itself for spawn points. As for PT spawns they don't work like GVs. Where you put the little purple arrow in the TE is exactly where the PT will spawn.

EDIT: Or even better, put three Vbases on the map and build a city around them. This way if someone wants to spawncamp it will be a little harder.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:42:33 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 06:41:14 PM »
I like Voo #2. I would love to see pt's implemented in also. GL ranger <S>.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »
Add plenty of ack,it doesn`t seem to hurt tanks to quickly and it be a little more realistic.Especially around the bridges,maybe hide a few down some of the side streets and such.

Offline sirvlad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 06:50:48 PM »
oh yeah add a few of those flak towers if possible might help keep planes from bombing.I`m not sure but i doubt if they can fire down at the ground.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
oh yeah add a few of those flak towers if possible might help keep planes from bombing.I`m not sure but i doubt if they can fire down at the ground.

The new objects haven't been released yet, so we'll have to see.  It would be nice to add them to help keep planes from having a turkey shoot.

Thanks for the PT spawn info Larry, I did not know that.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »
The new objects haven't been released yet, so we'll have to see.  It would be nice to add them to help keep planes from having a turkey shoot.

Thanks for the PT spawn info Larry, I did not know that.
Mabey have it be puffy ack as to not mess with the gv's? Or some high alt mountain's surrounding the 3 V bases/TT.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:06:14 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »
Surrounding mountains is a must.  If the flak towers only fire puffy, they will be going in also. :devil
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

I think the idea of 3 VH with a city built around them and some kind of good defense to keep away the spawn campers. is a great idea, maybe even get me into a GV.  

having to roam the streets looking for tanks would be sick.  having the ability to destroy the buildings, would be icing on the cake.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »
Make it relatively close like NDISLEs, because if it's pretty far away, many people wont take the time to actually go and fight in the tank town if they have to drive long distances. Med-range for instant action, but good cover, and make it tough for spawn camping.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »
Copy that.  Let me build a downloadable demo model tonight & we'll go from there.  In the mean time, keep shooting out ideas/opinions. :aok
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »
Personally, I liked the version of TT where their was hills and clumps of tree's you would spawn into some of the time. The other part of the time you would spawn into what id call a "no man's land". Basically a flat dirt area with no cover that was between the tree/ hill cover behind you and the town infront of you. The town was surrounded by this "no man's land". Which made getting to the town a bit more risky, however their was often fewer enemies in the town so more rewarding.(This also made the use of smoke screens very effective.) I am not sure which version of AH this was on but I believe it was the one that was up between tours 85-90.

That being said, I also like the idea of incorporating bridges/ water into it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:14:15 PM by stodd »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »
Rgr Ranger, looking forward to testing it.
Stodd - I liked that too, this was how it was just before TT died. It used to be real popular before the first graphics overhaul. Where the trees were canopies.
If we can at least do rivers, this might give LVT's a little more use if people need supplies.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 08:26:22 PM »
Oh...is there any way you could 'encourage' players to follow a certain route into the city?  Perhaps make a 'corridor' out of cliffs which funnel GVs to the city?

Why would you want that? Having a predictable "path" into town will only set up a vulch feast along that route making it a gauntlet you would have to run to get to town.

I'd leave as many ways into town as possible, with as many spawn points as you could get away with. Make the spawn camping harder, make the paths into town LESS predictable. That would encourage MORE people into town than trying to make them run a gauntlet.