Author Topic: A new era of tank towning?  (Read 2551 times)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
Re: A new era of tank towning?
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
nooooooo
your old buildings so much better looking......
maybe a touch of industrial  zone in urban...
like your realism before....
<S> just my thoughts
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »
what about manned 88s that have aa only so no tank killn but keep the bomb tards away we have flak towers why not use em  :banana:

I would like to see a bridge crossing to get into fight where a defence could be setup to deny the city if able to control the crossing.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
Stodd - I liked that too, this was how it was just before TT died. It used to be real popular before the first graphics overhaul. Where the trees were canopies.
Is that because you kept bombing my tiger with your lancs? :D Seriously though, I probably lost more tigers to you back then, then to tanks.

bomb****. :P :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
Is that because you kept bombing my tiger with your lancs? :D Seriously though, I probably lost more tigers to you back then, then to tanks.

bomb****. :P :D
Hey now...back then I sucked...well I still do, but I've upgraded. Now I kill your Tiger in 234. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2009, 02:25:34 AM »
imho, best TT is wide clear field with number of small hills and spawn points in 7-10k away from each other. Numerous obstacles (hedgerows, forests, houses etc) just turn it into camping instead of real nonstop action.
Old-old TT was kicking a.s

You would probably want them relatively closer than that, because many people wouldn't want to take the extra time to drive to a TT fight.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline gpcustom

• Zinc Member
      • GPcustoms
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2009, 05:39:14 AM »
I prefer the choke points and bridges. Buildings that can be entered such as the red barns. We used to be able to enter the damaged three sided country side buildings and use them as blinds.
If they were spread about the maps we would encourage ground offensives and perhaps have capture options with spawn capabilities as well making these worth a great deal of intrest leading to more valuable targets.
My hat off to you for the time and development of the tiles,Great job,...hope its not in vein :cheers:
BRO06562
"There is one unalterable difference between a soldier and a civilian: the civilian never does more than he is paid to do."

Offline nick172

• Zinc Member
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
I like the idea of having rivers thoughout that pt's can run on. River crossings that pt's can pass under.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2009, 10:07:51 AM »
You would probably want them relatively closer than that, because many people wouldn't want to take the extra time to drive to a TT fight.

In TT I described most fights happens around center with lot long range shooting (up to 3k+). You dont actualy need to drive too far.
In TT with closer spawn points fights tend to concentrate around spawns.

But real problem is that seems map makers truly believe more obstacles makes tank town better. Thats a shame  :(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:14:12 AM by Oleg »
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2009, 02:51:08 PM »
But real problem is that seems map makers truly believe more obstacles makes tank town better. Thats a shame  :(

I don't understand.  You actually prefer to sit in open terrain and trade shells in a head to head slug fest??

I much prefer to ambush a choke point from a hidden, or at least hull down, position (although with the loss of the little hills in the new graphics it's much harder to find a hull down position).  I do not enjoy spawn camping at all (although I admit in AH that's what much tanking devolves to).  Nor do I enjoy extreme range sniping: that just gives way too much advantage to the Tiger.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
I will do my best to provide a mix to make the most people happy. ;)
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2009, 05:49:03 AM »
I don't understand.  You actually prefer to sit in open terrain and trade shells in a head to head slug fest??

I much prefer to ambush a choke point from a hidden ...

Now lets image everyone in TT do exactly same and nobody drive anywhere, how much fun you'll get?

I will do my best to provide a mix to make the most people happy. ;)

I with you luck, ever though I dont believe its possible.
May be two different TT in same map?  :noid

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:52:50 AM by Oleg »
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou