Author Topic: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...  (Read 4127 times)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
Re: Gangbanging is getting worse...don't even want to play anymore...
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
Just to be clear, as one whose only goal is the ruining of Aces High.  There are no Knights.  There are actually only two countries and each side has spies operating in the otherwise unoccupied Knight land.  So what is seen as disorganized Knight resistance, is actually Rook and Bish pilots operating in a state of confusion as neither speak the same language.

Nonsense. We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 05:03:43 PM »
fighting multiple cons isn't always bad. Its good practice and its fun! it only sucks when you get picked while taking a shot and the guy you killed  dies after you do, and someone else gets a freebie kill. By the way, the canyon last night was tons of fun, w/ or wo/ Muppets. Always, fun upping a G14 and fighting until the only people are left are Kermit, Grizz, me and a few others... (only to get killed by kermit again :) )

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
Gang bang happens on ALL sides. There is not a single country that gets gangbanged more than any other.

True, but that doesn't make it any less irritating - there's no fun in having the horde on your side to compensate for the unfun of getting ganged the day before.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »
no one makes you fly to a sector swarmed with enemy, choose your engagments more carefully and you wont be getting gang banged
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2009, 05:55:22 PM »
Been here years...it happnes in cycles...knights will be out of the barrel soon enough. I'm sure none of the knights will be briping then about not being able to take off. No , instead you'll hear griping about no fights or they can't get any kills cause others vulch better. Hangars are down....yadda yadda yadda.

I've been cussed out and called names for not toolshedding.....

Cussed out and called names for not furballing....

Cussed out and called names for not deacking.....

Cussed at and called names for not doing something some lil general thought I needed to do to help HIS cause.....when I'm fighting the very horde he's griping about.

I've been a knight for almost ALL of my time in AH....gopnna stay one. Knights do NOT work well together....some squads do but for the most part IMHO Knights just don't do well.

Case in point.

Yeasterday....the squad I'm in decided to go and run a squad mission to bomb A16 and take the heat off A52. Knights were really having a hard time.

We completely flattened that base. All but 4 buildings were down...FIghters down...Bombers dwon...Vehicles down....ords gone...troops dead....deacked....basically flatter than a pancake. 3 hours later......A16 was still an enemy base. We even TOLD them (the knights that were there) that it was flat. We killed about 12 fighters that were up. Nothing happened.

The squad I'm in doesn't do toolshedding much....just never been our deal.

Yet the very thing the knights needed...asked for...all happened and they still didn't take it.

This is normal.  
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2009, 06:35:19 PM »
Getting ganged happens to the best of us, my general strategy is not to fly into 15 red guys if I want to make it out alive that is.  So why do guys do it when it doesn't make strategic sense?  Because everyone is playing for themselves, yes they are doing this for fun and partly for the cartoon country and squad but there isn't really a guy who's going to tell you to leave a con alone and return to formation.  You won't get scolded on the ground for not following an order from some armchair general, which is great of course.  Someone sees an enemy and turns to engage, I try my best to not be part of the huge hoard, if there are 2 or 3 guys on him, they should have it handled.  I know what happens often is that you may turn to engage a plane and not see the guys around you, below or above, even to the sides.  No peripherals in this game, also no threat of running into friendly planes.  I don't think there are usually too many experienced players at the back of that comet trail (or "con"et trail  :x).  Gangin up happens because we can do whatever we want in this game, and I sure hope they don't change that.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2009, 06:42:21 PM »
You... you... you.... non-whiner you. You better get on board and stat. This kind of thinking just wont dooooooooooo.  :P

hehehehe!

:rock
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2009, 07:08:23 PM »
+1  If you can't handle being outnumberd you can always go to the other arena and horde some hapless bish or rook.

FWIW, I flew  nit last night and had a blast. Teamed up with Shuffler, Silat, Birdo, reyno, and a couple of other guys and went to  kill/frustrate the  rook horde. I only had time for two sorties but mission accomplished, with the help of folks I've mentioned.  Steve 11, Rooks 1. 

Even managed to get several minutes of whines from hordeling Twentyfo. I killed him, then frustrated him in his attempt to get vengeance in his LA7. Good fun.

Thanks to those I mentioned as well as others. It was wave hopping, stick yanking good times.  Special thanks to TwentyFo. I predicted whines from him and he deilvered right on Queue.

The fight between A5 and A62 on Baltic was jumping most the day, other than a few sorties in a vain attempt to stem the rook horde at P7 that's where I spent a lot my AH time on Sunday and had some good fights, I even got called a hacker and cheater at one point which was just icing on the cake. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
Been here years...it happnes in cycles...knights will be out of the barrel soon enough. I'm sure none of the knights will be briping then about not being able to take off. No , instead you'll hear griping about no fights or they can't get any kills cause others vulch better. Hangars are down....yadda yadda yadda.

I've been cussed out and called names for not toolshedding.....

Cussed out and called names for not furballing....

Cussed out and called names for not deacking.....

Cussed at and called names for not doing something some lil general thought I needed to do to help HIS cause.....when I'm fighting the very horde he's griping about.

I've been a knight for almost ALL of my time in AH....gopnna stay one. Knights do NOT work well together....some squads do but for the most part IMHO Knights just don't do well.

Case in point.

Yeasterday....the squad I'm in decided to go and run a squad mission to bomb A16 and take the heat off A52. Knights were really having a hard time.

We completely flattened that base. All but 4 buildings were down...FIghters down...Bombers dwon...Vehicles down....ords gone...troops dead....deacked....basically flatter than a pancake. 3 hours later......A16 was still an enemy base. We even TOLD them (the knights that were there) that it was flat. We killed about 12 fighters that were up. Nothing happened.

The squad I'm in doesn't do toolshedding much....just never been our deal.

Yet the very thing the knights needed...asked for...all happened and they still didn't take it.

This is normal.  

amen!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
If AH doesn't do something about the gangbanging, I'll be gone, not that anyone will care. I'd like to be on a team that wins occasionally but I could never be a rook or bish.
Sorry to say, but if this is your attitude, then the problem you face is of your own making.

If the land war means so much to you, I suggest changing sides to the bishops.  All three sides have all kinds of players, but on the whole, at the times I normally fly, the Bishops seem to be the chess piece that takes the ground game the "most seriously."  By that I mean they fly missions to take bases, will defend bases, come to help when asked, etc. more often than rooks or knights.  You truly may feel more "at home" there.

The squad I am in rotates countries on a regular basis.  As I said, all three have all kinds of players.  But for your "style" of gameplay, I would suggest a change of scenery would help your enjoyment. 
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2009, 02:22:50 AM »
..............<KICKS DESK>..............gets detention.......throws gum at teacher.....more detention....sent to principals office........more detention.......i dont wanna goto school anymore.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2009, 04:52:54 AM »
..............<KICKS DESK>..............gets detention.......throws gum at teacher.....more detention....sent to principals office........more detention.......i dont wanna goto school anymore.

You dummy.  Grab a girl and get caught in the bathroom if you want to get in trouble.  Greens, I thought it was too cold to chew gum there.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2009, 06:08:26 AM »
Gangbanging only works because team about to reset soon or team with numbers say only hitting mostly knights. Rooks or bish who ever is not resetting will hit knights to because its easy to take bases kill guys spread out defending. The teams being reset would turn attention to team with most bases and players maps would never change. as for midwar rooks use to milk all knight for resets. now alot rooks changed to knights because now knights roll during mid day. but again you ';ll see 15 knights hitting 3 rooks and the 5 bish on hitting rooks too. because smaller numbers easy base takes. its said but happens alot. i main arena other day rooks were 1 base form nits reset. where were knights fighting at bish base. because rooks were hitting only bish to get fields for reset knight s wanted easy bases and less enemy to fight. only vets change to fly and kill hordes the noobs want easy mode. I've see 7 rooks milking knight bases in morning and I'm only knight on and next thing 4 bish on milking knights to. so until they grow up and want to fight for kills or bases it won't change.

whats funny is you change to low numbers you always hear "F$!%$#  traitor if u come back I'll never clear your 6 or help".this always makes me laugh its a freaking game no such thing as traitors. spy's yes but then again its mostly kids or simple minds doing it.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2009, 06:41:12 AM »
It seems every time I log on Knights are getting gangbanged again. Cowardly rook and bish won't fight each other. Just look at today's map.

You rook and bish will say: "it happens to all teams equally". That is simply not true and you know it.

For the record, I NEVER participate in gangbangs. I always attack the team with the most bases and encourage my teammates to do the same. What fun/glory/satisfaction is there in attacking/crushing an opponent who has no chance of defending themselves because they're hopelessly outnumbered on two fronts?

I'm not whining, just stating facts. It's just frustrating and not fun getting your butt kicked every week because your two cowardly opponents have some sort of "agreement".

golfr...have you ever flown bish? or rook? my squadies and i love to change countries and fly with our friends on other sides, however, bish are the under dogs, you might say that the nits are but if you have flown on other sides then you would realize that it is the same on all sides. the only side you dont hear whinnin bout the horde are the rooks, bish and nits always have a complaint. i am not condoning gangbanging and i ask before i dive in on a fight to help save someone but i would rather have 1v1 any day, but that is why HTC gave us the DA. I would be happy to fight you when you are on, just give me a holla!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
By all means, go right ahead.  I need more free kills.  :t
:rofl
what tree you gonna use against me?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14