Author Topic: World War Tuesday  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: World War Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »

I believe it's always going to be more about the numbers than the set-up.

Why aren't we all still playing in EW arena? After the arena split that was the most popular arena for 1-2 weeks, with LW being virtually empty...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 01:15:43 PM »
Why aren't we all still playing in EW arena? After the arena split that was the most popular arena for 1-2 weeks, with LW being virtually empty...

Ok, I guess it isn't all about the numbers.

Look, if this set-up is the best it gets, than so be it. I'll still play.

I may have been out of line by suggesting limiting peoples options sometimes, but really that happens all the time, for good reason.

If you ran SEC, FSO, Snapshots, King of the Hill, AXRL all on the same day and same time, attendance of one or all would suffer. It wouldn't mean that any of them were unpopular.

It would just mean that the player base couldn't support them all at the same time, and would choose the one they prefer, probably FSO, and as the other numbers dwindled, even more would migrate to FSO.

So the majority prefers things the way they are. That's cool, I can accept that.

<S>
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:20:07 PM by jimson »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 09:34:56 PM »
Jimson,  Your best argument would be to enlist squads in an AvA night.

HT, I would like the variety of early war, mid war and AvA if there was someone to fight once in a while.  Any arena that loses critical mass will flounder.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
yes i will like to horde gang axis rides very much.

+1 

bring it on limey!  :noid
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:21 PM »
Jimson,  Your best argument would be to enlist squads in an AvA night.

HT, I would like the variety of early war, mid war and AvA if there was someone to fight once in a while.  Any arena that loses critical mass will flounder.

X2^10

Which was my reason for asking for a seperate LWB AvA, which is NOT the same as the standard AvA arena.

Strip

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
I was content to let this one die, but since it's at the top of the page and this won't bump it.............

Jimson,  Your best argument would be to enlist squads in an AvA night.

That's a good idea, but I work nights, and if it's already sparsely populated at night, there's probably no way to get it going during the day.

X2^10

Which was my reason for asking for a seperate LWB AvA, which is NOT the same as the standard AvA arena.

Strip

(I hesitate to ask this because there are some, like Mister Fork who are doing good work in the AvA and I don't want to offend anyone, just tossing ideas around.)

If the current AvA was eliminated, and then another type of AvA set up was run once a week, like TT is (no forcing anyone in) Would the fact that it was a limited time only, concentrate more people in during that day?

Or do people just dislike that type of set-up and there is no hope of it ever being very popular?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:13:35 PM by jimson »

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »
Sounds a lot like running a special event for which we have more then one special event arenas. 

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:01 PM »
Sounds a lot like running a special event for which we have more then one special event arenas. 
In a way yes, but only as much of one as Titanic Tuesday is.

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2009, 12:23:48 AM »
I would like to see an axis v allies set up in the main arena once per week. Sort of like an ava titanic tuesday, with all main theaters represented on one map.

A central area representing Germany and the occupied territories, a large Island to the west of that representing the allied presence in the UK. To the north, an allied area representing Russia. To the east, an area representing the Japanese home land with island bases leading to an area representing Hawaii as a staging area for the Pacific fleet.

Of course, you would have to fudge distances, etc to make it playable

Enable only roughly appropriate planes and vehicles in the respective areas.

Only the center most, (maybe uncapturable) bases of your areas would have the newest rides enabled, but as you pushed further into enemy territory they would become progressively enabled at those bases too.

That would kind of simulate the timeline of the war and force you to capture some pacific islands before you could run heavy bombing raids into the Japanese homeland, for example.

You could still fly any plane you wanted but you'd pay a price by only being able to fly from certain areas and bases.

By the time you were striking the enemy heart, you could be bringing your newest rides against their's.

Yeah, you'd be giving players only one choice of main arena play, but it would be just one day a week.

that is why there is a AvA

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2009, 12:29:13 AM »
that is why there is a AvA

Right, but the availability of AvA seems to currently exceed the demand.

If you reduce the availability, might you concentrate the demand, and improve those numbers when it is open?