Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9333 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
And whats the Cost of having 40+ servers for all the 1v1 5v5 10v10? you couldn't do all that on the Servers they have now, Those would be H2H Servers or Private Servers, That would just destroy this game.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
New Arena            1v1, 5vs5, 10vs10 unranked/ranked system

Get it done AH so we can fight

There is DA. Go there and arrange your own 1v1, 5v5 and 10v10 match-ups. It is available, why don't you use it?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »
I am very open to a fix.  Hopefully others are also.  However even arena size does not stop folks shying from the fight, which I assume is why we are all here.
In my experience overall gameplay in an arena with a midsized map and 90-120 players is typically a far more enjoyable experience overall than a giant map with 350-400+ people in it all flying Late War uber rides with uber lethal weapons.  

For your specific complaint, people shying away from a fight..... two factors that come to mind for reluctance to fight are related to the scoring system (people want to preserve good K/D and other ratings) and the lethality settings.  This is especially evident in the LW arenas where the machines and weapons are so uber-lethal that there is litttle chance of recovering from even the most basic errors.  People learn quickly to avoid conditions of disadvantage.  And they also learn to fly the 4x20mm monsters or whatever the latest uberflavor of the month is.  

As to why we are all here?  yep, ultimately its the fight.  Remember, there are different ways to fight.  Some people love to tank and thats all they do, other people love to fly BUFFs and bomb...and thats all they do.  People who love nothing but P51s going 550 MPH all the time and thats all they do...lots of different things to do and lots of different ways to fight.

Still, for overall game play the smaller maps with fewer players tend to breed better overall conidtions for basic game enjoyment.

Just my opinion... :x
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:42:38 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2009, 01:42:05 PM »
Something should be done, everyone always talks about historic accuracy and such, i've never seen a video of lanc formations trimming the tree tops only to pop and drop 42000lb of ord on one building.

While it wasn't Lancasters look up Operation Tidal Wave, Ploiesti or skip bombing.  I'm not an advocate of the tactic but NOE raids did in fact happen in real life.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 01:42:21 PM »
Still, for overall game play the smaller maps with fewer players tend to breed better overall conidtions for basic game enjoyment.

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »
Hello Rich,

Even an incredibly patient and respectful man has his limits.  I have reached mine.  After 2 and 1/2 years of AH I am extremely frustrated by the inability to combat these incoming overkill raids.  By inability to combat I mean actually engage the incoming raid. 
I hear what you are saying Rich, but this is killing the game.  When I hear my squaddies discussing what other games we could play as a group, it tells me that there is a problem.  My sincerest hope is that HTC will enact changes to stop or render these overkill 40 man NOE missions less effective.  It is about the combat.  If the base gets taken in the process that's great.  However it is about the combat.  No fight, no fun.

Much respect,

Way

your kidding me right?

A month or two ago I successfully held off a raid all by myself long enough for help to arrive. Racked up 6 kills in the proccess.
Was quite comical really. I noticed a base flashing and jumped in a shore battery thinking there was a Cv near by. I didnt see the Cv but I did see an NOE raid comming in.
I jumped in an LA7 figuring that would get me up and fast the quiickest and Voxed the JG2 squad whom I've been flying with lately about the raid.
then I was voxing. Splash 1, splash 2, splash 3 and so forth. they thought I was joking. Meanwhile the raid was concentrating more on blowing up buildings then they were on me. Cant say as I blame em. there were  ton of them and only 1 of me. what possible threat could I pose? Splash 4. splash 5. then someone finally got the bright idea to try to shoot me down. but by then JG2 got the word out and  more friendlies started upping. I finally got nailed in the oil and decided it was time to land.
Just as my engine died on final approach another bogie flew in front of me. so I fired. splash 6 and I managed to gear up land on the runway.
"Drediock landed 6 kills" yadda yadda.
I hear laughing on vox as as the guys from JG2 tell me they thought I was joking with all the kill claims.

by then alot more friendies were upping and the attack was quelled on short order.

All in all great fun.

NOE raids are relatively easy to stop if you react to the base flashing soon enough. Up in something fast. locate the raid fly past it and go find the goon which is almost always in tow right behind them and are rarely defended well. (Part of that lack of imagination thing I was talking about in another thread)
After that. go looking for more goons or to the base they are sure to be upping another goon from.

Kill enough goons and either they give up or by the time they do get another goon there. either more friendies are showing up. Or the buildings are starting to pop again.

More often then not they just give up and go look for someplace else that isnt defended
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »
your kidding me right?

A month or two ago I successfully held off a raid all by myself long enough for help to arrive. Racked up 6 kills in the proccess.
Was quite comical really. I noticed a base flashing and jumped in a shore battery thinking there was a Cv near by. I didnt see the Cv but I did see an NOE raid comming in.
I jumped in an LA7 figuring that would get me up and fast the quiickest and Voxed the JG2 squad whom I've been flying with lately about the raid.
then I was voxing. Splash 1, splash 2, splash 3 and so forth. they thought I was joking. Meanwhile the raid was concentrating more on blowing up buildings then they were on me. Cant say as I blame em. there were  ton of them and only 1 of me. what possible threat could I pose? Splash 4. splash 5. then someone finally got the bright idea to try to shoot me down. but by then JG2 got the word out and  more friendlies started upping. I finally got nailed in the oil and decided it was time to land.
Just as my engine died on final approach another bogie flew in front of me. so I fired. splash 6 and I managed to gear up land on the runway.
"Drediock landed 6 kills" yadda yadda.
I hear laughing on vox as as the guys from JG2 tell me they thought I was joking with all the kill claims.

by then alot more friendies were upping and the attack was quelled on short order.

All in all great fun.

NOE raids are relatively easy to stop if you react to the base flashing soon enough. Up in something fast. locate the raid fly past it and go find the goon which is almost always in tow right behind them and are rarely defended well. (Part of that lack of imagination thing I was talking about in another thread)
After that. go looking for more goons or to the base they are sure to be upping another goon from.

Kill enough goons and either they give up or by the time they do get another goon there. either more friendies are showing up. Or the buildings are starting to pop again.

More often then not they just give up and go look for someplace else that isnt defended

the problem is that sometimes help doesn't arrive.

last week, i was the sole defender of v6......against my old squaddies. i went in there with intentions of defending. called for help.....2 or 3 times, just said it was under heavy attack. while there was a line of 8 green dots heading for v2(cause it takes that many) not one single person came to aid defending v6.

since i knew it was my old squad, i stopped defending, and just went for a couple of good fights against em.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CrAcKeR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2009, 02:01:05 PM »

They are trying hard to convince the community that they've always been a 'fighter' squadron, not working though.

ack-ack

Ack Ack is trying hard to convince the community that his negative comments mean something :aok give us a break

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
How about gathering a sufficient enough force to stop a NOE raid? Hm?  :rolleyes:

You obvious haven't been playing in the LW MAs recently... or at least payed the slightest attention to the recent ENY values or observe the war developing and play out across the map.  To realistically get a sufficient defence going against one of these recent NOE hordes would require the Knits to completely give up defending our other 2nd front, leaving one of the two countries currently devoted to hording Knitland uncontested and opponent-less.  Our numbers are so low recently too that I wouldn't be surprised if currently half the defending Knits who are defending (because they're good peoples like that) were seriously wishing they could be doing something else in the game that they would enjoy doing... rather than being forced into doing the jobs which if they don't do, then nobody else will (because there isn't anybody else around to do it, lol).

If ENY was supposed to be setup and configured in a way to help us Knits out in this situation, it is currently far from adequately or properly configured.  And it's really sad how us Knits recently are getting to the point where we're counting on ENY penalties against the other two contries to be our greatest asset (only to unfortunately notice it being of no assistance to us at all).

I don't know why I'm even putting effort into this, the obvious facts are that us Knits are the AH minority and thus favored punching bag of the other countries.  HTC will leave things as they are for the weekend and come back Monday morning to cleanup the mess that will be waiting for them in the arenas and on the message board, they won't loose any sleep and weekend enjoyment if the Knits are having another bad day/weekend/week/month/year.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 02:08:26 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
Babalonian, you just cant let it get you down, Ive flown knights for 7 years, The Squad only flys knights and thats fine with me, and ive seen every country in the "barrell', but i do have to admit seems the knights are in it more than not, and recently way to much, but i still have fun trying lol and also ive been flying in the Mid War (meet some great guys there) The LW has become stale for me, i just fly on squad nights there, mostly Snapshots. FSO's and MW
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »
You are trying too hard to keep the PoTW front and center stage with all the threads.  Not sure why other then to try and change the perception of what the PoTW have been in terms of fighting style history.

Just go out and fight and shoot em all down.  I doubt NOE raids will stop.  If folks get their kicks out of fighting cartoon buildings and not fighting, they're probably not gonna get shamed into changing.

Amen brother

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 02:50:43 PM »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
Ack Ack is trying hard to convince the community that his negative comments mean something :aok give us a break
Naw, Ack Ack is right...there has been soooo much Pork on the Wing spam floating around the BBS in the last month, I look at them now as a squeaker squad. Use to have a some "e-respect" for their squad, not so much any more.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
Enough with the stupid whining, you selfish @#$%$#s, take it or leave.
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 03:21:13 PM »
So much whining in this game lately, -NOE ruins gameplay, porkers are dumb, furballers are selfish, pickers are losers, ENY sucks, stop the hordes-... ... ... blah, blah, blah.

Everyone seems to want the game to be EXACTLY the way THEY WANT is to be, ALL THE TIME.  Well guess what, HTC is a business, they are in it to make MONEY, and they can't please EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.

If HTC made the game exactly what waystin wants, then waystin would be their only customer, if they make it exactly what I want, then I would be their only customer.  AH is a successful game precisely because it offers many different styles of game-play, and therefore appeals to a wide audience.  If any of you whiners had the game exactly how you wanted it, HTC would probably go bankrupt very quickly.

And all of the silly ideas to "stop" this or "fix" that would only make game-play more complicated for the rest of us.

So all you whiners put your money where your mouth is and LEAVE.  Otherwise suck it up and take it like a man.

PS. as for NOE raids, I like em, because they DO PROMOTE COMBAT when we take a base deep in enemy territory unexpectedly.  It almost always sets off a huge fight, with the enemy trying to take it back, and us vigorously defending it, with enemy bases all around.  And NOE raids are easy to bust if you catch them in time, then they turn into a great NOE furball.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 03:26:43 PM by saggs »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »
You are trying too hard to keep the PoTW front and center stage with all the threads.  Not sure why other then to try and change the perception of what the PoTW have been in terms of fighting style history.

Just go out and fight and shoot em all down.  I doubt NOE raids will stop.  If folks get their kicks out of fighting cartoon buildings and not fighting, they're probably not gonna get shamed into changing.

sure looks that way........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC