Author Topic: NOE Hall of Shame  (Read 9318 times)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Re: NOE Hall of Shame
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »

The 357th hand down

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
The 357th hand down

Please forgive my ignorance.  I have never heard of them.  Info?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 10:45:40 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
Even an incredibly patient and respectful man has his limits.  I have reached mine.  After 2 and 1/2 years of AH I am extremely frustrated by the inability to combat these incoming overkill raids. 
You are looking for the wrong fix.  Overcrowding behavior's is AH's biggest problem IMO.  Limit Arenas to medium sized maps and no more than 35 players per team.  If you dont like that suggestion then you are doomed to the dweebery that results from way to many rats in one box.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »
You are looking for the wrong fix.  Overcrowding behavior's is AH's biggest problem IMO.  Limit Arenas to medium sized maps and no more than 35 players per team.  If you dont like that suggestion then you are doomed to the dweebery that results from way to many rats in one box.

I am very open to a fix.  Hopefully others are also.  However even arena size does not stop folks shying from the fight, which I assume is why we are all here.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
DA-style radar would put a stop to milking undefended bases.   Having ENY kick in earlier and harder would be nice too.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Corrs

• Silver Member
      • TAC Drivers
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »
LOL a 1 man NOE attack although commendable for it's bravery does not meet the qualifications for inclusion Corrs.  How about an honorable mention?  :rofl

:salute

:rofl  :aok 

That's alright...I prefer the Miss Congeniality award  :neener:
Corrs
The Flying Circus
Head of The Flying Circus Numbnutz Clown Union since 2000
FSO 334th FS Corrs's Nose Art
WARNING: Keep smiley's out of reach of Corrs

Offline nipper

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 11:09:02 AM »
How about limiting the number of people that can join a mission?

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
How about gathering a sufficient enough force to stop a NOE raid? Hm?  :rolleyes:
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2009, 11:14:16 AM »
How about gathering a sufficient enough force to stop a NOE raid? Hm?  :rolleyes:

Fair enough Hyperion.  What do you fight with when the hangars and town are down in just a few short minutes?  I am talking about total hordeling apocalypse with little or no chance of stopping them Sir.  Hopefully you know me well enough to know that I will up into the most horrible circumstances, and my squaddies will follow.  If you do get the jump on them, they disappear.  There is no fight to be had.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2009, 11:23:09 AM »
Fair enough Hyperion.  What do you fight with when the hangars and town are down in just a few short minutes?  I am talking about total hordeling apocalypse with little or no chance of stopping them Sir.  Hopefully you know me well enough to know that I will up into the most horrible circumstances, and my squaddies will follow.  If you do get the jump on them, they disappear.  There is no fight to be had.

Me and the 82nd boys would mount up in our 38s at a base next to the one being horded, then head over to get fancy with the hordes. Thwarting NOE missions arent as hard as it may seem. You just need to get your wingmen/squad together and get to the base in time. The fight may be short-lived, but at least you have that chance of getting kills. The idea here is getting everyone in your squad en masse and coordinate the attack against those noe dweebs.

Besides, I have seen noe missions completely fail by the appearance of just one 262 as he BnZs everyone to the tower.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »

Being only of the rank of Potato Peeler 3rd Class in Knightland,  that would be an improper and unauthorized allocation of military resources.
I could get in trouble.  :uhoh
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »
Just let them have the first base, but plan ahead and get some defense on the ground and in the air at the next possible target and surprise them.  Easy enough.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

And you don't see the town or Field flashing once they cross the DAR bar?? under radar or 20k it flashes, so if your to lazy to up fighters to see whats causing the town and Field to flash then you deserve what you get. theres more than enough warning to up
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
Limit Arenas to medium sized maps and no more than 35 players per team

If you do that then AH will just becomes a "furballers Only Club"........

That's what AW was back in 1990... we hated it. Well the hand full of furballers liked it. Most players back then wanted Large maps, tanks, ships that move and they wanted to play WAR. Furballers hate war.... War don't care how good you are in a 1 vs. 1 or what ACM you know. In War step #1 is never fight fair, you fight to win.

CAVALRY.... ex AW Furballer
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 11:37:02 AM »
The real issue has already been stated...

The game as become for many "capture as many bases as quickly as possible".
The game's intent is "to promote combat in a multi-player online environment using WWII equipment".

I find it sad that so many are falling into the former rather than the latter.  And the problem is self-perpetuating as new guys come into the game to see so many hordes porking fields and rolling bases and figure that's how the game is played.   :(
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals