Author Topic: Wings of Prey, PC beta release!  (Read 14521 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Wings of Prey, PC beta release!
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:31:36 PM »
So, I just now stumbled across the following link while searching for BoB SoW info. Turns out WoP is being released for PC with additional content (better graphics, more planes etc). If you pre order the game you can play the beta version right now!

Graphics are a 10, but I'm not sure what online game play is like, let alone flight model. the planeset also looks a little thin of the British/US front, but I'm told the company who makes this game has a large development team, so we could see additions down the road.

Has anyone on our BBS already preordered and played the beta? Thoughts, input?

Wings of Prey, PC specs)

Eye candy video!!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:15:01 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
Re: Wings of Prey, PC release!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
Yeah it looks pretty good, as longs as it dont suffer the same problems of IL2s flight model all feeling the same
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:49:58 PM »

I'm told the company who makes this game has a large development team, so we could see additions down the road.

Yours for only $9.99 each! Nevermind the fact they should frelling well have been in the game in the first place....
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
Sorry but I'm going to look at that like MW2 for pc, which is nothing but a port of a console game.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »
Thank cod they're making it politically correct; I hate it when video games are offensive...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 02:56:27 PM »
Sorry but I'm going to look at that like MW2 for pc, which is nothing but a port of a console game.
I agree. I wish MW2 wasn't such a success, but I guess their PC game industry isn't important enough for them.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
I agree, not having dedicated servers will royally suck. I've been trolling the forum and it seems a lot of people who play the beta have been asking for dedicated servers.

I bit and pre-ordered the game.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:54:25 PM by Kazaa »

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 05:28:18 PM »
I agree, not having dedicated servers will royally suck. I've been trolling the forum and it seems a lot of people who play the beta have been asking for dedicated servers.

I bit and pre-ordered the game.

your have to write up a mini review for us :), I like the looks of all the luft rides for us to fly :D
JG11

www.JG11.org

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Wings of Prey, PC beta release!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 06:28:40 PM »
 :lol

From the Wings of Prey website:
The Supermarine Spitfire was a British fighter of the WWII era. It was a single-engine, all-metal, low-wing monoplane with retractable landing gear. Various modifications served as fighters, interceptors, high-altitude fighters, fighter-bombers and reconnaissance aircraft.
The Mk XVI variant was very similar to the Mk IX, however it was powered by a US-manufactured Packard Merlin 266 engine. A total of 1,054 Spitfires of this variant were produced. All production variants had the distinguishing feature of low-altitude clipped wings; late production variants were also equipped with underwing cannons.
No, just no.  No Spitfire ever had underwing cannons nor have I ever come across any proposal to try to put cannons under its wing.  The idea is absurd give the fact that the Spitfire could easily, if desired, carry additional cannons internally in the wing and yet did not.

Sorry, but console game.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 06:38:17 PM »
No, just no.  No Spitfire ever had underwing cannons nor have I ever come across any proposal to try to put cannons under its wing.  The idea is absurd give the fact that the Spitfire could easily, if desired, carry additional cannons internally in the wing and yet did not.

Sorry, but console game.

such fail on their part. I'm worried now, but the game looks so seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexy! :x

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »
Underwing cannons on a Spit???  That's wrong on SO many levels.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 07:04:57 PM »
such fail on their part. I'm worried now, but the game looks so seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexy! :x

Have the console version, even with the 'advanced' flight settings, it has a very pronounced arcade like feel to the planes.  From my understanding, the only difference between the PC and console versions is the better graphics of the PC version and the flight model is the same.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 08:35:32 PM »
Wings of Prey...  Umm.  That's like, chicken wings?  Maybe dove or quail?

I know what a "bird of prey" is, but "wing of prey" is food, right?   :huh
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 04:36:26 AM »
No, just no.  No Spitfire ever had underwing cannons nor have I ever come across any proposal to try to put cannons under its wing.  The idea is absurd give the fact that the Spitfire could easily, if desired, carry additional cannons internally in the wing and yet did not.

Sorry, but console game.

:cry

JG11

www.JG11.org

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 06:29:18 AM »
Hmm, those dirty windows...  Never would have been allowed.  The pilot would have cleaned them himself if the ground crew had given him a plane with windows that dirty.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.