Author Topic: Question for the police out there...  (Read 4502 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Re: Question for the police out there...
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
i deal with customers all day long. sometimes i'm in a piss-poor mood. sometimes i'm not. the hardest thing, though is having a customer that you hate dealing with, come in when you're in that piss poor mood.
 yet, no one everEVER knows i'm in that piss poor mood. well......besides me.
 if i can do it, then most other people can.

business is business, don't let your personal feelings interfere with the profit.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2009, 06:50:19 PM »
oopsie.......mis read.

he didn't ticket ya, because he knew there was no way one of them would go that fast..... :noid :neener:

:rofl  you bastage  :rofl

my yardstick is pretty simple. long as you're honest....and you treat me and mine well, you get the same back from me.

very good way of thinking :aok  wish more had that same attitude.

there are a few guys/gals in AH, I would like to meet in person, you are one of them :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »
business is business, don't let your personal feelings interfere with the profit.

yes.....but i am also a public servant in my own way. i am part of the infrastructure that keeps people on the road. i refuse to let a customer see me in a bad mood.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »
:rofl  you bastage  :rofl

very good way of thinking :aok  wish more had that same attitude.

there are a few guys/gals in AH, I would like to meet in person, you are one of them :salute

:rofl :rofl

ya....there are some here i'd like to meet.

what would be interesting, would to possibly do a northeast region meet up or something. it seems there's a lot of people in game up this way.

and yes, even though you're a mopar guy, meeting ya would be cool.... :aok :aok

oo...crap.......i drive a dodge!!!!!    aaaggghh!! :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2009, 07:20:27 PM »
If it was a laser? (I believe we use the LTI 20-20 Ultralyte).

Lasers are notoriously bad, iirc the beam spread is 1 foot for every 100 feet, so if he got you at 700 feet the beam spread is 7 feet, add in the hand held wobble and you have a situation where it is very easy to get the wrong reading. Check on the maximum recommended handheld range for that model, I think the maximum manufacturer handheld range might be 500m (but it's worth checking).

I got done a few years back, similar to you, there was a guy coming up behind me, trucks every moment or so obscuring the cops view. He said it was me, when I said no it wasn't he claimed there were no other vehicles on the road at the time. At that moment I knew he was lying, and would lie in court. So I paid - twice - once for the fine - and a second time for a Laser jammer (Bel Laser Pro 985) - and it works a treat :)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2009, 07:26:01 PM »
Lasers are notoriously bad, iirc the beam spread is 1 foot for every 100 feet, so if he got you at 700 feet the beam spread is 7 feet, add in the hand held wobble and you have a situation where it is very easy to get the wrong reading. Check on the maximum recommended handheld range for that model, I think the maximum manufacturer handheld range might be 500m (but it's worth checking).

I got done a few years back, similar to you, there was a guy coming up behind me, trucks every moment or so obscuring the cops view. He said it was me, when I said no it wasn't he claimed there were no other vehicles on the road at the time. At that moment I knew he was lying, and would lie in court. So I paid - twice - once for the fine - and a second time for a Laser jammer (Bel Laser Pro 985) - and it works a treat :)

ooo dude........officer rich will be along to getcha.

on another note....here's a link to a site about this unit.

http://www.quattro123.com/LTI.htm
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2009, 07:28:52 PM »
bear in mind.......he showed you the reading. did that also show that it was your car?

police use that ploy a lot. they hope that the guy will then give up right then and there, and simply pay their fine.

No. He approached the car, asked for the paperwork, and told me I was doing 83. I responded with something to the effect of "Are you sure?" He showed me the gun and I said "I can't believe that..." he then told me it was considered excessive and that I would have a court date. Walked back to his car while another cop had a smoke. (I think this guy was a trainee...) after about 5 minutes (Or so it seemed) he came back, had me sign on his pad saying it wasn't an admission of guilt, simply acknowledgment I recieved a summons, I said "Yes sir" he told me to be safe and I was on my way.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »
ooo dude........officer rich will be along to getcha.

He can try all he likes, I've had it for 7 or 8 years now, and lets just say it's been 'significantly tested' :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
No. He approached the car, asked for the paperwork, and told me I was doing 83. I responded with something to the effect of "Are you sure?" He showed me the gun and I said "I can't believe that..." he then told me it was considered excessive and that I would have a court date. Walked back to his car while another cop had a smoke. (I think this guy was a trainee...) after about 5 minutes (Or so it seemed) he came back, had me sign on his pad saying it wasn't an admission of guilt, simply acknowledgment I recieved a summons, I said "Yes sir" he told me to be safe and I was on my way.

that was my point. they use that as a "head game" making you think you're screwed.

i don't fault all police......but ones like this ruin the good reputation of all of them.

check this link for some info on the gun you listed.

there's a rather interesting link or 2 within this page also.

i hope you get off on this dude.........and think you will.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »

Looking through that site, my passenger and I both recognize the stock support, but neither of us recall having seen the depicted scope on top of it. In addition, the displays pictured are all wrong. It was a single square (The unit was black and the display was yellow with black lettering) in the upper left, IIRC was the number 83. Below that was another number, 3-digits, probably the range though I did not take note. Nothing else was displayed.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
He can try all he likes, I've had it for 7 or 8 years now, and lets just say it's been 'significantly tested' :D

i just drive "stealthmobiles" now.

caravan......well......most police simply don't notice em.

geo prism.....i think they pity me and ignore it.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »
All you have to say is that you were driving a little over the speed limit in the left lane where you shouldn't have been and two cars screamed passed you in the right lane.  The cop must have tagged 83mph and looked for the most likely suspect and thought it was you being in the passing lane.  Then explain how much of a pos your car is.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »
Looking through that site, my passenger and I both recognize the stock support, but neither of us recall having seen the depicted scope on top of it. In addition, the displays pictured are all wrong. It was a single square (The unit was black and the display was yellow with black lettering) in the upper left, IIRC was the number 83. Below that was another number, 3-digits, probably the range though I did not take note. Nothing else was displayed.

sorry if i seem like i'm harping on this.........

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2920.asp

i was looking for the manual through google. it's out there. it's in pdf, and i don't have adobe on this machine. google the type of unit you listed. the manual will have the specs for the unit.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 07:51:11 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
sorry if i seem like i'm harping on this.........

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/29/2920.asp

That's the same site I got the original idea of which unit they use here. I'm not trying to argue, I just want to make sure any information I use is correct. So, looking at the three beam pattern from a distance (That site displays a shot from 750 feet conveniently enough) the beam still appears accurate enough to peg an individual car, so really my only point of contention can be that his aim was off. Could that be considered likely from 750feet?

Again, I am not trying to get out of a ticket. I was in the wrong and I know it. I am willing to pay whatever fine is necessary. I just don't want to take an extra hit for something I didn't do. If they were charging me for the 65MPH I HAD been doing, we wouldn't be discussing this. 83 however adds a whole new level of suffering.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
That's the same site I got the original idea of which unit they use here. I'm not trying to argue, I just want to make sure any information I use is correct. So, looking at the three beam pattern from a distance (That site displays a shot from 750 feet conveniently enough) the beam still appears accurate enough to peg an individual car, so really my only point of contention can be that his aim was off. Could that be considered likely from 750feet?

Again, I am not trying to get out of a ticket. I was in the wrong and I know it. I am willing to pay whatever fine is necessary. I just don't want to take an extra hit for something I didn't do. If they were charging me for the 65MPH I HAD been doing, we wouldn't be discussing this. 83 however adds a whole new level of suffering.

there was a diagram on that site...it showed how the beam could've hit another car.

personally, i'd be of the belief that he "shot" one of the closer cars to him as they passed you. that's the only part you should be concerning with right now.
 you were stopped, and written up for someone else's wrong. period. now, you just need to prove it.

remember, even if you were the target, the beam "spreads" over distance. the farther the distance, the more spread. brings us back to the other vehicle getting shot.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"