Author Topic: i don't normally do this  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Gr8pape

• Copper Member
      • Swamp Revel Computers
Re: i don't normally do this
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
I know sometimes the "game" can get pretty frustrating, but sometimes you just have to walk away, that being said.

Acceptable  HO shots = anytime you get in my gun sight, which also goes for "picks" and AFK's, if you don't want to be shot down, don't let yourself get into position to be shot down.

Every WWII pilot took advantage of any mistake the enemy made, be it he flew for the Allies or the Axis.

Remember that this is a game, and you can turn it off and sleep in your bed at night, the men who actually fought this war could not and had to live the life, we fly cartoons, they flew the real thing, when a situation got bad they ran, and so would anyone else in there situation.  

Those who play for the score, run when things get bad, those who play for the fun of it, stay and fight.

CAP is right don't complain when you get shot down, no one wants to hear or see your whining on channel or pm, instead up another plane and go back and see if you can shoot them down, but most of all, have fun. :salute :airplane: :joystick:
I would rather try and fail, than not try at all. (paraphrased)
F.D. Roosevelt

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2010, 09:47:30 AM »
In most, the greatest weakness is the lack of experience of the cartoon peeeelot in said aircraft.

I agree that pilot experience and knowledge can be a weakness.  Strictly speaking of aircraft abilities though, I say Dedalos makes a good point.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »
"But Cap, its soooooooo much fun watching the Spit16 kids try to turn with it.  Then I prepare for the "Haxxor" PM "
Sorry, I did not realize you meant this as a compliment to their abilities lol.  Really?  Do you get a lot of "Haxxor" PMs every day?  :lol

"I told him to bring his Spit16 and I'd bring my choice."
Sounds like you chose his plane but did not reveal yours until the fight.  Why is that?  He might have lost, but he did the right thing.  He tried to beat you in your game and did not take the easy way out.

My point about the Spit16 kids was the fact that many seem to have this idea that it is the some monster that cannot be beat. Espeacially by some EW plane. Many cry foul.  

Yes, I told him to bring his Spit16, the plane he was most comfortable in, the plane he flies the most. I don't see it as he did the right thing, if I was in a 51 going against a Brew, I would not play the Brews game. I'm sure you turn fight every Brew when you're in a LA7 or Niki? I do not fault a player for using the strengths of their planes. Everything from extentions, to climb rates, dive rates, and gun packages.

I was against Bruv119 one late evening, he was in a 109K, he used his aircrafts superior climb ability to gain the advantage, and eventally knocked the wings right off my plane. It was a great fight, and I enjoyed it greatly.

But I have learned from you Dedalos, in duel in MA against a guy I am supposed to play their game, vs mine.

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »
I know sometimes the "game" can get pretty frustrating, but sometimes you just have to walk away, that being said.

Acceptable  HO shots = anytime you get in my gun sight, which also goes for "picks" and AFK's, if you don't want to be shot down, don't let yourself get into position to be shot down.

Every WWII pilot took advantage of any mistake the enemy made, be it he flew for the Allies or the Axis.

Remember that this is a game, and you can turn it off and sleep in your bed at night, the men who actually fought this war could not and had to live the life, we fly cartoons, they flew the real thing, when a situation got bad they ran, and so would anyone else in there situation.  

Those who play for the score, run when things get bad, those who play for the fun of it, stay and fight.

CAP is right don't complain when you get shot down, no one wants to hear or see your whining on channel or pm, instead up another plane and go back and see if you can shoot them down, but most of all, have fun. :salute :airplane: :joystick:

Your partially right. This is a game... a competition. You can either try to compete and improve or just Ho everything.

Real pilots in WWII were not in a game competing. The stakes were much higher.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »
I'm sure you turn fight every Brew when you're in a LA7 or Niki?

Actually, yes  :lol 

But I have learned from you Dedalos, in duel in MA against a guy I am supposed to play their game, vs mine.
Absolutely not lol.  Just twisting words looking for a way out again.  I never said that.  Play your game and get your "Haxxor" PMz  :lol

Only play and beat them in their game if you want to justify the Haxxor PM lol

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
Looking for a way out of what?

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver