Author Topic: i don't normally do this  (Read 4134 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: i don't normally do this
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »
That is cheating too.  You will be making your plane lighter  :O

It's not cheating. it's improvising :neener:..

at least till they give me rear firing guns.  :airplane:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2010, 03:42:50 PM »

.SAPPMODE .deathstar
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »
I was there for one of the conversations with the PERSON being discussed.  I was working on about my 6th beer, and when he wrote"you wont land those" and just a few minutes later I saw XXXX landed 2 kills in a XXX I almost fell out of the chair. :x :D :bolt:
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2010, 04:49:40 PM »
It's not cheating. it's improvising :neener:..

See sig! It rocks...just ask Draggon! :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2010, 04:56:15 PM »
Because it is a set up for what I described.  If he turns like he did, you come in here and brag about how dumb and skilless he is.  Had he used the plane the way he was supposed to, you would have been in here whining that he was e-fighting the your little ENY 30 plane.  Show up in the same plane and same alt and teach him a lesson if you think you can.

Question ded.

How about when you drag the E out of them, then blast em. Ive watched you,slap,stang ect all do this on many occasions, in  "inferior" ac.  If that's not teaching them a lesson what is?
See Rule #4

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
Because it is a set up for what I described.  If he turns like he did, you come in here and brag about how dumb and skilless he is.  Had he used the plane the way he was supposed to, you would have been in here whining that he was e-fighting the your little ENY 30 plane.  Show up in the same plane and same alt and teach him a lesson if you think you can.

Your comment in bold is what I am talking about.  You gave yourself a way out of failing.  What does ENY 30 mean anyway?  The Brew is a hell of a turner.  You want to claim you out turned someone do it when they are in a Brewster also.
Whoa Trigger! Where did I call anyone skillless or dumb? Had he used/ or anyone for that matter used E-fighting I would have been very pleased.  It creates more of a challenge. Use your planes strenghts and use your enemies weakness.

Yes the Brewster is a great turning aircraft.  But the Spit climbs faster, accelerates better, and carries a better gun package. If anyone extendes with in reason I do not fault them, I did not force him to automatically start a turn fight.  That was the pilots choice.  As was his choice of aircraft.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2010, 06:12:59 PM »
Question ded.

How about when you drag the E out of them, then blast em. Ive watched you,slap,stang ect all do this on many occasions, in  "inferior" ac.  If that's not teaching them a lesson what is?

Beating the crap out of them in their 'own' plane.  I used to drag storchita into the DA and it would get boring shooting down his Bf 109K4 in my P-38J each time then I upped a Bf 109K4 myself and beat the snot out of Storchita (ironically, it took me less time to kill him in a K4 than it did in a P-38J) in it.  To me that was a better schooling than if I had continued doing it in a P-38J.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
I challenge all of you to a duel!!@#111

I accept, B5N's at 1k?
:)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
I accept, B5N's at 1k?
:)

Try to get the kill by dropping a torpedo on the other plane, not using rear gun.  :D
Kommando Nowotny

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »
That happened to me last night, except the guy hoed on the first merge and I dodged. the second merge I sent him some .50 cals as a gift and his hoed out carcass hit my plane. He gets on 200 complaining and about 5 of his buddies join him in telling me I was the ho and ace pilot. He pointed his nose at me, I wasn't going to let him ho me again.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2010, 07:55:19 PM »
Beating the crap out of them in their 'own' plane.  I used to drag storchita into the DA and it would get boring shooting down his Bf 109K4 in my P-38J each time then I upped a Bf 109K4 myself and beat the snot out of Storchita (ironically, it took me less time to kill him in a K4 than it did in a P-38J) in it.  To me that was a better schooling than if I had continued doing it in a P-38J.

ack-ack
I'm not disagreeing. My point is to beat them in a lesser plane is still a good lesson.

See Rule #4

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »
Question ded.

I agree, I just dont think a zero or a Brewster is a lesser plane when it comes to turning.  On the other hand, if you come in in a LA7 vs a zero or Brew and you e fight them it is not fair to them either.  My point was that  out turning a spit16 in a brew is the same as BnZ-ing a brew in a spit16.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »
Whoa Trigger! Where did I call anyone skillless or dumb? Had he used/ or anyone for that matter used E-fighting I would have been very pleased.  It creates more of a challenge. Use your planes strenghts and use your enemies weakness.

"But Cap, its soooooooo much fun watching the Spit16 kids try to turn with it.  Then I prepare for the "Haxxor" PM "
Sorry, I did not realize you meant this as a compliment to their abilities lol.  Really?  Do you get a lot of "Haxxor" PMs every day?  :lol

Yes the Brewster is a great turning aircraft.  But the Spit climbs faster, accelerates better, and carries a better gun package. If anyone extendes with in reason I do not fault them, I did not force him to automatically start a turn fight.  That was the pilots choice.  As was his choice of aircraft.

"I told him to bring his Spit16 and I'd bring my choice."
Sounds like you chose his plane but did not reveal yours until the fight.  Why is that?  He might have lost, but he did the right thing.  He tried to beat you in your game and did not take the easy way out.

Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
My point was that  out turning a spit16 in a brew is the same as BnZ-ing a brew in a spit16.

Too true Dedalos.  A point that I have argued before. Every plane whether high ENY or low ENY has it's strengths and weaknesses. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2010, 09:36:28 AM »

Too true Dedalos.  A point that I have argued before. Every plane whether high ENY or low ENY has it's strengths and weaknesses. :aok

In most, the greatest weakness is the lack of experience of the cartoon peeeelot in said aircraft.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)