Author Topic: Why do you play the game?  (Read 10240 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: Why do you play the game?
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2010, 06:06:11 PM »
I don't ever fly that high so I wouldn't know.

I don't either, but at those altitudes it really is down to the actual power loadings as stall speeds rise to very high levels. I gave it as an extreme example.

But as a general rule at any normal engagement altitude I could care less what the other guy is flying. If i'm at 8k with a sea level hard deck I'm just as happy in a 152 as the la-7. Far as i'm concerned I can beat one with the other with minimal problem or lose to either depending on who's driving the bus. The less alt I have under me the more defensive I am if I happen to have the inferior performance band. Given reasonable alt to work with it becomes a matter of ACM. In the end you can't get close enough to kill me without giving me a chance to kill you as long as I can maneuver unimpeded in 3 dimensions for a reasonable period of time.

None of this has anything to do with stuff that Deltadog here is throwing at me. You like to talk a lot about honor. Well, here you are "defending" a guy who's basically flat out lying about almost everything. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2010, 06:06:57 PM »
There were no fights with any other planes...the guy is simply lying. :)

You are correct, we didn't fight again that day, the films I have are from fights that took place at another time when you were equally well pwned.

As for posting them right now, I will admit that I do find it hard to resist your teary eyed request. Particularly since I feed on your tears, but you are just going to have to stamp your little feet until they fall off, because the two films I posted make the point very well. I'll use the other films as and when I chose to and not just because your cheeks are all rosy red with crying.

Now suck it up... Learn to take what you obviously enjoy giving out.

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
You are correct, we didn't fight again that day, the films I have are from fights that took place at another time when you were equally well pwned.

As for posting them right now, I will admit that I do find it hard to resist your teary eyed request. Particularly since I feed on your tears, but you are just going to have to stamp your little feet until they fall off, because the two films I posted make the point very well. I'll use the other films as and when I chose to and not just because your cheeks are all rosy red with crying.

Gunzo

Hehe weak play Gunzo. You got called out on a lie and couldnt back it up. Nice going.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

Hehe, your behavior speaks for itself. :)

You said:

but we did other aircraft and I won them all, have film if required :)

I know for a fact that you haven't dueled me in any other occasion, at least not under the name of Deltadog. So you got caught with a lie here and now you are trying your best to get out of it. You said you have a film if required. Wouldn't it be easy to prove me wrong by just posting the film? The problem is that we haven't dueled before and therefore you don't have a film about a duel that simply didn't take place. :)

Again, since you are so much better than me I'm sure it will be easy as pie for you to shoot my Hurricane IIc down with a Brewster using 6k hard deck. Wouldn't it be great having more films of you shooting me down? :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:21:12 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
Hehe weak play Gunzo. You got called out on a lie and couldnt back it up. Nice going.

You misread it again. Nothing I've said indicates I can't back it up, because I can and I will, just as soon as I'm good and ready.  :rock

After all, don't you think he's done enough crying for one day? :rofl

Gunzo

1. Gunzo was world-class
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2010, 06:50:34 PM »
I play for the same reason as any other: its fun, and I like flying.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »
I know for a fact that you haven't dueled me in any other occasion, at least not under the name of Deltadog.

And there you have it, I never liked that callsign much anyway. I said I have pwned you in other aircraft and I have. I didn't say it was as Deltadog  :rofl

The simple fact is that in the arena you fly like a timid little teary eyed baby, you won't even fight with an advantage unless you have some backup as well, and that's exactly what happened on that day. And exactly what happened with the OP in the film he posted.

You went to the DA with me knowing that I intended to prove you couldn't win without your wingmen or your wussy tactics and that's exactly what those films proved. :rock

You were so desperate to win you even stooped to HOing, the films prove that too. :rock

Your aircraft was far superior, turning inside mine with ease, the second film proves that too, but you were still pwned. :rock

You started crying about it the moment the fights ended, and you are still crying about it now. Don't you know... I feed on your tears! :rofl

Now dry those eyes, before you spoil your key board as well.

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
And there you have it, I never liked that callsign much anyway. I said I have pwned you in other aircraft and I have. I didn't say it was as Deltadog  :rofl

The simple fact is that in the arena you fly like a timid little teary eyed baby, you won't even fight with an advantage unless you have some backup as well, and that's exactly what happened on that day. And exactly what happened with the OP in the film he posted.

You went to the DA with me knowing that I intended to prove you couldn't win without your wingmen or your wussy tactics and that's exactly what those films proved. :rock

You were so desperate to win you even stooped to HOing, the films prove that too. :rock

Your aircraft was far superior, turning inside mine with ease, the second film proves that too, but you were still pwned. :rock

You started crying about it the moment the fights ended, and you are still crying about it now. Don't you know... I feed on your tears! :rofl

Now dry those eyes, before you spoil your key board as well.

Gunzo

Anyone who takes the time to watch the film can see that you had no trouble to maintain superior E state AND turn inside the brewster during the whole fight.

You were basically turning flat the whole time and you were gaining angles on wmaker untill he ran out of E and had to break into a dive.

On second fight your oil pressure was down to zero and temps at max when you finally managed to outturn him in a flat turn (yes, flat turn i.e. no skill involved) to end the fight with the hizookas. Had to cut the film fast after that not to show your engine cutting off and you go down. :) 1 ping is all it takes to end a fight in hurri2c. You got blasted to smitherines before your lucky shot lol.

Youre full of shinola mister.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:17:06 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
None of this has anything to do with stuff that Deltadog here is throwing at me. You like to talk a lot about honor. Well, here you are "defending" a guy who's basically flat out lying about almost everything. 

I was simply making 2 points:

1) The 239 is far superior to the hurricane (IMO)

2) That available altitude is more important then performance IMO. Once the fight is so low that either plane is trapped by its performance envelope options diminish for the inferior plane. So while you seem to feel that the hurricane is superior at a certain altitude I'd rather engage the hurricane higher then on the deck since I prefer to be able to work a fight up or down as required.

So I was stating an opinion based on both of your comments but I don't recall either "defending" him or attacking you with regard to the fights between you.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
None of this has anything to do with stuff that Deltadog here is throwing at me. You like to talk a lot about honor. Well, here you are "defending" a guy who's basically flat out lying about almost everything. 

I was simply making 2 points:

1) The 239 is far superior to the hurricane (IMO)

2) That available altitude is more important then performance IMO. Once the fight is so low that either plane is trapped by its performance envelope options diminish for the inferior plane. So while you seem to feel that the hurricane is superior at a certain altitude I'd rather engage the hurricane higher then on the deck since I prefer to be able to work a fight up or down as required.

So I was stating an opinion based on both of your comments but I don't recall either "defending" him or attacking you with regard to the fights between you.

1) Not at high altitude

2) The fight happened at DA with ground floor at 6k. Is that really so hard to grasp? A blind man can see the hurricane outclimbing and turning the brewster in the spiral climb after several flat turns.

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2010, 07:31:23 PM »
On second fight your oil pressure was down to zero and temps at max when you finally managed to outturn him in a flat turn (yes, flat turn i.e. no skill involved).

So you are saying that pwning your buddy takes no skill... Ohh ok :rofl
You left out the part about him doing the very lame energy climb to the moon dance, then HOing on the way down in desperation... and that was at the start of the fight  :rofl

On second fight your oil pressure was down to zero and temps at max when you finally managed to outturn him

Yeah, he did all that HOing, turned inside me with ease and had several shots, and I still turned it into a sweet victory :rock

But guess what, I set it up that way because I knew he was going to cry about it, I didn't want the win as much as I wanted the tears... I feed on his tears :rofl

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
What part of the 239 should beat the hurricane like a drum at any altitude did you not understand. At 10k starting alt I'll fight anything in an SDB 1 on 1 with no issue at all and not hide behind the plane if I get spanked. So for me the 239 (which I consider along with the FM2) to be about the best dog fighting platforms in the game is all gravy vs all comers...all I want is not to be trapped against terra firma...I want 5-6k of air and i'm good...10k even better.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2010, 07:48:14 PM »
What part of the 239 should beat the hurricane like a drum at any altitude did you not understand. At 10k starting alt I'll fight anything in an SDB 1 on 1 with no issue at all and not hide behind the plane if I get spanked. So for me the 239 (which I consider along with the FM2) to be about the best dog fighting platforms in the game is all gravy vs all comers...all I want is not to be trapped against terra firma...I want 5-6k of air and i'm good...10k even better.

If you read my posts with thought after the Deltadog's first post, you should easily notice that I'm not hiding behind a plane or anything else either as you seem to imply here.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
I'd rather fly right and "lose" then be a putz and "win".

Yep, they just don't get it. Look at the facts...

1) He ran away from an SBD.
2) He decided to fight once he had 3 other Brewsters to back him up.
3) He then acted like a "putz" about it by claiming he set you up to cry.
4) He tried the same lame girlyboy tactics with me.
5) He got spanked in the DA for his trouble.
6) He's been crying like a baby ever since.
7) I'm going to pwn him a lot more in Virrat.

I think that just about sums it up.

Gunzo
1. Gunzo was world-class

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2010, 08:05:16 PM »
!!!YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9