Author Topic: DA Arena Message  (Read 1540 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: DA Arena Message
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
There's probably not an enforceable method 'on the spot', but sending the film in I'm certain will propagate a swift and stern punishment for the griefer deterring him from any similar actions.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »
Without hijacking this thread even more,

I do not have that option for vox or country channel sir.  As far as 200.... haven't been on there in years. (edit: last week was the first time in years, and I've learned it hasn't changed..so it's detuned again)

And, like I said, it doesn't bother me personally. I'm bothered by the numbers of "squeekers" that see very questionable behavior of a vulgar and sexual nature, every minute on either channel.  Adults and children should very well be separated in this game.
Sorry I read that wrong.  Yeah, I was a loudmouth for years, but twit, coward, or dweeb was as far as I went...even loudmouths can have a line in the sand.    :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 12:05:45 AM »
There's probably not an enforceable method 'on the spot', but sending the film in I'm certain will propagate a swift and stern punishment for the griefer deterring him from any similar actions.
Sorry Grizz I disagree with you here . It can work here as it did in AW . Usually the threat was enough . The knowledge that a Game op. was there was usually enough to make people modify their behavior . There was a guy that had somehow gotten ahold of a bunch of discs with 10 free hours on them . He would frag I believe was the term used , other friendly players . The only time he showed up was late at night when he was sure no op was present to boot him . Bruv I agree with you trusted players given this ability is the best answer . TC would be a perfect example of someone worthy of such trust .

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 12:42:32 AM »
AH could really use more moderators and a lot of this discussion would be a moot point.

I'm sure it has to be the worst job to volunteer for in AH, even if you do everything right, someone will still call HTC and complain about you.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 01:26:51 AM »
AH could really use more moderators and a lot of this discussion would be a moot point.

I'm sure it has to be the worst job to volunteer for in AH, even if you do everything right, someone will still call HTC and complain about you.

Isnt that why the mods now are secret? :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline hlbly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 06:05:56 AM »

I don't know del . With all the communication logged if you complained about someone doing their job you would have to feel like an idiot . If the mod was out of line then they didn't do everything right . I personally wouldn't be good at it . I just want to be one of the boys . The only thing I have ever called people on is language on range . My son is often in hearing range , some peoples rants just aren't G rated . Most guys usually stop and say sorry . The only thing people have done I have asked them to stop and was ignored is grief in the DA . In the past it wasn't against any rules , just against common decency . Junky , I don
t know if secret mods is the best . If you want to write alot of tickets you use unmarked cars . If you want to slow people down you use a black and white . Not my place to decide , but still my opinion . I would like to hear the reasoning for the secret mods , out of curiosity .

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 07:54:44 AM »
All of the players that volunteer to help in AcesHigh do so out of the goodness of their hearts.

Trainers, CMs, AvA Staff, and Mods.

There is no "pay" for these players and many times it is a thankless task done solely for the love of the game and our community.  It can be rewarding at times.  I know I have many fond memories of my time as the Lead CM for SnapShots and King of the Hill.  Conversely I ALSO have many memories of untold hours of frustration.  I know I was burned out at the end and probably should have retired @ 3-6 months before I actually parted ways w/ the Special Events team.

If HTC actually paid someone to be a Moderator then I could see them being public figures with Mod type names that are apparent to all and would be quite visible.

The reality is the Moderators are just players trying their best to help and the LAST thing these players need is the grief they would get if their identities were known.

I personally wish there was a more visible way that disruptive players were censured.  I would  love a "Hall of Shame" type thing or to have Warnings, Mutes, or Ejections be visible to all as an Arena Message.

Granted I am somewhat petty and how HTC handles it is more of a "higher ground" type approach.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
IMHO, the most shocking thing about all of this is that someone actually has the nerve and desire to interrupt a 1 v 1 on a private field.  In Freudian terms...momma didnt play with them enough when they were kids and they need attention...a Hall of Shame may give them that very recognition.   I feel badly for them...but Im sure the game is a microcasm of society and there are plenty of testicularly challenged people out there who want someone to pay attention to them for deeds done, honerable or not.  If this is the case, the only real way to deal with them is the BOOT.  Eventually they won't come back OR their behavior will change if for no other reason than they ran out of cool CPID's.

V/r

Changeup
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:52:20 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba