Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11206 times)

Offline FBGrave

• Zinc Member
for the new players
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
I've been the 'victim' too many times of new guys diving in front of me to engage a target I'm already shooting at. The last time he managed to shoot down the enemy while I shot down myself because he rudely parked his plane in front of mine.  This effect is called killshooter. If you fire at your own team, you take damage.
New guys please show some courtesy. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Don't just dive in front and 'steal' the kill.

Don't go where the road don't go

Offline CountD90

• Nickel Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
Try flying a K4 and have this happen, I seem to have a 100% accuracy on friendlies with the tater. Never any fun :(
GameID:Count
The Misfit Toys
Quote from: Wreked
If you are feeling a little useless, offended, or depressed, just remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious little sperm out of millions.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:49 PM »
For the new players...

If you can kill the guy I'm on faster than me go ahead.

I'll salute you and carry on the mission.

You'll save us time, fuel and ammo!

Keep up the good work!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
lol :x
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »
lol :x

If I'm in a good fight and someone comes blazing in, I'm not beyond backing off and wait till the interloper is dead to re-engage the con.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
For the new players...

Keep up the good work!
Blah, you support something that is very rude.  Why on earth would you support someone coming in without the courtesy of asking, and putting their own friendly in jeapordy of death?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:33:04 PM »
This move has been going on since day one. 

On a related note: I have seen guncamera footage from a P47 firing into a 109 when you clearly see another P47 fly in between the shooter and the target.  Have also seen F6F fly through the tracers of friendly F6Fs to get a shot at a Japanese plane (or perhaps try to get out of the way...there was no audio recorded back in those days.  Would love to have heard the radio calls on that one).

The one thing about this topic that has caught my attention in the past is when some dolt comes in and pecks away at my kill then calls me a kill stealer when I ultimately get credit I deserve for damage already inflicted.  No big deal - just interesting.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:07:11 PM »
For the new players...

Keep up the good work!

Newbs dont listen to this dweebery. Pure silliness.

I don't need my 12:00 cleared>>>> plain and simple... Its rude .   And a few more things will were on the subject.

If you cant communicate on vox or 200 or country and your getting your butt kicked ina a 1v1 I'm not going to presume U need help. If you ask I will bounce the con and let u reengage..

If I'm 1v1  DONT EVEN ASK> I would rather learn something and finish the fight .Live or die.
If i get killed THEN its your turn.

I have been very nice about names i dont recognize doing it... If i see your name more than twice you are going to get an ear full from me.

<S>
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 02:23:45 PM »
Unfortunately it is not limited to new pilots... :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 03:03:37 PM »
Blah, you support something that is very rude.  Why on earth would you support someone coming in without the courtesy of asking, and putting their own friendly in jeapordy of death?

Depends on the situation though Rock.

If I'm in a furball, and someone kills the guy I'm on, I can look passed that. However if I'm in a good fight like Shuf mentioned, then that's when it is completely rude and wrong.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 03:45:45 PM »
Kill the con, that is fine.  It is your best chance for a kill anyway.  But, do you have to put your plane in front of my guns?  There are like infinite angles to shoot that plane from.   :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
For the new players...

Keep up the good work!

Tactically speaking, you are more useful if you maintain your E and alertness in preparation to engage new incoming bandits than swooping in on a bandit whose demise is imminent. Also, you are less of a  jerk.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
Lolz, I can't remember the last time I have been kill shot.  The best solution to all things pertaining to Dweebery in this game is assume all your enemies will HO you, all allies will clear your 12, and making the appropriate adjustments.  The counter to greedy allies is either flying where you have no allies or pwning hard before they have a chance to shoot 'your' target.   :devil

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 03:58:44 PM »

You say rude. I say teamwork.

It all depends on you're perspective. I'm not so full of myself to think it's "kill stealing". If you can kill the guy faster than me, go for it! There's plenty of reds to go around for everybody.

It's going to happen so why not just accept it as a positive thing?

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 04:00:01 PM »
pwning hard before they have a chance to shoot

some guys need medication to have this happen. some poor fellas just shoot right away...... :(
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW