Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11194 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: for the new players
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:57 PM »
I've been the 'victim' too many times of new guys diving in front of me to engage a target I'm already shooting at. The last time he managed to shoot down the enemy while I shot down myself because he rudely parked his plane in front of mine.  This effect is called killshooter. If you fire at your own team, you take damage.
New guys please show some courtesy. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Don't just dive in front and 'steal' the kill.

FBGrave, is an ok post, you did not flame anyone or single anyone out....... yet you tryed to explain how "WRONG FORM of GamePlay" it is for people to jump in and basically Block you from finishing your fight ( other words steal your kill after you worked the guy over for how ever long to gain a killing solution )

For the new players...

If you can kill the guy I'm on faster than me go ahead.

I'll salute you and carry on the mission.

You'll save us time, fuel and ammo!

Keep up the good work!

just out of curiosity, Blooz..what if you was in a hard drawn out fight 2 vs YOU, and you manage to turn the tide kill off one and worked 2 or 3 minutes finally lining up on that 2nd Bogey just to have some one who "can kill the guy faster than you"  you would tell him to keep up the good work?  with him taking away the pleasure you just about fulfilled of beating a 2 vs 1 disadvantage and was fixing to finish off the last one?

that just don;t sound like Good Etiquette on neither the guy jumping in for the easy pickings, or from you for telling him GOOD JOB.... that looks and smells of BAD Etiquette / Bad Gamemanship on both accounts if that is what you would tell him/her.........

reading this, I can not help but think you might be having a bad day Blooz, it just don;t sound liek you..and you are one of those who is frequently in the TA helping the new guys.heck for the last 4 or 5 years yo been doing that....

Well, I guess I'm just open minded enough to think that when this happens it's not something done on purpose. It's an accident caused by the shooter either not seeing the friendly or the friendly being so far behind his "kill" that the shooter has room to slide in.

sometimes it is by accident, I agree with that........ but lets look back at 2000 thru 2004 ( well  2000 to 2003 ) you VERY VERY VERY Seldom had this issue arise... when it did arise, we told the new guys what they was doing was not good gameplay, we explained to them "Hey, why give up alt, when it is clear I am about to kill the guy, or what the outcome could be by diving infront of your countryman without letting him now you was passing him by on what every side ........ teach them, explain both outcomes........ it makes the game better for everyone....

I just can't see you guys trying to impose another silly etiquette for something that not only happens infrequently but when it does happen, it's probably an accident.

I am finding it hard to believe you typed this sentence Blooz......... "silly etiquette"  ..........  The older/longer time being here players, must teach the newer players, if they don't then this is gonna end up just like COD2MW or WOW or whatever......... hell... it is headed that way now in the LW arenas and has been for past 2 or 3 years...... you call this silly etiquette..... but the problem is 95% of the community playing is not teaching the new guys a damn thing.......

What's lame is somebody killshoots themselves and then runs here to complain about it.

it may have been a partial complaint, but he did it with good behavior and did not name names or flame anyone personally.....and had a flair of a bit of advice in there to boot.....

It happens. Get over it.

Wrong mentality......and sounds like something I would say, when I was near one of my burnout stages.....

we must show the newer players that although it happens....it is almost 100% avoidable on both accounts  is avoidable for the guy diving in to take a kill away, is avoidable for the Guy who kill shoots himself, ....... teach your countrymen/teammates to use proper voice comms ( Communications ) if you are below someone yet faster and closing on the same plane, tell the other teammate where you are..... or ask him if he even needs help before going Full Bore blasting past him to get the bogey he just wore down to no + energy state.....

I can not believe some of the ill advised replys I have read in this thread... seriously......

in all fairness,  I have never seen you post stuff like this Blooz........  just don't seem like it is you nature...... who has stolen Blooz's account...... dammit  :furious

:salute   everyone
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Wow. You guys are something.

Know what? It happens. It's going to happen and it's always going to happen and nothing you're going to say or do is going to keep it from happening but you really think you can keep it from happening.

Unbelievable.

It's so interesting to read this stuff.

Where do you guys come up with this insane way of thinking? All I did was state that if anyone cut in front of me and killed the target I was on I wouldn't lose my mind about something so trivial. Even if I killshot myself, I still wouldn't cry about it.

Wow, just, wow.
I think you're reading this all wrong and definitely overreacting

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »
Know what? It happens. It's going to happen and it's always going to happen and nothing you're going to say or do is going to keep it from happening but you really think you can keep it from happening.

About a year ago now, some guy said something very similar to that. Know what happend? He got booted from the TA. I never saw him again.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 09:45:57 PM »

in all fairness,  I have never seen you post stuff like this Blooz........  just don't seem like it is you nature...... who has stolen Blooz's account...... dammit  :furious

We all have bad days TC.  You are correct.

EDIT:  I blame TexasMom

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:56:00 PM by Stampf »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 10:14:11 PM »
Wow. You guys are something.

Unbelievable.

It's so interesting to read this stuff.

Where do you guys come up with this insane way of thinking? All I did was state that if anyone cut in front of me and killed the target I was on I wouldn't lose my mind about something so trivial. Even if I killshot myself, I still wouldn't cry about it.

Wow, just, wow.

It's good to air these things as some are capable of learning.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:53 PM »
I play both way I guess i like to duel and play with etiquette and sometimes i like to do the  lame stuff like pick, bnz,  jump in on a con, fly in the horde, do massive noes, do massive missions. To me its all part of the game and while having the lame stuff happen to you can be frustrating it doesn't really bother me to much. I really don't understand why you cant fly both ways with etiquette and without both are fun to me.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 11:56:52 PM »
Your missing a much broader message. That the overall quality of the "game play" is much more important then "the kill" and in fact that sometimes the fight by itself is enough and the kill isn't important...or doesn't even happen.

Here's a film from a few weeks ago representing a different point of view...
http://www.az-dsl.com/snaphook/film58.ahf 
F-4U driver needs to adjust head position and hit F10 to save when he looks up, up&back, left&back, Rt&back to get cockpit parts clear of his view.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
I play both way I guess i like to duel and play with etiquette and sometimes i like to do the  lame stuff like pick, bnz,  jump in on a con, fly in the horde, do massive noes, do massive missions. To me its all part of the game and while having the lame stuff happen to you can be frustrating it doesn't really bother me to much. I really don't understand why you cant fly both ways with etiquette and without both are fun to me.
Yup, that's when you settle down a bit & really start enjoying the game without all the "He Ho'd me that SOB!" type thinking I believe the phrase is, "It's all good Bro!"  :joystick: lets have fun.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
I'm going to take a guess that the different perspectives here are partially due to fighting style.  I am one (and I know many others who replied are too) who will fly toward the high altitude threat while everyone else is trying to make themselves scarce or hide under a rock.  As soon as you turn the tables on the bogie the same guys who scattered like roaches when a light is flipped on, are suddenly swarming your fight.  Not unexpected, but rude non the less.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 01:34:48 AM »
As mentioned before, its not something we will ever be able to change unless killshooter goes bye bye. I almost rather have the old AW setup. Kill one friendly ok, kill another your grounded for x amount of time. Its bad form however you cut it.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 01:44:04 AM »
All I got to say about this topic, Whats so hard about asking if they need help?

:headscratch:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 01:54:22 AM »
All I got to say about this topic, Whats so hard about asking if they need help?

:headscratch:

In a vacuum this seems like a no brainer, 1v1 fight in the middle of nowhere at an off peak hour.  But when a sector becomes populated at a busy time, 1v1s mesh with furballing chaos, yet some players still think a con is 'theirs' even though another ally might have been fighting him at the same time, or came out of a turn and there's a red guy in front of him so he fires.  Aside from a very blatant 1v1 situation with no one else in sight, or a situation where an ally has a guy absolutely saddled, 200yds, right on his butt, I don't see the issue with shooting who you can kill.  Worrying about etiquette in a multi plane engagement is pretty foolish imo.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 02:09:32 AM »
LoL :x
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 06:51:14 AM »
Nah, PK... I respectfully disagree... never, and I mean never, should a friendlie be looking to clear your 12!  Now, that is not to say I don't understand there are times when 2 or 3 or...hell, 8 friendlies all see the same con at the same time, and you just got there a little before they did... I mean if you are on the guys six and it is plain to everyone.  :aok

btw...    :salute 

:D
Mark

Now this would be a nice change of pace.
Then I would only have to worry about the one plane behind me instead of the five all trying to clear each others 12:00 LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 06:58:10 AM »
That the overall quality of the "game play" is much more important then "the kill" and in fact that sometimes the fight by itself is enough and the kill isn't important...or doesn't even happen.

Well, I actually agree on that one. Since I came back to AH I suffer from 'assistitis' - and you know what - it does not bother me. Had some very nice 1 vs. 1 in the last few days, high alt dancing and canyon fighting. Flying 190s mainly I usually have to work long and hard in duels since I cannot afford to go into T&B mode and stick myself to the target 6. More than once a fellow countryman jumped in to 'save' me but usually I don't mind since I had a good time grinding away the baddies E for the last 10min.

Killshooter is much better than what would happen without it!
Real men fly Radial!