Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11274 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 08:21:36 AM »
You know something.... I saluted you at the end of my post, now I most certainly take that back, as I don't salute bendoverbob's!  I saw absolutely no crying from any of us that attempted to insert a backbone in your spineless carcass.  Hell, if you don't have the oompa's to even stand up for yourself, how would you ever be any help to your team????

:rolleyes:

carry on.

Ahhhh, welcome back.

I was getting worried  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Blah, you support something that is very rude.  Why on earth would you support someone coming in without the courtesy of asking, and putting their own friendly in jeapordy of death?

Absolutely positively right on the mark (no pun intended Mark).    :rock
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2010, 10:19:17 AM »
with anything in life, we are judged by how we act or how we perform and/or present ourselves infront of others ( or infront of a computer screen in a game ), or around others...

having good ethics, good sportmanship, good gamemanship, good etiquette is something someone should not ever have to worry about..... hell it should be 2nd nature! kind of like a 6th sense......

no, you should not worry about in a multiple bandit dogfight or furball........ but you should make it part of your lessons in playing the game.......

with that said........  and this goes hand in hand with those "TOP STICKS OF THE DAY OR TODAY Threads" some do not deserve to have their names listed "EVER" and never will deserve to have their names listed...........all based on how they have presented themselves to the rest of everyone else in the game of killing cartoon planes, how they never help, and how they think they are better than everyone else and how they never have a good thought  or post complimenting someone else..

as for bashing Blooz,  I do not wing with him, I do not play the game with him, but I have observed him for nearly 6 or 7 years..... Blooz had an off or bad day.....it is my view or opinion that's what it was....

he later posted something simply explaining how he might act in that situation....... he finished it with WOW..... but he does not deserved to be berated by everyone ( edit: not speaking everyone literally. just some of the posters ), for he has put more time in helping the rest of the community, more so than some of you have been flying this game as a whole... even those who have been here 4 or 5 years just playing it.......

let up on the guy......... he had a bad day.......... have you not ever had a bad day?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:32:30 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
Ahhhh, welcome back.

I was getting worried  :rofl
cover blown!   :bolt:

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »
On a more positive note, the best way to stop friendlies jumping in your 1v1s is to not jump into theirs, and say so.  I always say "I'm staying out" on range  - if they need help they can ask me.    

Amazing how well it works. Since I started doing that - announcing that I'm staying out -  I get the the same treatment in return a good amount of the time.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 12:56:49 PM »
Don't forget that this is an imperfect environment. I have dove in on someone's six, got the kill, got chewed out & never saw, or heard, the other lower & slower friendly on his six. He probably saw me & didn't call "Mine-Weazle".  It wasn't quite a fur ball, but very busy & I didn't have time to check 360 X 360 deg to make sure he was "Mine". Like in high school ball, calling "Mine" might help a lot. Of course you's have to give a bit more info. :rock
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
F-4U driver needs to adjust head position and hit F10 to save when he looks up, up&back, left&back, Rt&back to get cockpit parts clear of his view.

the film viewer only shows default views...

What is even worse is when they do this while THEY are dragging bad guys with them...they just drag the bandits right to my six, steal the kill, and I get jumped by the bad guys the newb was dragging.

now this is really annoying :furious
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
The OP killshot himself when someone got between him and the target. It happens. It's happened to me and it's happened to you. If it hasn't happened to you, it probably will somewhere in your career.

Has all the threads on Head On shooting stopped HO's? - No
Has all the threads on picking stopped picks? - No
Has all the threads on vulching stopped vulchers? - No
Has all the threads on Alt monkeys stopped pilots from flying at 30k? - No

You get the idea.

So what makes you think a thread about someone killshooting themselves is going to stop killshooting?

It's not.

When it happens to you and it will, turn the other cheek. Up a new plane. Next time resolve to not get target fixated and have a little more SA when you pull the trigger. It happens. It's going to happen. Yes, it sux but accept the truth. None of us are immune and won't be (as long as killshooter is on,of course).
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
There is always new blood coming into the game that has never seen any post regarding this type of shenanigan.

As for others still doing these type things... some are not capable of learning a better way and some just don't care.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
There is always new blood coming into the game that has never seen any post regarding this type of shenanigan.

as Blooz posted, posting of the threads will not stop everyone from doing whatever.......but it is good for new comers to see them from time to time to possibly learn something valuable about what other perceive to be good or bad.......

also
Will all the threads on Head On shooting ever stop? - No
Will all the threads on picking ever stop? - No
Will all the threads on vulching ever stop? - No
Will all the threads on Alt monkeys ever stop? - No

will everyone who posted in this thread or other threads relating to the above threads in question stop them from posting their opinion/reply about the subject in question? nope.....

and with this newer players can learn from it  :aok

As for others still doing these type things... some are not capable of learning a better way and some just don't care.

totally agree....... just got to have hope.......... only if you can reach that one player....... it makes it a better place +1   ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 0tto

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
About 75% of the time I fly the Hurri 2c (Haven't been around that long) which is to say I fly the slooow plane. When I get out of the furball and on a another planes 6, I will give chase for about a minute in hopes the other guy will flip back and reengage. A vast majority of the time, a friendly will scream past me and go for the kill, I don't mind at all. I say Go for it and head back looking for someone else that is most likely going to put me in the tower.

That being said I dont like someone jumping in on a 1v1. Simply because if i get into one and survive for more than 30 seconds, I am very happy.
 :salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
As mentioned before, its not something we will ever be able to change unless killshooter goes bye bye. I almost rather have the old AW setup. Kill one friendly ok, kill another your grounded for x amount of time. Its bad form however you cut it.

I don't think getting rid of killshooter will solve the problem, but bringing these things out in the open MAY teach new guys reading the boards what is considered good game play and whats not.

Heck if SkyRock can learn that clearing a guys 12 is lame, ANYBODY can !   :devil

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »

Heck if SkyRock can learn that clearing a guys 12 is lame, ANYBODY can !   :devil
I fully support this message!  :devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 09:01:56 AM »
There is one instance where I think it's acceptable to clear a friendly's 12 and that's when he's being outrun by a runner.  Since I usually fly with some alt I've cleared several of these.  As I approach I always tell the friendly "id... coming through".  A little common courtesy/communication helps.

Other than that I hate tracers coming over my wings (like they have a better shot than me?) or the guy who appears in front of me with no notice.  I've had to stop firing on many occasions and have been kill shot that way on others.  I mean really, if I'm already firing you need to jump in front of me?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »
The OP killshot himself when someone got between him and the target. It happens. It's happened to me and it's happened to you. If it hasn't happened to you, it probably will somewhere in your career.

Has all the threads on Head On shooting stopped HO's? - No
Has all the threads on picking stopped picks? - No
Has all the threads on vulching stopped vulchers? - No
Has all the threads on Alt monkeys stopped pilots from flying at 30k? - No

You get the idea.

So what makes you think a thread about someone killshooting themselves is going to stop killshooting?

It's not.

When it happens to you and it will, turn the other cheek. Up a new plane. Next time resolve to not get target fixated and have a little more SA when you pull the trigger. It happens. It's going to happen. Yes, it sux but accept the truth. None of us are immune and won't be (as long as killshooter is on,of course).

Good post and TC's as well.  

Edit:   As for the OP.   If I see someone (IDGAF how good they are) fighting, I'll still ask and say "Just holler".    9 times out of 10, it's "GTF in here and help".   

If someone fires over my shoulder 9 times out of 10, they're getting towered, because I will deliberately bank into their bullets.   If someone "cut me off", I'd simply shake my head and bank away.   They get added to a long "no help list".   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:11:56 AM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC