Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11280 times)

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
JOKER pulled this move on me a couple time before. So its not just the noobs that do it. It's also the people that 'think' their king of the game.
Its one of the reasons i rarely fly a fighter anymore.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »
JOKER pulled this move on me a couple time before. So its not just the noobs that do it. It's also the people that 'think' their king of the game.
Its one of the reasons i rarely fly a fighter anymore.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »
"...but then who am I eh!!"

Good question. Sad commentary.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2010, 10:26:55 PM »
:rofl     :neener:

Do you have proof?  NO! My Eyes, My eyes!    :bolt:

seriously, I don't see this situation often. Most of the fights are near hair balls and you're glad someone shot the bandit. When you're protecting your base and there 5 guys on the same single con and no one's B-tching what's the problem? Sorry, I guess if I was getting ready to get crowned "King Fighter Jock" I might get bent about someone stealing my 5,000th expert kill. As it is I'm usually glad for the help. I just don't get it why there so much whining. If someone makes you mad talk to them alone 1:1, If they don't listen, or smart arse you, stay away & don't check 6 them, don't clear their 6, don't talk to them. Easy...no stress, no getting all worked up.   :rock
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:36:28 PM by W7LPNRICK »
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2010, 07:12:04 AM »
People given a chance,will annoy people.This whole game is about shooting people,and the maker of this game wants people pissed off at each other.New guys,old guys,they will all steal kills,fly in front of your plane,and just make a nuisance of themselves.Heck a while back,I had a guy yell at me for checking his 6!Picking is another subject that needs addressed.Pick a noob and they generally don't gripe much.Pick an expertern and hell hath no fury to match their wrath.Attacking bombers,always let the new guy soak up the lead,and finish the buff when the noob goes down.There is an extremely long list of annoyances,but its all part of the game.
ID

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
People given a chance,will annoy people.This whole game is about shooting people,and the maker of this game wants people pissed off at each other.New guys,old guys,they will all steal kills,fly in front of your plane,and just make a nuisance of themselves.Heck a while back,I had a guy yell at me for checking his 6!Picking is another subject that needs addressed.Pick a noob and they generally don't gripe much.Pick an expertern and hell hath no fury to match their wrath.Attacking bombers,always let the new guy soak up the lead,and finish the buff when the noob goes down.There is an extremely long list of annoyances,but its all part of the game.
ID

I get annoyed if someone shoots my blender.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
People given a chance,will annoy people.

As an absolute statement, I disagree with this, personally.

I can not speak for *everyone* but I, in addition to many others, do not actively seek, or take advantage of, opportunities to "annoy" other players in the game.

While AH is competition-based, that spirit of competition need not manifest itself in such a juvenile fashion.

Generally, I find that those who act in accordance with your statement are lacking balance in some other area.

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2010, 08:18:20 PM »
As an absolute statement, I disagree with this, personally.

I can not speak for *everyone* but I, in addition to many others, do not actively seek, or take advantage of, opportunities to "annoy" other players in the game.

While AH is competition-based, that spirit of competition need not manifest itself in such a juvenile fashion.

Generally, I find that those who act in accordance with your statement are lacking balance in some other area.

I agree, I'm not here to piss anyone off. I'm here to have some fun and get in a few good fights.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
I was told by one of the guys that he only played to piss other people off and the more he pissed someone of the more fun it was for him.
I understand its their $15 a month but really why play for that reason?

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2010, 02:01:58 AM »
They're called "griefers" and they exist for no other purpose than to find ways to irritate people by doing stupid crap in MMP games. Same crap goes on in WOW, same crap went on in Ultima Online, just a bunch of tards that were picked on as children who find their balls in the anonymity of the online setting. None of these turds would ever do 90% of the crap they do if you were sitting in the same room with them. A close cousin is the "Internet Toughguy".

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2010, 02:15:44 AM »
:aok :aok :aok
Truer words never spoken - I too am at a complete loss as to where these people come up with all these rules for a simulatoin of something that had NO rules - War!! It goes on and on and on......mainly from what I've dubbed the Circle Fight Mafia ( in the squad it's known as the Turntard Bullies) who seem to be trying to force everyone to fly their particular style of play.

Their incessant demands to "fly right" (and "right" is how "they" say it is) gets old very fast and in my view is uncalled for - abusive and disrespectful of other peoples rights. Their line of discussion smacks of "1984" imhv. I'd hazard a guess by their tone/comments in the numerous similar threads that they all voted democrat/left. :rofl

As far as I'm concerned (and I suspect many people who remain silent) ... everyone has the right to play this game as they see fit as long as they are not hacking it.

...but then who am I eh!!

....cheers eh!! :D

My question for you is this - If everyone upped the fastest most powerful plane and flew around Ho'ing every plane they saw , showing no respect for any form of air combat or ACM or other players - would the game be at all worth playing - would it survive ? Would anyone want to play it ? 

The people you are referring to , in most cases , have enjoyed the game for quite some time and don't want to see it deteriorate into some sort of adolescent video game fest. No, they can't "tell" anyone how to play the game , but they could possibly offer some suggestions based on their experience to now.
I come from a land downunder

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2010, 02:23:36 AM »
My question for you is this - If everyone upped the fastest most powerful plane and flew around Ho'ing every plane they saw , showing no respect for any form of air combat or ACM or other players - would the game be at all worth playing - would it survive ? Would anyone want to play it ? 

The people you are referring to , in most cases , have enjoyed the game for quite some time and don't want to see it deteriorate into some sort of adolescent video game fest. No, they can't "tell" anyone how to play the game , but they could possibly offer some suggestions based on their experience to now.
I just spent the afternoon playing warbirds, where wrecked came over from not long ago, it seems they don't give a watermelon there, they we're hoin and watermelon all day. Give these guys some time and it will all sort itself out, because seriously this is the only party in town.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2010, 02:28:28 AM »
FYI Wreked pretty much flies the 190a8 with 100% fuel and a drop tank nearly every sortie ...

so once again assumptions and bias towards people who are saying what Wrecked is trying to tell people is skewing some peoples interpretation of his message.

IMO

part of being a good pilot is not allowing people to kill you so if you are angry about being HOd by a clearly inferior player who knows nothing about ACM or whatever, i suggest you remember that you gave up the shot.

if you had not given up the shot, you would not be complaining about HO's  

THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2010, 02:32:41 AM »
i doubt that an afternoon in AH would show it in it's best light either ...

what are you doing monday evening eastern?

or sunday night if you can find a slot for the s3

I just spent the afternoon playing warbirds, where wrecked came over from not long ago, it seems they don't give a watermelon there, they we're hoin and watermelon all day. Give these guys some time and it will all sort itself out, because seriously this is the only party in town.
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.