Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11241 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: for the new players
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »
TOTAL FAIL!!! (with all due respect of course) :)

That which you refer to is REAL life and yes you CAN be killed - actually I make a habit of always double checking when going through a light - some absolute terrible drivers out there -  :eek: - AND I've saved myself twice in the last year from some bozo running a light - go figure.

BUT here's my ponit : As we've been told repeatedly ad nauseum by the CircleFight Mafia....

NONE of this is REAL - it's just a cartoon.
You're not REALLY loosing a kill - NO ONE is being KILLED.
You're not REALLY killing yourself from shooting at 12 clearers. (killshooter) - if you want to be sure then next time stand up and see if you hurt anywhere or have any blood on you.
You're not REALLY crashing into the ground and blowing up - look around your room and see if there is any smoke or wreckage littering the floor.
The cartoon planes are FREE and you can get another cartoon one in an instant.

Now here is the BIGGEST FAIL that I see with some here.

Instead of actually doing something about it  they just whine and bash others over the head about it. FAIL!!

Better to make an attempt to EDUCATE them instead of alienateing them - your choice.

THAT"S what many are referring to when they say "You just don't get it".

I believe you'll find many here with the view " change people minds not bash them over the head" actually agree with you (as I do)  about how annoying this sort of  game play is - but it goes with the concept of it being a air combat flight sim. One of lifes annoyances - suck it up. If you can't live with this and do not want to take them aside to educate them towards your style of flying them maybe the DA is a better place for you all where there seems to be a "set" of rules that make you happy. Once again your choice.

Not saying you in particualar - just saying. No one here is telling you how you have to play - just thowing out some alternatives - it's obvious your actions so far don't seem to work.

Can't hurt to try educating some of them - up to you sirs.

...cheers eh! :D

Non sequitur.

Awful lot of typing, considering.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:16 AM »
TOTAL FAIL!!! (with all due respect of course) :)

That which you refer to is REAL life and yes you CAN be killed - actually I make a habit of always double checking when going through a light - some absolute terrible drivers out there -  :eek: - AND I've saved myself twice in the last year from some bozo running a light - go figure.

BUT here's my ponit : As we've been told repeatedly ad nauseum by the CircleFight Mafia....

NONE of this is REAL - it's just a cartoon.
You're not REALLY loosing a kill - NO ONE is being KILLED.
You're not REALLY killing yourself from shooting at 12 clearers. (killshooter) - if you want to be sure then next time stand up and see if you hurt anywhere or have any blood on you.
You're not REALLY crashing into the ground and blowing up - look around your room and see if there is any smoke or wreckage littering the floor.
The cartoon planes are FREE and you can get another cartoon one in an instant.

Now here is the BIGGEST FAIL that I see with some here.

Instead of actually doing something about it  they just whine and bash others over the head about it. FAIL!!

Better to make an attempt to EDUCATE them instead of alienateing them - your choice.

THAT"S what many are referring to when they say "You just don't get it".

I believe you'll find many here with the view " change people minds not bash them over the head" actually agree with you (as I do)  about how annoying this sort of  game play is - but it goes with the concept of it being a air combat flight sim. One of lifes annoyances - suck it up. If you can't live with this and do not want to take them aside to educate them towards your style of flying them maybe the DA is a better place for you all where there seems to be a "set" of rules that make you happy. Once again your choice.

Not saying you in particualar - just saying. No one here is telling you how you have to play - just thowing out some alternatives - it's obvious your actions so far don't seem to work.

Can't hurt to try educating some of them - up to you sirs.

...cheers eh! :D

A whine has been recorded, eh.  :lol

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2010, 08:47:03 AM »
A whine has been recorded, eh.  :lol

Non sequitur.

Awful lot of typing, considering.

LOL - so you've just proved my point about the CircleFightMafia - all I did was use a lot of their rhetoric and retune it to this issue. - go figure eh! <shrug> :bolt:

....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »

LOL - so you've just proved my point about the CircleFightMafia - all I did was use a lot of their rhetoric and retune it to this issue. - go figure eh! <shrug> :bolt:

Your post made my brain hurt as well.  I started to reread it but had to stop as the immense pain returned.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »

I disagree.

What I think you did was make an attempt to confuse the issue into one you could defend against.  To this end, you typed a rather lengthy and barely coherent account of your position which, after coming full "circle," has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter supposedly being addressed.

Hence, non sequitur.

....cheers eh!

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
It's your trigger. You choose to pull it...or not.

QFT

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: February 04, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
I wonder what they would say if kill shooter was off.  Would it still be my trigger?  Would I still need to get a better SA after the trigger was pulled  :rolleyes: (because you know, I can pull the bullets if I see that a friendly jumped in front after pulling it lol)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: February 04, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
I wonder what they would say if kill shooter was off.  Would it still be my trigger?  Would I still need to get a better SA after the trigger was pulled  :rolleyes: (because you know, I can pull the bullets if I see that a friendly jumped in front after pulling it lol)

I think that is worth trying honetly.  If you have a 'friendly' n00b that is on your 6 and firing away, that effect would be loss of ammo and it directly effects the n00b.  Nothing would happen to you of course except of a good laugh.  I think its worth a try.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #203 on: February 04, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »

I think that is worth trying honetly.  If you have a 'friendly' n00b that is on your 6 and firing away, that effect would be loss of ammo and it directly effects the n00b.  Nothing would happen to you of course except of a good laugh.  I think its worth a try.

If killshooter was off and he shot over your shoulder..... it would kill you if it hit you.

Killshooter is on default to combat grievers killing their own.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: February 04, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
 You two need to start hanging out together  :noid
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »

I never made any reference, I only refered to your whine.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »
Back to the point of this thread RE: For the New players ^

:old: This is a common problem in the world of flight Sims not just AH. :old:

Lets face it, we play this because were adrenaline junkies we like to hunt and kill  :devil. Its a very basic instinct the "ID" so to speak.

Granted were only shooting pixels in a world of vectors.

But the physiological effect on our brains that simulators bring to the serface are real. :x  

Therefore when we see a weak target we go for it by nature.  :airplane:

If we didn't have the need to feed that Killer instinct we wouldn't be here... we would be picking flowers or playing Sim city. :angel:

We can share our food..... Like wolfs, we need to hunt as a pack.

Ever seen how wolfs hunt? One persues the others flank then they all share the food or the base in this case.

The thing I see wrong with kill jummping/shoulder shooting, wile another is in first position (on the guys six) is that it's a poor strategy  :rolleyes:

Who is covering the other at this point?  Nobody. It then turns into a dweeb train....

I'm no great ace, but I know a bit about team tactics...

What I like to  do when I see my TEAM MATE on somebodies six is to go High and be his eyes in the sky.

I try to calm him down and let him know that he is safe and to take his time and relax ...Ill be his eyes so he can kill.
Most guys really appreciate that and it starts to pay forward building a much more cohesive team. As well as on-line comunity.

If I were to jump in on his target, both of our rear ends are hanging in the wind.... no cover.

What usually happen is the guy who was on the bandits six get his butt shot off by a picker and the shoulder shooter lives.

What I Feel Is the best Tactic is the LOOSE DUCE  :airplane: :airplane:

If your on a guys Six and you over shoot then Say out and the guy covering will then call In and you alternate rolls . But to just dive in on another guys hard work is poor team play and a real bad tactic  IMHO.

Use the Com's.. Communicate with your teamates.

That's the best advice I could give for the new guys  for that situation. :aok
~S~ RaVe  :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:13:34 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »
SA includes friendly aircraft that may be in your firing line or whose firing line you may be in, and remember that a pilot can't see what is under the nose or wings of his aircraft ...
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »

If your on a guys Six and you over shoot then Say out and the guy covering will then call In and you alternate rolls . But to just dive in on another guys hard work is poor team play and a real bad tactic  IMHO.
~S~ RaVe  :bolt:

"IN" - hehehe - haven't seen that with any regularity since my early AW days :)

Most times  it came on the buffer as "in in in!" or often "inininininininin" if you were hammer fisted like me - brings back memories

vox 2 nights ago:

Me  "Betty you OK down there??" (she was engaged with a tiffie)
Betty "Ya - I'm Ok thanx tho" - (as she disappears beyond icon range)
30 seconds later:
Betty "Oh oh..um...I'm gonna die now!" (Looking low i see her surrounded by 4 cons)
Me "Will there be whiskey at the wake?"
Betty : "<chuckles> Of course!"

A sense of humour goes a long way in this game!!

HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
What I Feel Is the best Tactic is the LOOSE DUCE  :airplane: :airplane:
How did Mussolini get in this thread?  Was he a notorious womanizer?

Most times  it came on the buffer as "in in in!" or often "inininininininin" if you were hammer fisted like me - brings back memories
"Mine.  Mine.  Mine." on local vox is the current, very annoying version.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers