Author Topic: for the new players  (Read 11222 times)

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
Re: for the new players
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:13 AM »
When I first started playing this game a couple of years back, I did not know what I went to at all.. I found this ad for AH, thought 'wow WW2 planes, cool' and in I went for my 2week trial..

Well in my cockpit I started figuring out how to get this thing off the ground and start killing some planes.. I went to Bish runway in the DA to get my action, and was hungry for some kills.. If I have been left alone continuing doing what I was about to, I would probably have been flying like a maniac, hoing and shooting all over the place.. That's how you play most other games online..

But in here it did not take long before a couple of guys started to help me out, as I found the chatbox and started asking about what HOing ment, and why people got mad at me for killing them..  :uhoh

I want to give my thanx to 67Yankee for helping me out in the start, there was a couple of others too but I can't remember their names right now.  :frown:
While I am at it I also want to give my thanx to a guy called Longbawd wich I have not seen again since then, but he was really helpful with giving me alot of good info on how to play this game. He took his time to give me the basic understanding of how to do some ACM moves, and set a few days off just to help me out getting started! Big <Salute> to these guys!  :salute

Its just small things, but I am sure these little things helped putting me on the right track and getting an understanding about how this game is not just a game.. Its really a place for good friends to hang out and have fun, and as long as you play by the 'rules' you get included into the big family real quick!  :aok  :salute

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:46:00 AM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2010, 05:38:36 AM »
How the oldtimers set the tone, and play the game, makes all the difference.

I think a lot of the old timers are tired of trying to change the AH world and have picked up the manta, 'if you can't beat em, join em'. I'm not an old timer, but unless I know who the other guy is, that is how I run it.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2010, 06:23:22 AM »
Read the original post. It's all about a person that killshoots himself, gets mad, then runs here screaming at the "new guys" to stay out of his way.

The third post is mine explaining how to avoid the killshoot situation and be able to stay effective in the fight.

I still don't understand why you guys are trying to turn this thread into some excersize in "ettiqette" thinking you can force people to fly "properly" when all it really is is a thread on how to survive the killshooter scenario.

When someone gets between you and the target, it's already happened. You can't change that. He's there. Now what are going to do? That's the question and I've given the correct answer several times. I haven't changed my stance one bit. It's the correct procedure to survive that situation. It doesn't take fancy flying. It doesn't take a Phd in aeronautics. It only takes some situational awareness and a little trigger discipline.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2010, 06:26:59 AM »
Read the original post. It's all about a person that killshoots himself, gets mad, then runs here screaming at the "new guys" to stay out of his way.

The third post is mine explaining how to avoid the killshoot situation and be able to stay effective in the fight.

I still don't understand why you guys are trying to turn this thread into some excersize in "ettiqette" thinking you can force people to fly "properly" when all it really is is a thread on how to survive the killshooter scenario.

When someone gets between you and the target, it's already happened. You can't change that. He's there. Now what are going to do? That's the question and I've given the correct answer several times. I haven't changed my stance one bit. It's the correct procedure to survive that situation. It doesn't take fancy flying. It doesn't take a Phd in aeronautics. It only takes some situational awareness and a little trigger discipline.

Blooz, you are trying to turn this thread in a positive direction, so I have no choice but to say....

Hee hee hee, Hee hee hee -  He said discipline...  :D
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »

Youre surprised that, after sixteen pages, a thread has taken a turn along a related path?

Heck... we could start a thread about bewbies and it would turn into a discussion about how to conserve fuel at 35K within sixteen posts.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
Youre surprised that, after sixteen pages, a thread has taken a turn along a related path?

Heck... we could start a thread about boobies and it would turn into a discussion about how to conserve fuel at 35K within sixteen posts.

boobies?  where?  :devil
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2010, 10:07:15 AM »
boobies?  where?  :devil

At Angles Three Five, of course! 

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2010, 10:11:26 AM »
I do not if it is just me that feels this way, but you guys are totally blowing this out of porportion...\

Let me bring you back down to reality,...

This is a game, this is NOT LIFE, its a video game! You can tell me all day that its guys like me that ruin this sim, but in fact this is nothing more than a video game. Games are meant to be played in all shapes and forms, there is no wrong way or right way to play this game. If playing with ACM and courtesy is your way of fun then so be it, i dont mind that at all, but you cross the line when you tell other players how they should play the game they pay for.

Why must all of you  tell other players who just want to shoot planes that they are playing the game wrong, to make it more fun for them? What if ACM is not their idea of fun? I sure do not tell you how to play a game, you play it how you want to and I will play it my way.

No law/rule says you have to hold a door open for a lady either. Make your own choice, high road or the low road. Don't blame the community for judging you though.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
No law/rule says you have to hold a door open for a lady either. Make your own choice, high road or the low road. Don't blame the community for judging you though.

hehehe - these days "holding the door" rule will be considered the low road by many women. You're dating yourself shuffler - I  go back to that era too - can remember the 1st time I got dressed down by a young thing 20 years my junior for "helping her". :rolleyes:

I am still kinda in favour of the "women 1st rule"  tho - especially in mine fields!!

....cheers eh! :D
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »
I think a lot of the old timers are tired of trying to change the AH world and have picked up the manta, 'if you can't beat em, join em'. I'm not an old timer, but unless I know who the other guy is, that is how I run it.

I think you'd agree that this is just as powerful a message from the old timers that anything goes, and all the talk is just that...talk.

I think that speaks more to burn out then anything else.  If the game is getting to the point where it's frustrating and you find yourself playing it angry or fed up, it's probably time to step away for a bit and get perspective back.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Perspective?  Methinks that is a fitty cent word that some of the young ones need to look up in a Funk and Wagnals  ;)
- The Flying Circus -

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
I've been the 'victim' too many times of new guys diving in front of me to engage a target I'm already shooting at. The last time he managed to shoot down the enemy while I shot down myself because he rudely parked his plane in front of mine.  This effect is called killshooter. If you fire at your own team, you take damage.
New guys please show some courtesy. If I need help, I'll ask for it. Don't just dive in front and 'steal' the kill.

For the new players...

If you can kill the guy I'm on faster than me go ahead.

I'll salute you and carry on the mission.

You'll save us time, fuel and ammo!

Keep up the good work!

I have quoted the 1st post of this thread, Blooz........ FBGrave is being very considerate in explaining to "NEW PLAYERS" how killshooter works and is not being sarcastic at all..at the same time he is sending out a good proper message

now, Blooz, I have quoted your 1st post....it is an exact opposite sarcastic "hey FBGrave, up yours attitude" reply telling the "NEW PLAYERS" hey anything is ok, do not listen to the first poster that is trying to explain how killshooter works.....

Blooz, if that is how you feel, and by the looks of your last reply to this thread refering to your 1st reply...... then you Sir are part of the reason these threads come up.all because of the message you are sending out... which is to ignore game play of everyone around you and to hell with what others think....this is my $14.95+/- and I don't have to listen to noone.....

so keep on telling the "NEW PLAYERS" exactly what you typed in your 1st reply....and keep on getting those NEW PLAYERS bad reps with others in the game.....

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:52 PM »
hehehe - these days "holding the door" rule will be considered the low road by many women. You're dating yourself shuffler - I  go back to that era too - can remember the 1st time I got dressed down by a young thing 20 years my junior for "helping her". :rolleyes:

I am still kinda in favour of the "women 1st rule"  tho - especially in mine fields!!

....cheers eh! :D

Yes... but I said lady... if she gave you a dressing down for assisting her then she was no lady.

I have a simple reply for those types too.... "Oh I'm sorry miss, I thought you were a lady".
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 01:00:12 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »
Yes... but I said lady... if she gave you a dressing down for assisting her then she was no lady.

I have a simple reply for those types too.... "Oh I'm sorry miss, I thought you were a lady".

hehe some of yoose guys is no ladies ...
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2010, 01:43:29 PM »
I think you'd agree that this is just as powerful a message from the old timers that anything goes, and all the talk is just that...talk.

I think that speaks more to burn out then anything else.  If the game is getting to the point where it's frustrating and you find yourself playing it angry or fed up, it's probably time to step away for a bit and get perspective back.

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do."
              --Andrew Carnegie
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane