Author Topic: My new puppy  (Read 5773 times)

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
Re: My new puppy
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »
I used to love going through drive thrus with Chesty in the back seat.  He would stick his head out as the people leaned to the car to give me my junkfood and scare the daylights out of them 9 times out of 10.  It was delightful. 

He used to sit in the back seat and rest his head on my shoulder as I drove.  I miss that dog. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »
Well, there's always the next dog!  Maybe he/she will do something just as loveable and adorable.  It's a shame that dogs live such short lives, though.

-Penguin

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
jager where u get ur beautiful babies. I want one. whered you get them, my dog is getting old bigtime he will pass within couple months trying to get my kids to realize that their dog will die someday. tough alright. jager i wanna buy one PM me and see if i can buy a rott from same breed.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2010, 07:47:01 PM »
  Chappy,

Cool I get it the flying monkeys from the Wizzard of Oz....  nice!  What a terrier wont do.

Rash,

I think your right,Irish terrier or some mix of similar types.He nose looks abit like at scottish terriers so thats why I think so mix. As for Airedale,definitly not,they're tall dogs and run around 40 lbs,they almost always are found as black and tan.The Irish terrier is a smaller cousin to the airedale and are usually red or tan in colour.

Really doesnt matter,all terriers are much alike and IMHO are the best group of dogs to have as pets.

:salute

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
  Chappy,

Cool I get it the flying monkeys from the Wizzard of Oz....  nice!  What a terrier wont do.

Rash,

I think your right,Irish terrier or some mix of similar types.He nose looks abit like at scottish terriers so thats why I think so mix. As for Airedale,definitly not,they're tall dogs and run around 40 lbs,they almost always are found as black and tan.The Irish terrier is a smaller cousin to the airedale and are usually red or tan in colour.

Really doesnt matter,all terriers are much alike and IMHO are the best group of dogs to have as pets.

He's red as they come and his hair is like rusty wire and weights about 45 pounds.  Everyone that sees him, has to touch his hair.  The only color difference is the dime sized white spot between his shoulders (under his neck). 

The back yard is his too patrol.  The weirdest thing he brought to the back door was a bat, not sure where he ran into a bat.  He must of found it in the shed or hanging from one of the pine trees?  He's like most terriers, he has a knack for hunting down and killing varmints, and loves to be around people.  He really loves to see my 6 year old nephew, they seem like old friends.

The UNFORGIVEN

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 04:52:58 PM »
 Rash,

http://www.airedaleterrier.ca/about-airedales/index.html

This link clearly shows what an airedale looks like,I was alittle off on the weight,more like 45 to 60 lbs.If you check the link you'll see the dog is quite tall and black and tan,the standard calls for 23 inches at the shoulder.

Your dog is much more like an Irish terrier!

here a link that shows a dog much like yours!

http://www.canadogs.com/BreedIrishTerrier.htm

Yes my staffies are quite the hunters too,they amaze me by catching birds.I try to warn the birds before letting them out but it daoesn't always work,then there's the suicidal squirrels that hang around!............. :devil

Love them or hate them terriers are about the most adaptable dogs around,they're more than happy to live on a boat,provided their owner is nearby to enjoy life with them.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »
He use to be scared of the lake. I threw him in a few times, now he's brave.

Dogs are strange like that.  When I got my mutt she was terrified of the water until one day I picked her up and jumped in my pool with her in my arms.  After that I couldn't keep her out of the pool.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
Dogs are strange like that.  When I got my mutt she was terrified of the water until one day I picked her up and jumped in my pool with her in my arms.  After that I couldn't keep her out of the pool.

ack-ack

Strange, I've never had a dog that liked to go into the water at all.  I've had them all at my parent's in ground pool, but they just won't go in willingly.  If I put them in, they just head straight for the stairs.  Maybe it would be different at the lake, I don't know.

madda
The Musketeers Squadron
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2010, 02:17:32 AM »
All this talk about the water...I couldn't resist...I was told staffies didn't like the water...I don't think jock actually knows he's a dog so maybe that is why he loves it so much..that and the fact there is a ball...balll...balllllllll... the dog goes nuts for balls and buckets

10 mins after this last shot, this ball is no longer distinguishable as being such a thing

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2010, 02:23:10 AM »
Cute SPKmes   :)
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2010, 02:38:36 AM »
Great pics Tongs!  Looks like a great time for him.  I couldn't play with Chesty with a basketball for that reason, he's pop them right off.  I might have to try using a ball to get my guys in the water this summer.  Could be great fun.  Thanks for posting those!
madda
The Musketeers Squadron

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2010, 06:48:26 AM »
 :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
Woke up this morning with one of my Rotts having bloody diarrhea.  Vet said to watch her for 24 hrs and bring her in if there's any change for the worse.  Scary as hell.  Have any of you had an experience like this with one of your dogs?  Only thing that I can think happened was that I had to change her food for a day.  She's never had an issue with that though. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

AAJagerX
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:32 AM »
How old is the dog?

I had a dog that had Parvo that did that. He passed away, but he was still a puppy.

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2010, 12:04:16 PM »
Woke up this morning with one of my Rotts having bloody diarrhea.  Vet said to watch her for 24 hrs and bring her in if there's any change for the worse.  Scary as hell.  Have any of you had an experience like this with one of your dogs?  Only thing that I can think happened was that I had to change her food for a day.  She's never had an issue with that though. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

AAJagerX

Yeah Jager, you need to keep a CLOSE eye on her. My parent's evil dog that hated all of us died about 8 years ago from something like that. We were playing around in the house, and then all of a sudden the whole house started to smell like death, I went to see where the dog was, and there was a huge blotch of bloody diarrhea. My parents took her to the vet the next day and she had to be put to rest, but that dog was 18 or 20 years old, so that may have been one of the deciding factors.