Author Topic: How Sad.....  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: How Sad.....
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2010, 06:57:05 PM »
Not really scared to fight, more like I was tired and didn't figure another kill was worth the effort. As I said, when I discoed after uping on the next flight, I just turned off the computer and went to bed. I would have landed with 4 kills instead of 2, only matters if you're looking for a 'wtg' from your buddies after you land.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
Not really scared to fight, more like I was tired and didn't figure another kill was worth the effort. As I said, when I discoed after uping on the next flight, I just turned off the computer and went to bed. I would have landed with 4 kills instead of 2, only matters if you're looking for a 'wtg' from your buddies after you land.

if you're looking at a possible fight as "effort", you should sit back, and re-assess why you're here.

fun should never be work.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2010, 08:16:18 PM »

You can make all the excuses in the world , what it boils down to is you ran away for 2 sectors from a perfectly good fight. The other guy went out of his way for 2 sectors to give you that opportunity and in this game of COMBAT, you turned him down, and then tried to ridicule him here on the boards. Just saying.

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2010, 04:22:31 AM »

FLAYS! HA!     :rofl
lol yes i agree

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2010, 05:46:04 AM »
If the game is all about getting the kill, why don't you de-ack a field and sit at the end of the runway and just shoot everything that ups... pretty easy to do in a osty? Because its more about playing the game than that, thats why.

A nose on nose merge is just that, a MERGE. A HO happens when some bozo starts firering his guns from a 1000 feet out and doesn't let up until he's past the enemy plane. All this does is IF the bozo hits it ends the fight. Seeing as the is a combat game why would you do your best to stop the combat from happening when your first....and only move... is a HO?  Because you are unskilled in BFM and ACM and really havn't a clue as to HOW to win a fight, thats why.

Your as bad as the OP. Where in all that is the combat? All you did was drop some bombs on a static target, picked a con that was on the deck and failed to pick the second one. Then you ran for 3 sectors. Why didn't you turn and fight the spit? Because like the above poster, you are unskilled in BFM and ACM and really havn't a clue as to HOW to win a fight, thats why.

This game is all about combat. Everything is geared toward and designed to provide ample opportunities for combat. Why do you avoid it? If you really hate combat get yourself a copy of Microsofts "Flight Simulator". It's a one time fee to purchase the game..... no monthly fees!! So it saves you money !!! You can fly to your hearts content and no a single soul will every shoot you down.
A nose on nose merge is just that, a MERGE. That's just fine in a 1 vs 1 if it is establish theres to be no hoeing but in the MA this is not what is happening. I flew in several furballs last night not once did the opposition re frame from hoeing period. Great gentleman's rule but rarely upheld.  Now then to address the comments you made about my first and only move is a ho and how unskilled I am who has not a clue as to how to win a fight. Fugitive you have no clue to my first move in aerial combat or how skilled or unskilled I am at playing this game. I have read your other post and it seems they all have a common theme. Negative no Positive! Next time try to actually think before you open mouth and insert foot. I'm sure that I have shot you down in combat probably more than once..... to win a fight that's why!!!

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2010, 05:50:08 AM »
You can make all the excuses in the world , what it boils down to is you ran away for 2 sectors from a perfectly good fight. The other guy went out of his way for 2 sectors to give you that opportunity and in this game of COMBAT, you turned him down, and then tried to ridicule him here on the boards. Just saying.
Look more negative from Fugitive!

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2010, 06:04:30 AM »
Listen to xbrit, he's a very wise and extremely old man.  Actually surprised he was able to reply, they usually don't let him use the computer at the old folks home.

ack-ack
Hey you say this is one of them pooter thingies?? wondered what it was sat on this desk so I read what the young'n wrote and it was just plain(plane) silly.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2010, 07:35:19 AM »
All I did was state what happened, implying that you have to be starved for a kill, or too scared to get into a real fight to chase a plane for two sectors INTO ENEMY TERRITORY.

Wrong ... they guy(s) chasing your weren't scared to fight ... you were.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
Wrong ... they guy(s) chasing your weren't scared to fight ... you were.

ain't it fun, watching someone beat themselves at their own argument? :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2010, 09:38:22 AM »
A nose on nose merge is just that, a MERGE. That's just fine in a 1 vs 1 if it is establish theres to be no hoeing but in the MA this is not what is happening. I flew in several furballs last night not once did the opposition re frame from hoeing period. Great gentleman's rule but rarely upheld.  Now then to address the comments you made about my first and only move is a ho and how unskilled I am who has not a clue as to how to win a fight. Fugitive you have no clue to my first move in aerial combat or how skilled or unskilled I am at playing this game. I have read your other post and it seems they all have a common theme. Negative no Positive! Next time try to actually think before you open mouth and insert foot. I'm sure that I have shot you down in combat probably more than once..... to win a fight that's why!!!

So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name, I'm the Fugitive here, and in the game. Same guy, same "persona" What you see is what you get.

Maybe you have shot me down, but that isn't what we are talking about here. The reason I posted as I did is you posted this.... "THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired." So seeing as most merges are nose to nose it looks like your first move is the HO. You said you shoot "whether or not a shot was ever fired". Your not merging, your HOing.

My posts may seem negative to you and many others because I point out the negative side of game play. My purpose is to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do. If 1 in 10 adds a bit more honor to his flying/fighting game play then I'm happy. If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. Your the one who is negative. You posted..."Great gentleman's rule but rarely upheld.". Your saying that you accept how things are. Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. Me, I'm looking for a change to the more positive side. I hope that there will be change and that for the better, not worst.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2010, 01:24:16 PM »
if you're looking at a possible fight as "effort", you should sit back, and re-assess why you're here.

fun should never be work.  :aok

I'm here to have fun, but after 4 hours of combat, and an epic snapshot, its not as enjoyable for me. Concider it pilot fatigue.

And fugitive, are you saying that you would rather 'give a possibly severely damaged plane the opportunity to fight you' (by which I mean chase) for two sectors, rather than stay near base and fight the inbound cons? From where I'm sitting, thats avoiding a fair fight. You're entitled to your oppinion, just as I'm entitled to mine.

And slapshot, notice how I'm talking about a fair fight. 1v1 on a damaged plane is fair (at least in my mind), but 2v1 on a damaged plane isn't. Upto 3v1 on an undamaged plane is fair in my mind.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
I'm here to have fun, but after 4 hours of combat, and an epic snapshot, its not as enjoyable for me. Concider it pilot fatigue.

And fugitive, are you saying that you would rather 'give a possibly severely damaged plane the opportunity to fight you' (by which I mean chase) for two sectors, rather than stay near base and fight the inbound cons? From where I'm sitting, thats avoiding a fair fight. You're entitled to your oppinion, just as I'm entitled to mine.

And slapshot, notice how I'm talking about a fair fight. 1v1 on a damaged plane is fair (at least in my mind), but 2v1 on a damaged plane isn't. Upto 3v1 on an undamaged plane is fair in my mind.

i log out as soon as it's making me feel anything besides fun. sounds like you pushed well beyond that.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name, I'm the Fugitive here, and in the game. Same guy, same "persona" What you see is what you get.

Maybe you have shot me down, but that isn't what we are talking about here. The reason I posted as I did is you posted this.... "THE WAY I SEE IT IF A PLANE flays nose to nose AND ENTERS MY GUN CONVERGENCE I shoot because  he hoed first whether or not a shot was ever fired." So seeing as most merges are nose to nose it looks like your first move is the HO. You said you shoot "whether or not a shot was ever fired". Your not merging, your HOing.

My posts may seem negative to you and many others because I point out the negative side of game play. My purpose is to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do. If 1 in 10 adds a bit more honor to his flying/fighting game play then I'm happy. If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. Your the one who is negative. You posted..."Great gentleman's rule but rarely upheld.". Your saying that you accept how things are. Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. Me, I'm looking for a change to the more positive side. I hope that there will be change and that for the better, not worst.
lol Again with the negativity --->[So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name,]<---Whats up with that? Is this what you call a positive post? Here is another one....Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. lol Your playing in the same pool dude. If your that unhappy get out of the pool simple as that. For myself I like the game are else I wouldn't play. I'm sorry you think "(think being the key here)" that its your place to point out the negative side of the game play to me or anyone else well it is not.  Again you wrote its your purpose to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do.....Just a minute buddy your purpose is to play a game for fun, nothing more nothing less and as far as educating players that is AH's place not yours! Of course if someone ask for your help that would be diffrent. Your entitle to your own opinions just as everyone else is entitle to theirs.  As far as your comments like [" If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. "] NEGATIVE get over yourself AH has taught us all with much success.  New people are going to join AH and play its what keeps this game alive without fresh faces the game might stop. Loose the negative attitude if someone post there is no need to reply with ugly witty useless bs like the one above. I' m certain about one thing for sure Fugitive is that you will reply back with more well worded crafty negetive crap well ok then. If you need to have the last word go for it. For me this isn't going any where so I want give this post the time of day again. :cool             

ps. You would freak if I were to give you my ingame ID :airplane:

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »
Yeah, my squadie needed help, and I went to help him. I don't usually play anymore than 2 hours when there is a snapshot going on, and about 3 without. I'm probably going to go selectively deaf if that crap happens again.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2010, 02:06:20 PM »
lol Again with the negativity --->[So whats your ingame name? I don't hide behind a BBS name,]<---Whats up with that? Is this what you call a positive post? Here is another one....Your playing in a cess pool and your happy with it. lol Your playing in the same pool dude. If your that unhappy get out of the pool simple as that. For myself I like the game are else I wouldn't play. I'm sorry you think "(think being the key here)" that its your place to point out the negative side of the game play to me or anyone else well it is not.  Again you wrote its your purpose to maybe educate players as to some of the more "lame" things a lot of people do.....Just a minute buddy your purpose is to play a game for fun, nothing more nothing less and as far as educating players that is AH's place not yours! Of course if someone ask for your help that would be diffrent. Your entitle to your own opinions just as everyone else is entitle to theirs.  As far as your comments like [" If more people took the time to learn how to really play the game instead of trying to defend poor game play like the OP and your self posted here, everyone would have more fun and less frustration. "] NEGATIVE get over yourself AH has taught us all with much success.  New people are going to join AH and play its what keeps this game alive without fresh faces the game might stop. Loose the negative attitude if someone post there is no need to reply with ugly witty useless bs like the one above. I' m certain about one thing for sure Fugitive is that you will reply back with more well worded crafty negetive crap well ok then. If you need to have the last word go for it. For me this isn't going any where so I want give this post the time of day again. :cool             

ps. You would freak if I were to give you my ingame ID :airplane:

didn't read your whole post.....but if you follow the boards, you'd note that fugitive is one of the few that seem to offer help here on a regular basis.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"