Author Topic: improved engine/aircraft model  (Read 7598 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: improved engine/aircraft model
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
I'm experiencing random pilot failures....  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »
Would like to see a more realistic aircraft engine model.  Currently every aircraft in AH can is be flown with the engine throttle fire walled.  Currently the only time an engine overheats is when WEP is applied or engine oil pressure is lost.  This is just not realistic.  All the aircraft engines of the time were subject to over heating and had performance limits set that when exceeded for extended periods of time resulted in a engine over heating and or a seized engine.

I dare say that no one in the game limits RPM or Manifold settings currently. 

I think it would add a new dynamic to the game, be interesting to see the effects on game play if pilots were unable to just dash about at full power all the time.  It would add a degree of reality and make for a more accurate aircraft model.

I don’t know if the program elements are all in place to effect this type of change, but right now it’s possible to control Manifold pressure and RPM and the engine over heating element is present for WEP.  I’ve got to think that it could be expended for other RPM settings as well without much trouble.

That was my original wish and I standby it.   I would however like to replace the word "relistic" with the word "challenging”.  
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline RASTER

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2010, 05:57:52 PM »
If you make any more accusations that HTC intentionally miss representations anything, you will never be back.

Hitech its you who wants to silence the dissenting voice. The history of the USA is built on a minority of dissenting voices.

The poster attempted to mislead the readership into believing that each plane in the plane set is used equally. The way the post was presented. The grammar used to present it. These statistics, the way they were presented were misleading and a deliberate attempt to discount a reality the majority hold as truths. The truth that the slower planes are seldom seen in combat. This was essential to my argument in support of improved engine management. Skuzzy's censorship of the MB destroyed the thread. There is no point in discussion if the games own producers have created statistics that are irrefutable, statistics produced by the governing body, statistics that prove all planes are being used equally and that no preference is being shown to any particular type. As with all dictatorships, the moment anyone contests the hard line statistics, the mute button gets pushed and the men with sticks rush into the crowd for the monitors to quash the dissentors like tanks in Tiananmen Square. Don't you dare swing your club at me Hitech or threaten to silence my questions like some Taliban war lord slitting a press reporters neck. Statements like that are almost newsworthy.  :eek:

Offline RASTER

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2010, 06:03:08 PM »
As scherf and I pointed out to you, both of us being Mosquito fans, the Mosquito in AH is not porked.

I think Karnak, those who have read your posts on this thread probably know what kind of faith to put into your opinion.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2010, 06:03:37 PM »
1. What they said was very clear, they backed it up with numbers available to everyone.  I believe you're response was something to the effect of "nuh-uh."

2. Bye

3. Totally IN
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:20:54 PM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2010, 06:04:16 PM »
The poster attempted to mislead the readership into believing that each plane in the plane set is used equally.

No. You were the one that said: Only 10% of the planes are getting used at all.
Then you were presented facts that did show you are plain wrong.
You called this facts "lies" and the stats being "fudged"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2010, 06:05:23 PM »
I think Karnak, those who have read your posts on this thread probably know what kind of faith to put into your opinion.

Actually, those that have been here for awhile know that Karnak is on the level and take his information for what it is, good information. Some on the other hand are just too dense to see the writing on the wall.  I'll leave it up to the community to figure out who those player are.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2010, 06:11:40 PM »
If any of you looked in his mossie thread, there's this point where folks are giving him info on why he's dead-wrong... then he keeps going on, until:

Karnak: "Did you even read the posts Scherf and I typed? We are not making this up"

Raster: "I'm trying to, you fabricated them so well, I should finish"

^-- anybody NOT notice this guy's a total maroon? I think we're all in agreement. His "free speech" tyrade leads me to believe he's all of 13 years old.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »
"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."
SlapShot

Aptly fits ehhh?

Well, let us put it this way.  If it was a glove and OJ tried it on, he'd be sitting on Death Row right now.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2010, 06:19:57 PM »
Once you know somebody is delusional there's no point in arguing with them or insulting them. The best thing to do is be nice to them and let the authorities handle it.   :old:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
No. You were the one that said: Only 10% of the planes are getting used at all.
Then you were presented facts that did show you are plain wrong.

actually most of these so called statistics provided by some pilots are just based on what he sees while playing.  like lets say for example, the last 3 planes that were added.  I hardly see anybody flying them, so my assumption is that nobody flies them.  but if I go to check statistics for each planes it says that they're flown 80 times a day, I find it hard to believe, however I accept them as being true, based on one fact.  WHY WOULD HT STAFF LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?  what would be the point to "improve" stats for some planes?  It doesnt make any sense for somebody to accuse of the stats being "made up".  grow up.  

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »
This thread seems to have gotten far off the mark and degraded into personal attacks.  Skuzzy, please pull the the thread, cancel or delete it , what ever must be done.  thanks
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:24:38 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline RASTER

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2010, 06:21:50 PM »

Oh come on Lusche I call the stats "lies" and the facts being "fudged". Try and make some effort eh.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2010, 06:23:53 PM »
It is just modeled to the data of an FB.Mk VI using Merlin 25s with 100 octane fuel and hampered by flame dampers.

</flame-festival>
Has anyone (else) noticed that if you can identify which of the variations and options are modeled on an aircraft the model doesn't suck?  When it's so good you can tell the difference between regular and premium that's just scary.
<flame-festival>
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »
Oh come on Lusche I call the stats "lies" and the facts being "fudged". Try and make some effort eh.

No need to. Considering your posting history from 2001 to now, I will just lean back and enjoy the upcoming PNGficiation.   :cheers: