Author Topic: Why I Will Never Have the High Score  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
Re: Why I Will Never Have the High Score
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 02:06:20 AM »

Without scoring people would have to post photos and measurements of their noodle, and that could get ugly  ;)

Some people play for score and some people don't , doesn't really matter either way , whatever spins your wheels.
I come from a land downunder

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 02:31:45 AM »
In no particular order:

• I don't use the rearm pad.
  • I fly all my flights as a fighter (not a small set as fighter and the rest attack).
  • I don't tend to fly uber planes.
  • Some planes I fly take all week just to get to 8k.  I have to get out and push sometimes.
  • I burn off those pesky .303\7.x mm rounds before taking off.
  • Sometimes I parachute down and give 6 calls for a while just for fun.
  • I always respond to a call for help (even if I am bringing kills home).
  • I play for fun and to be silly.  This game is like therapy for me.

I am not really trying to make my score higher its just that...I don't care.  I know I have brain damage not to want to spend every moment of the game trying to improve my score but that is just how I am wired.  So I'd like to formally apologize for this huge flaw.  Furthermore, I'd like to apologize for that last apology.  That was really uncalled for.

Oh and there is this other small thing.  Chuck Norris spoke to me in a dream and told me not to play for score.

Slade  :salute

well, you registered Feb. 2009, to earn some nice scores you need to walk down the road for 24 month
lets talk it over after that time......

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:42 AM »
I am to ugly to score with chicks :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 03:19:24 AM »

Some people play for score and some people don't , doesn't really matter either way , whatever spins your wheels.

Exactly. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 05:47:18 AM »
I still havent been able to find the write up here on the HTC websight that even attempts to explain the mechancics of it.  

Help section, topic: Scoring

http://www.hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/scoring.html

Without scoring people would have to post photos and measurements of their noodle, and that could get ugly  ;)

Snailman looking down.... ugh  :uhoh  :cry
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:49:05 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 06:15:47 AM »
I'd like to apologize for my post.  It was an attempt to make an excuse for how bad a virtual pilot I am.  There is no excuse.  The recurring dreams with Chuck Norris don't help either.

I am a silliness dweeb if you have not figured it out.  :)  The point of this post is - it has no point.  Just to be silly.  Not trying to change or judge anyone.  :old:  You (or your parents) spend the $ for this game.  As long as you fly within the rules AH sets forth go have a ball.  :aok

well, you registered Feb. 2009,...
BTW, I have been playing this game far longer than the name the BBS shows.  After I learned the level of effort and funky techniques some (I said some) folks use to get high scores I decided it was not for me.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Impakt

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 06:29:13 AM »
    First, let me applaud and  :salute your healthy attitude. With that said I do think the truth is people enjoy the game for different reasons. Unlike real life---in a game of paid subscriptions it is alright to pursue what floats one's boat relentlessly. It would be great if people simply accepted that we play for different reasons---I'm thinking of all the plaintive and angry comments by the "base grabbers" about "winning" so we can have a "groundhog day" reset.

I've actually changed a bit on this issue over the years. I used to simply fly the rides that interested me: C-205, Yak 9-U, P-40E, F4F-4. I "turned and burned" and re-upped. The last few ToDs I've consciously set out to have a "good" fighter score (relative to my past). I've gotten the fighter K/d to 3.0 (good for me), BUT I'm guilty of uber rides and "fighter/ attack" manipulation (attack K/D 1.6). On the one hand IT IS FUN to worry about the RTB---on the other hand I miss simply flying rides I like. Of course, I can always revert to my old ways in future ToDs. I ALWAYS give 6 calls when I see them and I try and help others. There are quite a few clueless people out there who don't now how to give or accept help---but I try and grin and bear it. Examples: I had a guy plea for help---I nosed below the clouds and he was IN THE ACK of an enemy large air base surrounded by LA-7s. I came down---shooed away the La-s and he broke back into the ack to be killed. I now had 3 Las chasing me on the deck. OR--the guy who breaks hard so you CAN"T clear his six (yes---I've done that as a newb).  OR----recently I saved two guys arses getting myself in a tad of trouble doing so. What did they do? Left me with a con on my 6 (one that had been on theirs) to hound an easy kill set of low B-26s. They added on F-12 "hold on Impaktt we gotta finish these low buffs". :confused: :confused: Anyway---I still always try and help.  :headscratch: :salute

+ FAFL ALSACE 341 +

In game handle = Impaktt

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 06:59:02 AM »
I have no score because i got a job  :furious
Lighten up Francis

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:45 AM »
Are you having fun?

If yes. Then congradulations. You just scored.

Scoring is misleading. Yes there are some really great high ranking players . But
I've come across some really REALLY good sticks who I never saw break 1K in ranking.
I've also seen some with fairly high ranking who would have problems getting out of a wet paper bag made of toilet paper without 5 people to help them
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:58:58 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 09:08:27 AM »
Wow.  A post to justify your suckage.  You must be good!   :D

Seriously, none of those are good excuses.  I used to do all the same things and still made the overall top 10-15 consistantly.

:rofl :rofl

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »
i just play to shoot stuff down. ive tried on a few different occasions to get a better score, but oddly enough i usually have a better score when i dont try for score.

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
i just play to shoot stuff down. ive tried on a few different occasions to get a better score, but oddly enough i usually have a better score when i dont try for score.
:huh...Weirdo   :devil
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »
WTG on just having fun.  As I have said before when I just fly to get into the battle and don't sweat the score stuff, my score usually goes lower anyway. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
OR----recently I saved two guys arses getting myself in a tad of trouble doing so. What did they do? Left me with a con on my 6 (one that had been on theirs) to hound an easy kill set of low B-26s. They added on F-12 "hold on Impaktt we gotta finish these low buffs". :confused: :confused: Anyway---I still always try and help.  :headscratch: :salute    

Thats always fun to have happen.  :banana:

Even though I tend to help as much as possible I never seem to get there in time to do more than watch someone get blasted right as I pull the trigger.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 10:07:20 AM »
 This game is like therapy for me.

Are you nuts?  This game is will put you in the crazy house.  :noid  :joystick:
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles