Author Topic: Why I Will Never Have the High Score  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Why I Will Never Have the High Score
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2010, 05:11:56 PM »

Btw, Krusty, I would think hot padding would do much more to improve your kills/sortie than the minute or so it takes to taxi and rearm would do to your kills/time. Likewise it seems improbable that augering would ever be good for score because it quarters your kill points for the sortie as well as hurting k/d. It's the using hot padding to fly long distances between fights, not the hot padding itself, that's going to hurt your score. The same is true if you play a bit more historically and up with 100% fuel 50 miles from the fight, or 150 miles for bombers. Anyway, the main reason I hot pad, and I suspect the same for a lot of players, has nothing to do with rank or "name in lights", it's to rearm ords at fields where ords are down, which I guess is a little gamey but not (IMHO) poor sportsmanship.

Once you get a k/d of 5.0 or better you get very little return for time spent improving it. Same goes for 3.0 kills per sortie. So yes, once you've reached these numbers your score would be better served by simply augering in oder to get the most out of K/T. 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 05:31:16 PM »
Just fly and let the numbers fall where they may.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
I had a very score obsessed pilot that you might have heard of say to me over 200 that I sucked because I only had x number of kills per hour.  Heck sometimes it takes me all day to get somewhere in my F4F and when I get there I find the war has gone somewhere else!  :eek:

LMAO! Know that feeling. Or you get there and everyone on your side has already been either shot down or RTB and you find yourself the lone pork chop surrounded by 20 starving natives.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 12:10:44 AM »
I am to ugly to score with chicks :old:

That's TOO ugly dude. cuz I R Too.  :neener:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,