Author Topic: -G lead shots ...  (Read 1941 times)

Offline thorsim

• Parolee
  • Restricted
      • The Luftwhiner Lounge
-G lead shots ...
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:09 PM »
ummm ...

they make me sad and annoyed ...

should they ?

t
THOR C.O. II ~JG-27~ Afrika-AH
Axis Co-Op
Quote from: any number of idiots here
blah blah Blah
Quote from: oldman
Good call.  Ignore the people who actually flew the real planes against each other.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Re: -G lead shots ...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »
262s shouldnt be able to do it, its wings should break when -2Gs are felt on the air frame.  ;)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:32:39 PM »
I agree, it seems all German iron is highly over modeled in this fashion.  I've read many reports where they said no more than -1G would surely damage the aircraft beyond repair or recovery.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:51:54 PM »
I think this topic of discussion came up on 200 the other day....I think it ended up with someone finding a loop hole in the flight model and gaming it....sort of like when people bail before a bomb lands on their flak. :devil

:bolt:

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Impakt

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »
I brought it up on 200. Just frustrated with a d 200, stick stirring C-205 that kept doing neg G such that I could just not hit him. I had read HEARSAY (I don't know---just read it) with regard to my former game that it creates micro warps. Anyway, I just vented my frustration. When I am in trouble I do evasive maneuvers, ie, defensive scissors, or a barrel roll and go for the overshoot. Many, many players simply micro stick stir with slight rolls and repeated negative gs. Oddly the sim lets this happen with no loss of E. I've actually flown straight, easing the nose down, or tapping the "I" key---and the wiggling con pulls away. Its a game. I'd like Thor to post his stuff on the 151 vs Hispano---so we can discuss if the Hispano is way over the top. If someone knows the truth about neg gs and warp I'd love to hear.

:salute

+ FAFL ALSACE 341 +

In game handle = Impaktt

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
There was a 190 doing that same thing today. Part of me thinks it is lame but there is another part that thinks its just trying survive. What are they suppose to do just let you kill them.

Don't like it but see why they do it.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »
Without any data in front me........................... ..............

I have to think -2 is far below what the actual gForce needed to break the 262's wings off.

Where is grizz?  Where is Lusche?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »
I was in a D11 chasing a A8, at D400 he started the electric fish dance..   I took me well over 1000 rounds to kill him, it seemed like many of them just.. passed through him  :headscratch:  no hit sprites nothing..  It was absurd how LONG it took me to kill the guy, he would nose down hard then up then flip left and right.  I totally gave up on trying to "lead" him, because his plane pointed 3 different directions every second,  so I just aimed at the general path he was taking.. I.E. the heart of the spasm and just fired when he crossed it..

he (pilot) would have been unconscious or completely disoriented a few seconds into this crap.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »
Where is Lusche?

probably already making a pie chart  :devil

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 10:35:47 PM »
 :huh

Right now, in my hotel room, I'm at -1 gForce.

I agree, it seems all German iron is highly over modeled in this fashion.  I've read many reports where they said no more than -1G would surely damage the aircraft beyond repair or recovery.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
 :lol
What's funny is when a player cries foul on a jet doing some controlled neg G maneuvers as 'gaming the game' only to /.ef in his tank as a bomb is about to hit it.  How does that work in RL?  A tank driver sees a bomb is going to hit him so he magic school buses it out of there?   :lol The irony!

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »
I was in a D11 chasing a A8, at D400 he started the electric fish dance..   I took me well over 1000 rounds to kill him, it seemed like many of them just.. passed through him  :headscratch:  no hit sprites nothing..  It was absurd how LONG it took me to kill the guy, he would nose down hard then up then flip left and right.  I totally gave up on trying to "lead" him, because his plane pointed 3 different directions every second,  so I just aimed at the general path he was taking.. I.E. the heart of the spasm and just fired when he crossed it..

he (pilot) would have been unconscious or completely disoriented a few seconds into this crap.
:rofl :aok
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 11:16:10 PM »
it seems to me that if the average man can handle 5 G's, they would make the planes to go to at least that limit....

To think the 262's wing's rip off at 2 g's is.... :rolleyes:

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 11:16:23 PM »
Been in Armored vehicles.  believe me unless you just unass the vehicle you are dead meat.  You would not see it coming.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »
it seems to me that if the average man can handle 5 G's, they would make the planes to go to at least that limit....

To think the 262's wing's rip off at 2 g's is.... :rolleyes:

I believe he was saying -2g.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.