Author Topic: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: HAT'S OFF TOO AH FOR WWI
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 10:01:45 PM »
You nose down and you corkscrew into the dirt with no controls over anything. yes it's keeping me from flying the thunderbolt when my main objective is to dive bomb.

Oh crap, my ribs hurt from laughing.  There is no bug like that with the Thunderbolt, other than pilot induced bug.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »
Oh crap, my ribs hurt from laughing.  There is no bug like that with the Thunderbolt, other than pilot induced bug.

ack-ack

empty barrel makes loud noise.

It happened to me twice then it stopped happening. I notice you troll the boards nocking down everyone's ideas and calling them stupid.
And the bug disappeared so hats off  :aok
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:27:39 PM by 1carbine »
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:26:26 PM »
Started as soon as I have a default to work with. :)

Considering the incredibly lax regulations on aircraft art during WWI, I vote to allow custom player skins in the WWI arenas.

:D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline 1carbine

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 10:28:35 PM »
Considering the incredibly lax regulations on aircraft art during WWI, I vote to allow custom player skins in the WWI arenas.

+1
Obama is the Energizer bunny of fail.

_|o[____]o
[1---L-OllllllO-
()_)()_)=°°=)_)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »
Tonight was absolutely the most fun I've had playing since I started in AW.  I could hardly pull myself away.

It really reminded me of the AW furballs.  Up, no climb-out, minutes to the fight and targets everywhere.  Altitude is of little advantage as you have to cut throttle to dive anyway and even vastly outnumbered you seem to have a chance for a kill or two.  And the damage modeling is just too cool.

Too bad I'm probably going to have to give up my account or this would be a permanent home for me and inspire me to play again.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 11:44:01 PM »

Yep.  HTC knocked one completely out of the ball park this time.  It far exceeds my expectations.  I was hoping it would be at least OK, but this rocks.

Sure, I can already think of some suggestions of things I'd like to see added. ;)  But today is not the day for that.  Today there is only  :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute

:banana:,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 11:55:19 PM »
Outstanding!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:12:11 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2010, 12:31:07 AM »
I really hope HTC eventually adds a strategic/tactical war to WWI, tho. The planes are a lot of fun and a HUGE challenge to get a hold of, but right now the WWI arenas remind me of just another extension of furball cesspool in the DA: Hordeing and HOing in excess.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
That's "to".
Retired

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 01:29:24 AM »
As a long-time AH player, I have to say it's a hoot to fly these little crates.  Easy to get into a dogfight; no long climbouts, and you end up on the deck dodging trees soon enough!

Wish it had zeppelins and the Nieuport 17, the Se.5a, and a Spad VII tho. The map could use some trains, and of course, some trenchworks with flak zones.

Skinners - get crack-a-lackin' on some new paint!
Yup! Pretty fun, but slim pickins for choice of airframe. I'm sure there were very few at first anyway. Hope it keeps it's alure and gets updates often to keep folks interested. Congrats to AH for a great job!  :banana: :airplane:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 03:10:08 AM »
If you land the Be2 out in the bushes and park it with its nose near some trees, you can hop in the rear gunner position and be a one gun wirble.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2010, 03:13:36 AM »
WTG HiTech!
I love it!
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2010, 03:18:25 AM »

+1

well done HTC!!  :aok
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 04:43:46 AM »
I like it.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »
I notice you troll the boards nocking down everyone's ideas and calling them stupid.
And the bug disappeared so hats off  :aok
Ermm no. He does however pic on the baseless whines.
See Rule #4