Author Topic: Fairwell  (Read 5557 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Fairwell
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
If I ever post a farewell thread in the GD, feel free to call me the biggest wuss boi pick tard to ever play the game.  :aok
You forgot gang, run, and HO tard. :)

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »
If I ever post a farewell thread in the GD, feel free to call me the biggest wuss boi pick tard to ever play the game.  :aok
I couldn't do that. I've always found you to be polite and respectful of others. Which is quite rare for someone with your skill level Grizz. You have a leadership quality about you that I respect.  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
I agree that bringing this to the boards is a bad idea. It's not good for anyone, but must everyone that does choose that route have to be put down and told about how much they suck? Why not a simple "later", or no post at all? Some manners would be nice on these boards every once in awhile, ya know.

I use to like Snoop Dogg till i seen that  :(

Reading back a bit, I can see hes your ex squaddie and all but still why bring it here and expect not to get a log curled on ya. Didn't know Skatsr was gone as well I 'eventually' found him a hell of a good guy after getting to know him a bit :lol sorry to hear hes left.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2010, 03:59:38 PM »
Yeah I miss ole Skat alot. At one time I would have loved to see him and Steve wing together  :lol Can you imagine the kills them boys could land in a sortie! Now THAT would have been a killing machine.  :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Stoliman

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:07 PM »
Yall need to stfu and move along! Gaboon can whip half the folks on these boards and was 1 of the few wingmen I've ever had that would have my 6 covered even if it meant him getting shot down in the process.
I invited him to the 412th awhile back and he was a perfect fit for the squad. I've need regretted that move and I hate to see him go as was awesome squad mate, with alot of knowledge about the Mustang. His grandpa flew them and I enjoyed talking to him about that.

He may not of flown the way you wanted him to, but if he were in your squad you'd be damned thankful he was there. Frankly, I'm disappointed that someone from the 412th hasn't spoken up in his behalf. I guess now that SkatSr is gone they'll just let folks walk all over 1 of their own.....sad.

There's only a handful of guys I'd want as a wingman in this game, and Gaboon is damn sure one of em'. He's spoken his mind and we've spoken ours. Now lets move on and find someone else to hack on.

I can't disagree with this.  My only point would be that even when I was a noob, 4 years ago, Gaboon in a GV could do nothing but point out how he felt the game was "H"d....if you know what I mean.  It was really all he could comment on.....sure, the air war was ok, but in GVs things were "hinky". 

Now apparently that opinion has leaked over into the air part of the game.  That is a shame, he is/was a good/great player, if he could just get past his hangups - you know, "everyone is out to get me".
Tour 74-122:  Stoliman
Tour 123 - now:  Deke

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
If I ever post a farewell thread in the GD, feel free to call me the biggest wuss boi pick tard to ever play the game.  :aok

Can I do it anyway in case I miss the farewell thread?

:)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2010, 05:07:30 PM »
Can I do it anyway in case I miss the farewell thread?

:)

You tend to miss things when you are calibrating your P38's bomb sight don't ya.   :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »
You tend to miss things when you are calibrating your P38's bomb sight don't ya.   :D

He didn't miss my 600 yard, straight over his head and spiraling, pony the other night.       :lol 
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
I have quit a few films of Mr. Gaboon running and running and then running some more from a 1 v 1. Only to finally get caught by me and fairly easily killed. That is always followed by countless bashings on 200 about how lame my kill on him was. If you want me to post some of them I would be happy to. Just say the word :D

Uptown, you may be his friend but if he is gonna come on here and want the community to comment on his leaving (which is the idea of a forum) then your gonna get exactly how I feel about it from me. :aok  It would appear that I'm not the only one that thinks this way :salute

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
I have quit a few films of Mr. Gaboon running and running and then running some more from a 1 v 1. Only to finally get caught by me and fairly easily killed. That is always followed by countless bashings on 200 about how lame my kill on him was. If you want me to post some of them I would be happy to. Just say the word :D

Uptown, you may be his friend but if he is gonna come on here and want the community to comment on his leaving (which is the idea of a forum) then your gonna get exactly how I feel about it from me. :aok  It would appear that I'm not the only one that thinks this way :salute

And Bucky really sucks  :D

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »
And Bucky really sucks  :D

Tru dat :rock :salute

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 11:15:31 AM »

If you ever talked with him you would find he would intentionaly fly the pony the way his grandfather had told him how it was flown in RL, I think he was intentionaly honoring that in some way. Gaboons flying was very close to skatsr style, they both were good at the long shot "800-1K". Skat could turn the pony a bit better "when he had to" but he also prefered to leave when things got dicey. When they joined up in the same squad they both benefitted from each others experience IMO. Doggin him for flying the pony in the same manner as most pony drivers do is not to cool. There are plenty who fly it the same way who are still "ingame".

For the record, 0ldemon is the only pony driver who "consistently" has a "MUDDY" pony in this game!  Again, just my humble opinion! :aok  all the others fly it as I have stated above!

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 12:20:13 PM »
Only 0LDemon huh  :huh
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »
Fine with me if he wants to "fly" his pixels the way his grandfather taught him. Just don't start bashing someone on 200 when you get caught and killed because of it. Which is what he did to me quit often.  :cheers:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »
I dislike the WW1 arena too, from the first day honestly but alot of people do love it.....good add as far as business goes. But Id have to agree theres been some problems with bugs in the ww2 MA recently. But maybe those will be fixed when we get a new Yak and KI :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"