Author Topic: Timid  (Read 7141 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Timid
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »
Things that will make me think someone is timid.....

1. primary way of fighting is BNZ
2. running
3. going for an injured palne that is RTB
4.(this is for people on same side) Seeing a con higher then you and turning back around to get alt on them
5. HOing
6. Most every person in a F4U or P38
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
But you try to win that fight, don't you? And the next one, and the next one. You compete in every fight to win.
If 4 guys jump you, you realize you are probably going to die but you compete anyway, with the grim determination to get as many if not all of them before the gang gets you.

In short, you are trying to win. You win by shooting down the bad guy(s) without getting killed yourself.  If this weren't the case, you would eschew ACM and simply HO everything in sight, willing to trade your "life" for  each guy you ran into.

Because you are trying to best your opponent by killing him and not dying, Kazaa defines you as timid. Obviously, he was either goofing or his definition is flawed.
The biggest misconception players get in here is they think just because they put you in the tower and get the kill msg, they are victorious. I can understand the competing aspect of human nature of wanting to "win" but ask yourself if you did it with pride.
Ive seen alot of "greats" in here that can put themselves in really bad positions either with alt or numbers and come out truely victorious. Those are the guys that deserve the respect of other players b/c they have been through being shot down a million times but now have learned to get it right. Most hate that stage because of too much pride, which is understandable..but never forget this is just a damn game for christ sake. I dont like to be shot down, but I shut up and accept it :bolt:
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 03:34:05 PM »

2. running
4.(this is for people on same side) Seeing a con higher then you and turning back around to get alt on them
5. HOing
Your doing some major fishing arent ya  :noid
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »

2. running
5. HOing

#3 could be debated, if the guy put up a decent fight I would let him go, however if he did any of the above he is toast.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:42:10 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
I laugh when people call 262s timid running dweebs.

I mean, think about it...why wouldn't a 262 run when in danger? Unless you're a Grizz. :noid

Huh?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline MoJoRiZn

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 03:41:08 PM »

2. running
5. HOing

gee whiz wally, you just described everything you do  :O
"Well, I woke up this morning, and got myself a beer
the future's uncertain, and the end is always near     Let it roll"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »
I laugh when people call 262s timid running dweebs.

I mean, think about it...why wouldn't a 262 run when in danger? Unless you're a Grizz. :noid
Huh?
Grizz might have film of him and I turn fighting hordes in our 262s. Its only perks, you can get them back in 4 or 5 sorties.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:25 PM »
Somebody is new or its a shade     :noid

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »
Your doing some major fishing arent ya  :noid
Just a bit......but now that you bring it up Ill throw out some names of people I found to be timid in Hogs and 38s

38=VNE1............I have actually DAed him(in 38s) and hes not bad we went about even but his MA flying is straight up timid.

F4U=Shawk...........Again, I havnt DAed him but I have heard from plenty of good sticks that he is good. But when he comes in on a great 1v1 from about 15k to 8k just to get me, it makes me feel his MA flying is a bit timid.

38s and F4Us, IMO are some of the easiest planes to fly in a BNZ mode. F4U dives great while being able to outturn most everything, 38s have great climb and awesome guns with a decent ability in the dive. The way I see most Hog and 38 pilots flying comes off timid to me......just my opinion
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
You are so shadeilicious

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 03:45:45 PM »

2. running
5. HOing

Even though I know you're fishing...

1. Nothing wrong with BnZ tactics especially if you're not using a turn fighter.
2. I'll jump into really bad odds and then run if I don't get shot down, if I can't get at least 1 kill, and/or if the gang gets bigger...I'll even run if I see something coming at me that I know whatever I'm flying can't possibly win against...and I'm far from timid.
3. If the plane happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...too bad...if he's close to the runway, I'll let him go.
4. If the con has alt and cannot be engaged in a manner that has some chance of success...turn around and grab alt.
5. Shoot first.
6. Refer to number 1.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
I kinda want to know who this guy is. Then I want to see a film of me doing anything I just said. After that we can meet up right now in the DA if they have time. :devil

Huh?
"most"
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
Just a bit......but now that you bring it up Ill throw out some names of people I found to be timid in Hogs and 38s

38=VNE1............I have actually DAed him(in 38s) and hes not bad we went about even but his MA flying is straight up timid.

F4U=Shawk...........Again, I havnt DAed him but I have heard from plenty of good sticks that he is good. But when he comes in on a great 1v1 from about 15k to 8k just to get me, it makes me feel his MA flying is a bit timid.

38s and F4Us, IMO are some of the easiest planes to fly in a BNZ mode. F4U dives great while being able to outturn most everything, 38s have great climb and awesome guns with a decent ability in the dive. The way I see most Hog and 38 pilots flying comes off timid to me......just my opinion
IMO the "better pilots" tend to get into the J more often...don't know why. The L is used 90% of the time as a bomb truck. As the hog is (I said it in another thread) the 38 is easy to fly but hard to master.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2010, 03:50:04 PM »
Grizz might have film of him and I turn fighting hordes in our 262s. Its only perks, you can get them back in 4 or 5 sorties.
I was flyin with him, kappa on ndisles in FT over an nme base...what a blast it is to just be there. At the time I didn't have enough for a 262 (10 perks under) but I brought a 234 over. Spent a good amt of time over there and I think Grizz RTB'd with 9, Kappa with 5 and myself with 5. Good times, very fun.

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Even though I know you're fishing...

1. Nothing wrong with BnZ tactics especially if you're not using a turn fighter.
2. I'll jump into really bad odds and then run if I don't get shot down, if I can't get at least 1 kill, and/or if the gang gets bigger...I'll even run if I see something coming at me that I know whatever I'm flying can't possibly win against...and I'm far from timid.
3. If the plane happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...too bad...if he's close to the runway, I'll let him go.
4. If the con has alt and cannot be engaged in a manner that has some chance of success...turn around and grab alt.
5. Shoot first.
6. Refer to number 1.
Im not fishing that hard. This is a personal thing right? I dont care if a Con has 10K alt on me Im going to fly below him, If he comes in on me Im saying "GREAT" 9 times out of 10 he will be running from me in acouple of passes. No offense, I know you HO and bnz and all that....your flying to me may be very timid but its your choice...Ill give you crap on 200 but in the end its your own flying
DFC Member
"Yikes"