Author Topic: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?  (Read 4222 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2010, 12:51:27 AM »
And how is this different then Grizz getting most of his kills in a 262?

Find me 1v1 and I'll show you.   :aok

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »
pacerr is just so awful it's ridiculous.. what's hilarious is how he ends up ranked 2nd so frequently despite doing his best to be number 1 at scorewhoring. fail.

im guilty of bullying him over vox when ive been on his country while he's stalking and looking to pick my fights. then he goes all spastic, just listening ot his voice I can tell he's a miserable sod.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2010, 06:11:14 AM »
This is gonna be an in thread soon... i can feel it, coming in the air of the night...hold on... :rolleyes:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2010, 07:13:08 AM »
I've got no issues with pacerr any more then I would with shawk, IMO both are better then most people give them credit for. However to even compare them to anyone at Grizz's level is ludicrous. There aren't more then 100 or so folks in the game who are truly formidable 1 on 1...Grizz is somewhere up in the top of that mix. Pacerr (along with most of us) doesn't come near to making that grade...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
I totally agree with ya Snap. I shouldn't of used Grizz as an example. But he's the 1st one that came to mind as he is on top right now. But, I also feel he's on top because he's flying a plane at the moment that allows for him to escape from his mistakes with ease. If you put him in a 38 against Del, Dan, Cactus and some of the other Sappers, I don't think he'd have the success that he does in the 262.

Let there be no doubt that the plane one chooses to fly makes a huge difference in whether or not you make it home. The Muppets web site has a write up from Zazen about how to be successful in a fighter, and one of the tips is to choose a plane that can get in and out of a fight quickly. A plane that can grab alt and get you away from danger when you need too. I'm I the only one that notices the "great" pilots in this game don't fly a lot of P40s, F4Fs, etc?

I have nothing personal whatsoever against Grizz, but his plane of choice has put him on top of the aces list. I know this ain't going to win me any points with a lot of folks, but someone needs to say it.

I personally think the most skilled player in this game is the master of the 38. 

Lighten up Francis

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:47 AM »
This is where you need to separate out a bunch of different components. If we view the MA environment then Zazen is in the "dozen" or so most formidable flyers (IMO) along with coach, steve, skatsr who consistently make quality decisions but have the ability to fight well (1 on 1 or outnumbered) as needed.

Now you can go beyond that to guys like Greebo who are truly formidable in the MA in a more average plane (You can throw a few of the F4U/spitty/jug guys in here as well)...

Then we hit the 38 which is an entirely different animal in the sense that its the unuber uber plane. No question that a well handled 38 is exceptionally formidable. So now we get into the question of "best of breed"...Grizz (109), Del (P-38), Greebo (F6F) Bluekitty (P-47) WW (F4U) Bruv spitXVI

So tell me who wins that one...and we don't have Batfink, tonyjoey or a host of others in there...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 10:19:38 AM »
Yes, there's no doubt that that list of guys are the best of the best at the dogfighting aspect of the game. And I'm sure anyone of them will tell you, each one could beat the other on any given day.
But the score monger is also a breed of it's own with a whole different set of game knowlege, skill and goals. Pacerr and Shawk are always at the top of that list. But the fact they choose to play all parts of the game,instead of just the fighter aspect of it, some would say they suck. I don't agree with that.

We all know the fighter role is the most difficult SINGLE aspect of the game to master. To be #1 OVERALL, one has to be good at ALL parts of the game, not just one catagory. To compare Pacerr to Grizz is comparing apples to oranges. They play 2 different games.Because of this, depending on who you ask, one is considered to suck while the other is great. That's not fair. They're both equally skilled AT WHAT THEY DO.  If I were to depend on one guy to take a VH down in one jabo pass, I'd want a Shawk or Pacerr to do it. But if I wanted a fighter for sure dead, I'd call on a Delrium or Grizz.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:23:45 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2010, 10:48:48 AM »
when all is said and done as long as you enjoy your $15  thats all that matters.   nuff said.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »
To compare Pacerr to Grizz is comparing apples to oranges. They play 2 different games.Because of this, depending on who you ask, one is considered to suck while the other is great. That's not fair. They're both equally skilled AT WHAT THEY DO.

You need to break it down more uptown.  To score high, you need to perform a monthly laundry list of tasks and then look at each individual component of that list and ask yourself if it requires any skill...

To name a few:
Capture a few bases with an m3 and goon.
Drop bombs on undefended towns and rtb.
Shoot buildings with sdkfz/pt boat rockets.
Strafe buildings in attack mode.
Only fly to vulch fests in fighter mode.
Spawn camp in tanks.

That is pretty much the list of tasks that needs to be done to rank high.  Being good at that isn't worth squat.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »
 :lol Point and match Grizz.  This portion of me poking the bear with a stick is over  :lol  :salute you're alright for a Muppet  :D

oh, and the 1vs1 thing with me and you, we both know that's a total waste of time . :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 11:04:39 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
when all is said and done as long as you enjoy your $15  thats all that matters.   nuff said.

+1

As for paccer its his money also, never had a problem with the guy hes also more considerate than most regards throwing out a check 6 or clearing your tail, 90% of the main  arena fly the same style as him for the same reasons in the same situations so why grief him.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2010, 11:20:19 AM »
+1

As for paccer its his money also, never had a problem with the guy hes also more considerate than most regards throwing out a check 6 or clearing your tail, 90% of the main  arena fly the same style as him for the same reasons in the same situations so why grief him.

That's true.  I was only pointing out that ranking high is no good measure of one's ability for the reasons I listed.  I have never fought pacerr so I don't know if he has any skills.  I have picked him out of some ungodly hordes in my jet/ta152 before though. 

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2010, 12:05:35 PM »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
I welcome the fight with a Spit9 knowing it is that tard Bruv119  :neener:
Also I love to fight ALL of those dweeby Bish Dora's at 12k knowing that they will blow their advantage cuz they are noobs (Screamin Dweebcakes and Devil's Tards). But what I most love is seeing a Pony at 15k hoping he dives on me, and lag roll his running arse and blow his wing off. System: you have Shot Down Tomagina #7.

Thats whats fun.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Kazaa, I don't know whether to laugh at that pic or fly to the UK and kick you in the shin!

:rofl
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey