Author Topic: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?  (Read 4239 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?
« on: April 17, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »
You know you been playing "too" long when you start picking up on the certain players techniques, running into them and totally falling for it time and time again.
Greebo with his F6, Grizz with the 262, Paws, Del with his 38, Lute with his Nik, GHI with his IL2.
Knowing these guys are active on the roster, have you ever misjudged chasing that 262 to be the typical average 262 pilot only to find yourself roped, doing EXACTLY what he wanted you to do and come back BOOM..tower, msg: Grizz has shot you down. The IL2 on the deck, swooping down to get a shot, having the patented Neg G swoop, overshoot then BAM..GHI has shot you down. :furious :furious :furious
I bring this up by my contact with Delirium yesterday. smoking 38, trying to set up a shot knowing that to do so, there might be a risk that I can get into his gunsight. Chances are, the typical player here would be extremly lucky to pull off getting the shot on me, but someone like Delirium could. Sure enough..he pulls in the vert, as I see pieces of my typh falling off, I am caught saying..This is Del even before the msg comes up. (very nice btw)
Question here is, do most on here take that risk and GO for it? Or do most have enough pateince to say the risk is there, but "hopefully" I can set something up with a better advantage on my end?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Re: Ever get that oh **** feeling when merging or engaging?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
Question here is, do most on here take that risk and GO for it?

Yup,  I want to test my mettle against the best... it's the most fun.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »
Yup,  I want to test my mettle against the best... it's the most fun.

Definitely!  :aok
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:30:37 AM »
Always still go for it, after all that's what the game is all about, combat. I will admit tho that if I think after the first merge it might be one of "those guys" I am a bit more cautious about what kind of shot I give them  :D

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »
I go after anything red. But one thing I do is look for someone needing help. I go in and help them out but when its time for people to help me they boot and scoot. And yes I have gone up against grizz and been on the losing end. But you gotta keep trying.

Just like Babe Ruth said "Every srike gets me closer to the next homerun."
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 10:36:34 AM »
Grizz told me that if I start shooting like him, I can stop sleeping outside.
-AoM-

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »
I go after anything red. But one thing I do is look for someone needing help. I go in and help them out but when its time for people to help me they boot and scoot. And yes I have gone up against grizz and been on the losing end. But you gotta keep trying.

Just like Babe Ruth said "Every srike gets me closer to the next homerun."

I like that attitude  :salute. Not to be offtrack here, but years ago I had the honor of meeting Julia Child. What she said in her speech to our graduating class has stuck with me for many many years. " There are 2 people you will meet in this feild. Those that make mistakes and make excuses, and those that make mistakes and make resolutions. The real greats have made many resolutions".
That hits home in game as it is in life. When pride on the line, its easy to make excuses and blame the other guy or some other reason. Work harder on not making that mistake later and you will prevail.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 11:27:38 AM »
NO WAY am I going to risk a death at the hands of one of these guys. I usually will log off and play internet checks instead.
Lighten up Francis

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
its kinda neat how after a while u can tell who ur fightin against based on the flying style, and i would fight those guys anyday, beats the hek outta chasin a noob, or dealin wit dweebs.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »
Sure enough..he pulls in the vert, as I see pieces of my typh falling off, I am caught saying..This is Del even before the msg comes up. (very nice btw)

It couldn't of been me, I haven't flown much at all and I'm rusty as heck.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 01:52:39 PM »
Ive actually ran into greebo, ill go after anything I can gwet my guns onto
I believe I shot him down once
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »
It couldn't of been me, I haven't flown much at all and I'm rusty as heck.
How nice of you to shake off the rust by practicing on me :aok

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 02:28:20 PM »
Be Wary..., It took awhile, but I can spot Ghi at his game about half the time now (either because somone is screaming his name on vox, or by the distinct way he throws your aim off in that IL-2)
Call it paranoia, but I am VERY wary of IL2's That seem to be ignoring the fact im clossing on thier 6.

My biggest iritation are the 109K4's that appear to be blundering around at low speed who suddenly go vertical just as I get within shooting range, roll over the top with flaps out, and rip my wings off in snapshots, iv'e promised myself NOT to fall into that beartrap anymore.
It's a set up, and I know i've let alot of fights go longer than they should, or missed oppertunity's for a kill because I simply will not follow a guy that fits that scenerio right away.

Most of the decent stick are obviouse after a couple minutes in the area, because when your looking they really dont seem to be in the fight,(snailman comes to mind in that Niki) but turn your back, or engage another plane, and you WILL find yourself back in the tower because the guy just waited long enough for you to let your gaurd down.
BE WARY OF THE HI ALT 38 overhead, he's probably just waiting until your pants are down around your ankles before he push's the issue, and you cant fault him for it...

Apart from who I consider good sticks, there are ALOT of guys who fly one airplane the same way every time, and have developed countermeasures in order to try and force people to fly thier way.
In the arena its what ammounts to alot whining about running, or being double team'd, and here on the boards its guys treating the HO like it wasnt thier fault for being infront of another airplanes guns, or refering to people as spit dweebs etc. excuses, excuses, :cry

I think some of these one trick ponies in the MA are really limiting themselves, and most usualy end up dead just like anyone else.
People forget that this is a team sport, a kill by HO is still a kill, and a guy that gets in over his head and die's heroicly in a ball of fire is no better than the one that extends and  preserve's his life like any real world pilot might do.
If you die in the air fellas, the 1st person you should point the finger at is YOURSELF. I dont whine when I accept an obviouse HO attempt from a K4, or 110, why do you think its ok to?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:29:57 PM by stephen »
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline kingcobradude

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »
who flies 190s from takeoff to 20k in 3.5 seconds flat?
CO, Druileáil Teagascóir, and Lámh Cathaoirleach Ginearálta of the Irish Air Force

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 02:53:24 PM »
GO FOR IT!!!  :joystick: No balls. no glory.  :joystick: A sea of red means I'm usually dead. But, its the boat ride there that's always fun.  :airplane:

<S> to all the good and best sticks in the game. I know I have become another notch in the rifle stock to most of them. Its always an aggravating death to be had when these guys sucker ya in.

SALUTE
A8Chustr

Side note:

"...who flies 190s from takeoff to 20k in 3.5 seconds flat?"

From what a 10K base? Which map has that one? Seriously, 109K4 will go 0K to 15K inside dar ring full on WEP and 100% fuel. 190D9 to about 12k same load out...just sayin'.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:56:23 PM by chewiex »
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".