Author Topic: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!  (Read 13391 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: Fighter Ace 3 is going out of business!?!
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:18 PM »
Im the one to ask about stuff around here, the AH community looks up to me immensly.

...I've never heard of you.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2010, 06:26:11 PM »
Also while warming up to the game checkout the community here, from the events and scenarios to the custom sounds forum/guys.  Upgrading the sounds in AH is a huge improvement and worth the time/trouble, but not worth the trouble for those less-than mediocer PC users (the process requires diving into your game files, cutting, copying and pasting your sound folder(s)).

Actually, adding a custom soundpack just requires replacing your old, empty, default Sounds folder with a new Sounds folder(the soundpack).  Only takes a few seconds once the pack is downloaded.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:56 PM »
Just remember all you Cherrys!!! You have to deack all the fields with Spit 1s until a Gold furom member tells you that its now ok to VULCH!!!!!

:devil
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Actually, adding a custom soundpack just requires replacing your old, empty, default Sounds folder with a new Sounds folder(the soundpack).  Only takes a few seconds once the pack is downloaded.

Especially now that all the default sounds are contained in a "low priority" .res file. If you add any custom sounds to the sounds folder, it gets used instead of the one in the .res file.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline BANZAI_SPARKS

• Zinc Member
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
BANZAI_SPARKS here another FAer thought I would give your game a chance,besides i love fighting Vampire,so if you guys can handle some new baby seals there just might be a lot of Banzai coming over.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »
BANZAI_SPARKS here another FAer thought I would give your game a chance,besides i love fighting Vampire,so if you guys can handle some new baby seals there just might be a lot of Banzai coming over.
The more the merrier, I think you'll find the AH community to be a great one and were glad to welcome any refuges from FA.  I know it has to suck losing your game but maybe in the long run you'll come to enjoy AH just as, if not more then FA, so welcome to the sky's of AH. :salute 
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
Welcome to the game gents.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »
You guys are missing what is important for any new person coming to Aces High.  Offline is a great way to get used to the user interface, all the commands, the configuration options, getting sticks setup, testing flight models and a plethora of other things that have to be done before you can actually "play" the game.

Let them take thier time.  There is no rush for them to get online.  They certainly can use the offline missions if they want and when they are ready.

One thing I caution about flying offline is, do not use the external views as a crutch to see what is going on.  That will wreck any chance of you being able to enjoy the game.

I played offline for quite some time (6-8 months) before I actually started to play.  In fact, some of my fondest memories and best pictures lie in that time.  I feel tears of joy welling up just remembering it, I think I'm going to  :cry

-Penguin

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:04 PM »

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2010, 10:10:28 PM »
Noo! I feel, n00bs in the force... strong in numbers, oh lord have mercy!

:noid
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2010, 11:54:36 PM »
Wellcome to all new FA refugees. I moved here from FA back in 02 and never looked back, good friends and a good game. It will take awhile to get used to but it is worth the effort.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #161 on: April 21, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
I do want to see anybody from Fighter Ace III who is trying Aces High 2 out treated with respect and helped to adapt to the controls.  Most people here are good guys, and a few gals, but sometimes the obnoxious ones go the extra mile to be the ones remembered.

I guess this post is for both new players looking into a possible place to continue hanging out with friends, as well as a place to meet new friends, as well as the Aces High players who have been here for years.  Remember, none of us started knowing it all, so lets not play the part of snobbish know-it-alls.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »
Maybe one of you guys from FA can go over there and post in the forums that the majority of us over here aren't bashing FA & would welcome any players from FA over to AH because I saw on your forums that some people think thats the way we all feel when it's really just a couple bad eggs.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:19 AM »
Maybe one of you guys from FA can go over there and post in the forums that the majority of us over here aren't bashing FA & would welcome any players from FA over to AH because I saw on your forums that some people think thats the way we all feel when it's really just a couple bad eggs.
I have noticed the same thing, I think some under the table deal has been done or something of the likes. I remember you could get text banned in WB for even mentioning AHII while playing. Its also frustrating me not being able to reach out to the Australian players who are going to log on and find 3 people online in Australian prime time. Its like someone purposely wants to keep AHII out of the spotlight except for a smear campaign.  :frown:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2010, 03:43:34 AM »

BANZAIIIII!!!!!!!

make sure you bring Bama over too,   I'll help him lots    :t
The Few ***
F.P.H