Author Topic: Why is AH always overlooked?  (Read 6631 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Why is AH always overlooked?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2010, 05:37:19 PM »
well i know you are active a AGW, but let me say, its not that advertising as it could be, because, its your company, so if some of these morons like stiglr throw some s*** in, it would be better to have someone acting without emotions sometimes .....

Again thank you for that wonderful in sight, I value your years and years or experience managing a computer gaming company.Any other extremely great insights you can let me in on?  BTW can you send me a cost benefit analysis of your idea and have it on my desk by Wednesday? Also would you please send me a shovel like the one you have, it appears to be a super shovel with how fast it seams to be digging.

HiTech

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »
i've tried the others, nothing else comes close    :salute
-AoM-

Offline sparow

• Nickel Member
      • http://249sqn.wordpress.com/
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
Coming over from FA

Welcome aboard Fuzz! I hope you enjoy AH and stay around for a long time.

Cya "up there" and here too,

Cheers,
Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"
Consistently beeing shot down since Tour 33 (MA) and Tour 8  (CT/AvA)

Visit us at http://249sqn.wordpress.com/

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
Coming over from FA, that has to be the most ridiculous assertion I have yet read.

welcome  :salute
-AoM-

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2010, 03:12:58 AM »
LOL lets make WWII a four plane set and only have dogfighting and see how many servers are needed  :rofl  Sheez you WWI haters are really getting tiresome.  HTC should NOT be taking a beating for offering a WWI dogfight choice, in a topic that wonders "why HTC is overlooked".

You want to find the best flight sim, find the one that everyone bashes from time to time but keeps playing, I have no doubt that AH will be around as long Hitech, Pyro and gang want it to be and they will run it as they see fit (as it should be) I hope there will be some more addtions to WWI but if not I still will go there for my WWI fix and thank HTC for providing another choice for ZERO extra cost.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Gr8pape

• Copper Member
      • Swamp Revel Computers
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
LOL lets make WWII a four plane set and only have dogfighting and see how many servers are needed  :rofl  Sheez you WWI haters are really getting tiresome.  HTC should NOT be taking a beating for offering a WWI dogfight choice, in a topic that wonders "why HTC is overlooked".

You want to find the best flight sim, find the one that everyone bashes from time to time but keeps playing, I have no doubt that AH will be around as long Hitech, Pyro and gang want it to be and they will run it as they see fit (as it should be) I hope there will be some more addtions to WWI but if not I still will go there for my WWI fix and thank HTC for providing another choice for ZERO extra cost.

DUH! +1,000,000
I would rather try and fail, than not try at all. (paraphrased)
F.D. Roosevelt

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
WWI is still a new born infant IMO. It will just keep growing.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »
Boxboy

You said it best with HiTech and the guys adding on and giving more for free. Now I know I have drawn some people in here just off my Facebook account because I posted a link to it. Also with all the other WW2 flight sims are Ŭou able to submit skins for ingame use? Are you able to build terrains and submit them for ingame use?? Let the haters and dweebs answer those questions.

My hats off to hitech and the gents at Hitech Creations and may I have many more years of addiction to being shot down, blown up and generally pwnd by everyone.

LawnDart :bolt:
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2010, 12:04:40 PM »
"  Why is AH Always overlooked?"                        Is an over generalization.     YOU DO RELIZE... we are all here. So its impossible to be always overlooked.   

I guessing since i have to explain this stuff.. YOur not going to understand.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:43 PM »
Coming over from FA, that has to be the most ridiculous assertion I have yet read.

Welcome sir  :salute
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2010, 02:00:44 PM »
I don't get why more people are not playing in the WW1 , I'm no fighter pilot, really crap at it; but I love how up close and personal  the dogfighting is.  I tell my squadies that for me its like being a kid again wondering what happens if I stick my fingers in a fan....it hurts ...but is so dam fun.
and I can't help keep doing it again and _gain! .....sorry just lost my left hand pinky tip!
999000<S>

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
WW I for me has been a NOOB experience all over! lol....If I even get close to a WW I plane, I suck in the WW II arenas for two weeks!!...I keep trying the "BatfinkV" vertical escape in a CHOG....it no workee.  I just still suck to much to make the easy transition back and forth I guess.  It is a lot of fun though.

V/r

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline goxwerd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »
speaking of which.. Does HTC and more specifically AH2 have a facebook page?  Wouldn't be a bad idea to have screens links to vids etc, Plus helps the search/spam friends factor.

Probably do just haven't looked.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28:15 PM »
I've often wondered about this as well.  I used to get a magazine called "PC Pilot" (or "Computer Pilot, not sure which...), and I remember they ran a series on virtual air combat.  IIRC, the only sims they mentioned were IL2 and Warbirds, as well as self cotained games like MS Combat FLight Sim, etc.  I always got the feeling that they werre going out of their way to NOT mention Aces High in the different gaming magazines I've seen.  I figured that maybe Hi Tech had pi$$ed off the wrong people in the industry or something.

As to what got me into the game, my brother had been telling me about it for years and that I should join, but I never got around to it.  Then one evening I saw an AH commercial on the Aviation history Channel and was amazed!  Called my brother and said "is that the game you've been telling me about?"  Been hooked ever since.  But lately (2010?) it seems like I haven't seen any of the commercials for a long time.  Is it just me, or have they not been airing recently?

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »
Just gave the AHII Wikipedia page a facelift (read: new face).
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ