Author Topic: Why is AH always overlooked?  (Read 6639 times)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
Re: Why is AH always overlooked?
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2010, 06:18:10 AM »
I came across AH looking for an MMORPG to play. It was on a free trials list.

I thought ti was gonna be absolute toejame cause the download was tiny and I'd never heard of it.

Chances are article editor hasn't heard of AH more than anything..

it would be nice if there'd been full arenas 24/7.. and not drop down to 70ish during off hours.. i mean that's quite miniscule for a game of this scale.

i get the whole "family team" development toejam and such... but it sort of makes loyal players suffer...

the slow patches and updates.. the stagnation.. now ww1 splitting the workload more..

..reasons I quit this game. it got boring, and i got tired of paying for something that hardly moved. I remember how damn long i  was waiting for the new terrain, in the end i quit before it even came out.

watch about that one humbleb

i was beaten by bringing up this issue, the ww1 will slow down the ongoing development of the 'main' game, AH2
I know WB very well, the game the playerbase. I worked for years there as an official trainer. I don't think that a lot of FA players will stay at WB.
They have a real big graphical bug, a massive flickering at all computers running a GT200 chipset nvidea card.
Additional they have big warping issues for most european players, so i see more difficulties than strong points for wb. The question is how to attract AH2 at that playerbase.
One real strong point is the fact that there are massive scenarios and different events avaible at AH2. One strong drawback is for new or intrested players the sometimes 'unfriendly' culture of this forum. here we all have to improve to make sure that this game have a good future

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
dhryan, it wasn't that you brought up a question about splitting the development.  It was the fact that you insulted us by saying we weren't talented enough to make a game that looked as good as another game you mentioned.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2010, 10:31:50 AM »
dhryan, it wasn't that you brought up a question about splitting the development.  It was the fact that you insulted us by saying we weren't talented enough to make a game that looked as good as another game you mentioned.

:lol sorry, i don't want to talk it over again, doesen't make sense, just go back to the thread and read it again, i apologized thereabout if anyone of you feels insulted, but no reaction about my sorrow, instead the clubbing goes on.... and at the end i see nowadays 20 players in ww1 and 450 in the ww2 arenas
well, i make my piece about it..... there are so many good point about improving the gameplay brought up on this forums, major and minor. At the end each player decides what he likes to do. WB got its first lack of player when wb 3.0 didn't offered the same strat tlike wb 2.77 did, the next lag of player they got in 2007 when several squads changed over from WB to AH
I my opinion HTC should have a community manager who look over the boarder and try to be active on several forums about dogfight sims. Pushing it a bit more, its not that visible as it could be

cheers
dhyran

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »
:lol sorry, i don't want to talk it over again, doesen't make sense, just go back to the thread and read it again, i apologized thereabout if anyone of you feels insulted, but no reaction about my sorrow, instead the clubbing goes on.... and at the end i see nowadays 20 players in ww1 and 450 in the ww2 arenas
well, i make my piece about it..... there are so many good point about improving the gameplay brought up on this forums, major and minor. At the end each player decides what he likes to do. WB got its first lack of player when wb 3.0 didn't offered the same strat tlike wb 2.77 did, the next lag of player they got in 2007 when several squads changed over from WB to AH
I my opinion HTC should have a community manager who look over the boarder and try to be active on several forums about dogfight sims. Pushing it a bit more, its not that visible as it could be

cheers
dhyran

Thanks for your vast amount of knowledge on running an online game company. Ill get right on that budget re write to afford more employs since my knowledge is limited to only having started and created 2 companies doing only flight sims.

HiTech

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »

One strong drawback is for new or intrested players the sometimes 'unfriendly' culture of this forum. here we all have to improve to make sure that this game have a good future

Why? its not your business? you don't own or work for HTC I can't remember them sending me any money either guess I don't own it. The problem with a forum is a lot of people seem to think they know best, rather than someone who does it for a living and has done for a good while. If it came down to players calling all the shots or HTC I know what one I'd pick.  :salute

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »
lol i swear people would complain if you hung them with a new rope, There doing a great job with the game, its been online for 10+years.. i think they know what there doing by now, the player base seems very loyal and at times critical, but i can understand that at times, but then again some people get alittle carried away with there opinions and well if your that unhappy why play then? we will get what we get when its time, i find nothing wrong with that what so ever, just enjoy the game  gezzz :old:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »
£14 a month is a bargain :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »
Thanks for your vast amount of knowledge on running an online game company. Ill get right on that budget re write to afford more employs since my knowledge is limited to only having started and created 2 companies doing only flight sims.

HiTech

oh come on hitech,

i just gave a repley what people told me, we did a great 15 vs 15 at the eurocon,some didn't fly aces high before, they were realya happy about it, but they read afterwards a bit at the forums, and i just wrote their expression, not less not more
i got no idea you just take every line as an personal attack? As i wrote, i organised that stuff to have fun, but didn't find an excuse why there is so much **** sometimes.

Offline _Ret_Fuzz_

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »

As far as FA is concerned, I would not think the average FA guy is going to be interested in something as complex and challenging as AH.....For this reason they will certainly be more attracted to WBs.  The good news for WBs is that an infusion of 100 new customers would be an huge game saving deal.  In AH thats probably just a weekly swing in membership.

Coming over from FA, that has to be the most ridiculous assertion I have yet read.
"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting".
Curtis Lemay

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2010, 02:44:57 PM »
I firmly believe that my father should be on the payroll. Almost every person he has had a conversation with, from Civil War reenacters to hockey parents, he has advertised Aces High.  :lol
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:55:07 PM by TonyJoey »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2010, 02:46:59 PM »
Thanks son  ;)
-AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

It wasn't about the forums, it was about this.

HiTech

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »
I want a job at HTC!! I can sing like a lark!!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4AvIDJP38

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:22 PM »
Coming over from FA, that has to be the most ridiculous assertion I have yet read.

better get used to it.  We have more crackpots and nutjobs than you can shake a stick at.  Brown nosers,  haters, trolls (don't feed em),  shade accounts,  welcome to the AH forums, sometimes it can be very entertaining just reading some of it over your morning cup of caufee.

AKAK said it best in another thread,   DysFUNctional  family.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »
It wasn't about the forums, it was about this.

HiTech

well i know you are active a AGW, but let me say, its not that advertising as it could be, because, its your company, so if some of these morons like stiglr throw some s*** in, it would be better to have someone acting without emotions sometimes .....