Author Topic: Brand New Player  (Read 2230 times)

Offline RC10B4

• Zinc Member
Brand New Player
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »
Qustions

#1 I need to know what kind of computer gear necessary to enjoy the game and play well.

Where to find the information on how to join the game and play with good etiquette..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Brand New Player
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:01 PM »
Everything you need to know to start is here.

http://www.hitechcreations.com

Offline RC10B4

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
I went over that , still have don't understand... :headscratch:

I will post more specific questions...

Love the game just trying to get more info...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 02:48:56 PM »
I went over that , still have don't understand... :headscratch:

If you click on that big "Get Started" picture, you will get directly to this step-by-step introduction as well as seeong the system requirements: http://www.hitechcreations.com/gs/index.html

Also visit http://trainers.hitechcreations.com
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:05:53 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »
Get out of this game before you start playing it and before you become obsessed with something that makes no sense. Everything about it is a silly cluster twittle.

Don't let this bozo get you down. My guess is never got very good at this game and blames the builders instead of his own short comings. This post is his first since Aug of last year, in which he was bashing management  :rolleyes:

As for your question, download the game, it's free. Install it and try the off-line stuff. The game will try to set it's self to your computer (if you have a weak one some of the extras will be greyed out). once you have tried off-line you'll know how well your computer can handle the game. A half decent middle of the road computer will run it fine. If you have trouble, post questions in the tech thread and some people will try to walk you through the tweaks you can do to get it running as well as it can on your computer.

A joystick is a must though you can fly with a mouse (a few guys are pretty dern good with it too!) but a stick is the better way to go. You can get a cheap stick ($20) at Walmart just to check it out. As long as the stick has a hat switch you can use for your views you should be ok. If money is no object and your sure you want in on flight sims, CH Products is the way to go. $300 will get you the stick, throttle, and pedals to do you up right  :D

First thing to do after you have your gear strait is to READ !!!  The trainers site that Lusche posted has everything you'll need to answer pretty much any question you could have. Posting questions here on the boards is also a great way to get answers, but you'll remember them better if you hunt for the answers your self. Practice off-line. Get good at taking off and landing. Practice shooting the drones over the airfield.

Once you feel a bit more comfortable with everything, log on. The game will ask you to set up an account. Your account name and your handle are two different things. The account name is a private name and password between you and the Hitech Creations, the handle is the name everyone will call you by in the game. Once you have your account set-up gojoin one of the arenas and have fun !!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
If you click on that big "Get Started" picture, you will get directly to this step-by-step introduction as well as seeong the system requirements: http://www.hitechcreations.com/gs/index.html

Also visit http://trainers.hitechcreations.com

I wonder if the wording needs changed.

"Get Started Now" to me sounds like more of a "sign up here" thing than a HELP link.

Maybe replace GSN with "Setup Information" maybe?  (or something similar)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:06:24 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Qustions

#1 I need to know what kind of computer gear necessary to enjoy the game and play well.

Where to find the information on how to join the game and play with good etiquette..

I played AH2 for 4 years with just a mouse and keyboard and done really well with just that.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 06:36:30 PM »
See Rule #4

Well I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but the several thousand of us that still play are having fun! Just because you had a bad experience that is no reason to come in here a trash the game in front of a new player. Let him try it out, let him build his own experiences, let him decide if the game is for him or not.

As to your trouble, not sure if you care, but aim is one of the most difficult things to learn if your NOT a natural hunter. Hunter shoot guns from an early age going hunting with Dad, or Gramps. By the time they are older it become an instinct type of thing and figuring the "lead" in the game is quick and easy for them. Myself, I could most likely count the number of time I shot a gun in my life... all 50+ years of it. My aim is terrible, and has always been so. I too can write my name in the side of planes many nights, but on some of those shots I just KNOW I have the right lead, unload my "G's" and fire a burst and watch a plane just shred apart ! It's not the game, it's the driver. For 10 years now I've been "playing with my food" and seeing many of them get away , but it's due to my aim, and I can admit it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:06:44 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 07:48:24 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:06:59 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline goxwerd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
do you also blame fps games when you can't kill better players than you?  I have a friend like you who blames the game and not themselves when things dont work out.  Have any films of this?

OP: i sent you a lengthy pm about personal starting experiences and some advice since most of what you will read is years old.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
See Rule #4
Funny... ask laz about my 5 kill runs with a MkI hurri in the DA no rearm.
1. Force vsync on
2. Fire at convergence
3. In cannon bird fire cannon only when going for kill shot. Use secondary weapon to "spook" target. That way you dont confuse mg splash for cannon.

Ohh and post some film I'd love to see example of this uber gunnery.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:07:14 AM by Skuzzy »
See Rule #4

Offline boomerlu

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 12:05:03 AM »
See Rule #4
You may have quit before I started but... I have NEVER had this type of experience. If I put a good cannon burst into any plane, it is going down. And by that I mean, I put a good # of rounds that ACTUALLY HIT. You cannot blame programming for not getting your rounds to land.

Now... if solid # of your rounds DO land but nothing happens... that would be the programming. But again, I've never had this.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:07:29 AM by Skuzzy »
boomerlu
JG11

Air Power rests at the apex of the first triad of victory, for it combines mobility, flexibility, and initiative.

Offline BERN1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 06:17:50 AM »
also a newb here ,where can i find stick maps for a microsoft FFB 2?