Author Topic: How do old time players feel...  (Read 2670 times)

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
How do old time players feel...
« on: April 24, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
about the direction the game is going?  Am I the only old time player that misses the single arena, the fighter town? How about the massive 50+ player missions, and the amazing maps with no arena cap?  Personally I thought the game was 100x better seven years ago when I first started.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How do old time players feel...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
Seeing how I am not a fan of tardtastic Tuesdays...  :t
See Rule #4

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »
Main arena split: Awe... /sad face.
Arena caps: OMG WTF. Do not want!
ToD: LOL...
Graphic Update: W00T!
New damage model: W00T!
WWI: Meh.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:58:18 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
donut
-AoM-

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 07:58:31 PM »
Miss the single MA.
Miss H2H
Love the way the graphics have improved.
Wish the older planes & GVs would get updated sometime. (Weird playing a game where different planes cover such a spectrum modeling-wise)
Not addicted like I used to be, but still try to jump on for a lil bit most nights.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline SpinMan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
2 Cents,

The community here certainly seems divided in opinion as to what is prefered "best for all".  I personally prefer the larger arenas.  Just tried to log in tonight to snatch a few stolen moments before being called back out to work to fly and I have been met with 270 of 200 in my prefered flying arena and dropping into the other arena "blue" met with a +20 eny.  My personal life no longer affords me the time to become a top 10 ace so now im happy just sticking with a few select not overly difficult rides for my subscription.  Eny 15+ pretty much leaves me no option other than to not fly at all, change countries or struggle frustratingly flying a p51b and get ALOT of assists:).  Im sure Skuzzy and the gang can come to some better middle ground than what currently exists....raise the limit to how many can fly in each arena, allow the community to decide where they wish to fly dont restrict them.  If you hate titanic tues well the option exists to fly in the arena with fewer numbers, those who enjoy larger scale arenas and less chance of ENY becoming a nuisance also have the option of flying with larger numbers....Is it me or does this seem like the most common sence approach for a fair for all community.  Id prefer to have choice for my subscription instead of being dictated where and what I fly.

Spin
Anyone can defend themselves...Only the BEST can defend the bombers!
Otto-Ghecko-Salamander-SpinMan

<<<Anyone Can Defend Themselves!  Only The Best Can Defend The Bombers>>>

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 08:07:18 PM »
I enjoyed it back then when I got time to fly.  I enjoy it now when I get time to fly.  No problem with the direction things are going as long as the air to air doesn't disappear.  I could care less who wins the 'war'. 

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
Miss the single MA.
Miss H2H
Wish the older planes & GVs would get updated sometime. (Weird playing a game where different planes cover such a spectrum modeling-wise)
Not addicted like I used to be, but still try to jump on for a lil bit most nights.

I really miss the old LWM with no player caps. The gameplay was balanced and I was able find all different types of battles over the map. The gameplay was much faster paced and challenging back then. But hey-ho, what do I know.

Shame.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:17:59 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
I must be happy with it. I am still here.  :D

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »
about the direction the game is going?  Am I the only old time player that misses the single arena, the fighter town? How about the massive 50+ player missions, and the amazing maps with no arena cap?  Personally I thought the game was 100x better seven years ago when I first started.

-BigBOBCH

i miss getting paid  to play

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 09:41:47 PM »
Things really haven't changed much at all in terms of game play. People just always seem to think things were better in the past.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:35 PM »
Miss the single MA.
Miss H2H
Couldn't agree more.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 10:27:03 PM »
Things really haven't changed much at all in terms of game play. People just always seem to think things were better in the past.

Yep same great game. I just can't see as well as I could nine years ago.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 10:31:23 PM »
I miss just having one MA. Yes the arena could have upwards of 300-500 players online but it was fun as hell. Always a fight to be had

Also I miss all the old maps that were in circulation in AH1. Last time I played, the new maps just arent as fun as the older ones.

Honestly, if there was a separare server where AH1 was running and that was based on the old map rotation, arena settings, and other things before it was switched to AH2, I would renew my subscription just for that by itself. I didnt see anything wrong with AH1, it was just fine to me.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 10:43:33 PM »
I dont mind the arena split. Actually Im neither here nor there about having 2 MA's.

But I dont particularly appreciate the Caps.
2 Arenas are fine. Though I'd still favor a theater of operations specific arenas 1 Euro and 1 Pacific with the two merging for Titanic tues

In either case  I think its the players that should decide where they want to fly.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty