Author Topic: Tank Flipping..........Eliminate  (Read 9518 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Tank Flipping..........Eliminate
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
Fugitive, imagine this. Imagine if there was a glitch in this game that caused you to crash to desktop every time you rolled left more than 45 degrees in a P-51.

Rolling left is an essential part of aerial combat manuevering. Would it be challenging to fly without rolling left? Very. But wouldn't it be more challenging if that bug got fixed and you could actually be challenged properly by flying against other players?

Now, back to what we have with tank flipping. It is a glitch that ends your tank sortie whenever you brush up against shrubbery the wrong way.

Getting in and around shrubbery is an essential part of ground combat. Is it challenging to have to avoid these unrealistically imposed obstacles? Very. But wouldn't it be more challenging if this bug got fixed and we could actually test our skills properly against other tankers?

There is enough challenge in this game based on plane/vehicle matchups, historical tactics and weaponry, and the base capture dynamic. Sure, I guess I would admit that avoiding having your tank flipped on a sapling is "challenging", but I argue that having sorties ended via flipping, in a completely...

a) unrealistic
b) inanimate (no other human player involved)
c) unexpected

..way, just takes another human player away from the true challenge, and the true reason we play this game: encountering other human players on the battlefield.

And as a side note, nobody is whining about trees. And ESPECIALLY nobody will be complaining once the hills come back, their re-arrival actually been overwhelmingly requested by experienced ingame tankers.

Nobody is asking for "easy mode". We are asking that a glitch that takes people OUT of human-to-human encounters be fixed, to foster human-to-human gameplay. Even if it was a legitimate non-human challenge, such as minefields, many would still oppose it. But these are BUSHES.

You are obviously hell bent on your opinion (did you write the terrain code that has the tank flipping glitch?) so I'm not going to post further to try to convince you, I just hope you can see the other side of the argument without grouping us all as easymoding whiners.

Well put trotter, I couldn't have said it better myself and exactly why I made this post in the beginning.   :cheers:
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
Fugitive, imagine this. Imagine if there was a glitch in this game that caused you to crash to desktop every time you rolled left more than 45 degrees in a P-51.

Rolling left is an essential part of aerial combat manuevering. Would it be challenging to fly without rolling left? Very. But wouldn't it be more challenging if that bug got fixed and you could actually be challenged properly by flying against other players?

OK first flipping a tank doesn't crash you to desk top so we have to adjust your example.....

If rolling a pony more than 45 degrees to the left caused a wing loss  :D I would find it more challenging to fight with it like that....can I ride that edge close enough without loosing it? It would be too easy to be able to roll it all the way around, almost like cheating. If that was how the pony was modeled it would be the way I fly it.

As for the tank vs bush I don't know if its a glitch or a hazard. I've never seen HTC post saying it was a glitch and they would address it "when ever". For all we know its a hazard and you guys are all whining about something that isn't going to be changed... like dynamic caps  :P

All I'm saying is to learn to work WITH it instead of crying about it.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
OK first flipping a tank doesn't crash you to desk top so we have to adjust your example.....

If rolling a pony more than 45 degrees to the left caused a wing loss  :D I would find it more challenging to fight with it like that....can I ride that edge close enough without loosing it? It would be too easy to be able to roll it all the way around, almost like cheating. If that was how the pony was modeled it would be the way I fly it.

As for the tank vs bush I don't know if its a glitch or a hazard. I've never seen HTC post saying it was a glitch and they would address it "when ever". For all we know its a hazard and you guys are all whining about something that isn't going to be changed... like dynamic caps  :P

All I'm saying is to learn to work WITH it instead of crying about it.

I bet your not married Fugitive, I bet you always think your right  :rofl
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »

I bet your not married Fugitive, I bet you always think your right  :rofl

Been married for almost 30 years to the same lovely woman.

I'm not "fighting" here to say I'm right, I'm just trying to point out a different way to look at things. You can be one of the guys that keeps running into bushes and get flipped over, or you can be one of the guys that get good at getting close, but not too close and use it to beat the other guys.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 02:43:09 AM »

I'm not "fighting" here to say I'm right, I'm just trying to point out a different way to look at things. You can be one of the guys that keeps running into bushes and get flipped over, or you can be one of the guys that get good at getting close, but not too close and use it to beat the other guys.

man, u are fiting tooth and nail.  we get your point, now get ours too  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 05:39:05 AM »

I had you pinged for a loner Fugitive, I understand your point but like semp says your stubborn.  I don't expect you to change your opinion but I know you have to see how we would like the bush flipping fixed.  5min drive in a tank to go in between 2 trees, hit a small bush or rub a tree and you flip.  So now it's another 5 min. drive total of 10 minutes of doing nothing to get frustrated.  (Convoys come out of nowhere and most of the time they hit you in the side and you don't even see them.  That's the reason I wished they would take flipping completely out of the game.  Make us put it in reverse I'm all good with that but don't make us end sortie.  It's a valid wish and everyone in the discussion hopes for the same in the future besides maybe you.  Congrats on 30 years  :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 09:00:19 AM »
man, u are fiting tooth and nail.  we get your point, now get ours too  :D.

semp

I understand your points, I get it, it sucks to drive 5 minutes only to get flipped by a bush. All I'm saying is avoid the bush, it's not a hard fix.

I hate it when I aim in front of a plane and fire and I miss. I wish HTC would fix the "aiming bug" so my rounds would hit! I fly for 15 minutes and out maneuver the bad guy and then I can't hit him. Then I have to do it all again because he got me.

If bushes are an obsticial, why wish for something that isn't going to be "fixed" like my "aiming bug".

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
Just think of it as a booby trapped bush. Bring back the sheep.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »
If bushes are an obsticial, why wish for something that isn't going to be "fixed" like my "aiming bug".

I guess that's the fundamental difference in opinion here. I tend to believe that bushes are not an intentional obsticle, but rather a glitch in the terrain code that has gone ignored because this is primarily an air combat game.

You believe that they are intentionally designed to flip you.

Unless HT weighs in, who is to say who is correct. I would agree with you that it's not something worth complaining about if bush flipping was intentionally designed into the game as an obsticle. I just happen to believe that it wasn't.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »
We all play with in the same parameters, that's all that should matter.

WHAT IF your P-38 crashed any time you flew near a cloud? Even a tiny one could rip your wings off and break your prop.

Would you say "ummm HiTech, something isn't right. Thin clouds shouldn't tear aircraft apart just from flying near them. Can we get a fix for this?"

or would you say "well, clouds are bad in this game. Learn to fly better and don't fly near clouds. Anyone who asks for realistic clouds is a moron."

I know which side of the above you stand on when it comes to tanks, trees and shrubbery. And in my opinion your position on it is about the stupidest thing I've read in a while.  But if that's how you feel, more power to ya. THE REST OF US would like small trees and shrubbery that are not more powerful than a main battle tank. :aok
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline whels

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »
ive drove tanks more in Ah than most will. I can count on 2 hands the times a tree/bush has flipped me over. why? cause i know not to run into them.  Fix ur driving. Quit trying to get HT to make it easier than it already is.

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:19 PM »
WHAT IF your P-38 crashed any time you flew near a cloud? Even a tiny one could rip your wings off and break your prop.

Would you say "ummm HiTech, something isn't right. Thin clouds shouldn't tear aircraft apart just from flying near them. Can we get a fix for this?"

or would you say "well, clouds are bad in this game. Learn to fly better and don't fly near clouds. Anyone who asks for realistic clouds is a moron."

Exactly

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2010, 12:58:06 AM »

I know which side of the above you stand on when it comes to tanks, trees and shrubbery. And in my opinion your position on it is about the stupidest thing I've read in a while.  But if that's how you feel, more power to ya. THE REST OF US would like small trees and shrubbery that are not more powerful than a main battle tank. :aok

That happens to my 38 all the time.  What's the big deal?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2010, 01:37:19 AM »
ive drove tanks more in Ah than most will. I can count on 2 hands the times a tree/bush has flipped me over. why? cause i know not to run into them.  Fix ur driving. Quit trying to get HT to make it easier than it already is.
What exactly is easy about not having to deal with an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place? I don't spend that much time in GV's and I have only been flipped twice by a bush...problem is it's completely random what bushes will flip you...some will just stop you, others you can drive through/over...depends on what map is running and where you are on the map. The thing is if the aircraft operate in an unrealistic manner people squeal like it's armageddon until the issue is fixed...this is an unrealistic issue that should be fixed if possible...but there are still some who want to act like they know something and tell people to "fix ur driving"...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:39:57 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2010, 01:49:02 AM »
I drove around today in a Tiger and purposely hit every tree that was in front of me, ran into every hedge/bush and all it did was stop me cold and never did flip my tank.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song