Author Topic: Why does this community........  (Read 7546 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Why does this community........
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »
Corollary: People who call themselves by names that start with the handle "wild" have a way of getting out of hand.

:rofl
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
Lute you and Bronk are so far off it's pathetic...someone else posted data and he said the data seemed faulty when compared to the very easily found data from other countries...I didn't see Lute, BaldEagl, Bronk and a couple of others post any evidence to contradict his opinions...even ignored what Krusty was saying in spite of the fact that he started out agreeing with Thor...

So give it a break, unless you guys have suddenly become experts and have the evidence to back it up.
Baumer posted data and HT stated he's look into it. Yet youknowho still couldn't come up with anything. I wont contradict an opinion because it's just that... an opinion.
I commend sticking up for a friend but cmon.  :rolleyes:
See Rule #4

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2010, 04:57:19 PM »
This is Hitechs first response to Thorsim.

Thorsim: Welcome to our board.

It appears to me from your post you are doing two classic mistakes when looking into modeling.

1. It appears to me you are showing a bias in wishing the planes you like to be better then they are.
2. You are looking for data to support you position rather than looking for data to find out what your position should be.

HiTech

Hitech nailed it. Thorsim never learned one thing on this board. Hitech showed incredible patience explaining and refuting everything Thorsim posted. Thorsim pays him back by slamming him on the WB BB. Kilo wants to know why the drama queen doesn't love us and Hitech tells him to look in the mirror. Kilo doesn't get it and gets all drama queen on Hitech.

Hitech rocks.   :rock

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »

It appears to me from your post you are doing two classic mistakes when looking into modeling.

1. It appears to me you are showing a bias in wishing the planes you like to be better then they are.
2. You are looking for data to support you position rather than looking for data to find out what your position should be.

HiTech

Hitech nailed it. Thorsim never learned one thing on this board. Hitech showed incredible patience explaining and refuting everything Thorsim posted. Thorsim pays him back by slamming him on the WB BB. Kilo wants to know why the drama queen doesn't love us and Hitech tells him to look in the mirror. Kilo doesn't get it and gets all drama queen on Hitech.

Hitech rocks.   :rock
:aok
See Rule #4

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
Baumer posted data and HT stated he's look into it. Yet youknowho still couldn't come up with anything. I wont contradict an opinion because it's just that... an opinion.
I commend sticking up for a friend but cmon.  :rolleyes:
That was Baumer...Saurdaukar and many others did too...now go and read the posts by Lute, BaldEagl and yourself...I don't see anything that contributes to that thread by either of you guys.

HiTech

Hitech rocks.   :rock
News flash FLS...in case you have been missing the posts...Thor isn't the only one who does exactly that or has done it on these boards.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:08:14 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
That was Baumer...Saurdaukar and many others did too...now go and read the posts by Lute, BaldEagl and yourself...I don't see anything that contributes to that thread by either of you guys.

And so that justifies his crusade against HT, Skuzzy, AH and this entire community on the WB BBs?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »
Lute you and Bronk are so far off it's pathetic...someone else posted data and he said the data seemed faulty when compared to the very easily found data from other countries...

Data that Thorsim repeatedly did not produce and when pressed, his 'data' was nothing more than pilot stories or what he saw on Wings of the Luftwaffe and some other show on the History Channel.  

Another classic example of 'thorism' was the thread on flaps when he argued the flaps on the P-38 was not modeled correctly, especially the dive flaps.  In that thread, it became clear his misunderstanding of the dive flaps was a result of him not knowing how the dive flaps worked and continued to argue they worked as 'dive brakes' slowing the P-38 enough to be able to pull out of a high speed dive.

While I didn't agree that he should have gotten a PNG (even a temporary one), he did bring it upon himself.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
Gyrene is starting to sound like he's on Wild Bill's payroll. :neener:
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
And so that justifies his crusade against HT, Skuzzy, AH and this entire community on the WB BBs?
Never said that. But looking just at that one thread, there are several responses posted that if had Thor written those words...they would be "see rule #"...yet there they sit even now.

Data that Thorsim repeatedly did not produce and when pressed, his 'data' was nothing more than pilot stories or what he saw on Wings of the Luftwaffe and some other show on the History Channel.

ack-ack
Ok unfortunately he does use some references that aren't acceptable for obvious reasons...and sometimes he mistakenly considers test data as irrefutable proof. I've seen a good number of posts by other people who have done the same thing...including using "pilot testimony" that was for some reason not slammed as irrelevant.

Gyrene is starting to sound like he's on Wild Bill's payroll. :neener:
:O LOL...yeah even after I posted how bad his terrains and flight models sucked and got banned...he's paying me under the table.  :rofl
jarhed  

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2010, 05:22:16 PM »
seeing thors posts on the WBs forums makes me chuckle, almost want to flame him every chance I get but who knows.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »

News flash FLS...in case you have been missing the posts...Thor isn't the only one who does exactly that or has done it on these boards.

That's certainly a dramatic irrelevant datum.  But it's nice of you to post that you agree with me.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2010, 05:28:01 PM »

Unlike Thorsim I know and understand my limitations and knowledge.

I CAN grasp most of the concepts involved in those threads though and I was  (usually) able to follow the conversation.

I never claimed to be have more than the most tenuous grasp on the math and physics involved in those threads and I knew I had very little I could add that wasn't already explained much, MUCH better than I could ever hope to by people that are much, MUCH more knowledgeable.

What always killed me about Thorsim is he was asking for "expert sources" to people that, in most circles, ARE considered experts.

Heck, the people that were debating him have a much more impressive background/resume in the subject matter than anybody he used as a "source".
(imho)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
That's certainly a dramatic irrelevant datum.  But it's nice of you to post that you agree with me.
You're right it's probably irrelevant and I can't disagree with the point you made.

Thing is Thor may not be able to prove his observations about the FMs, but unfortunately you all have clearly proven his point about the AH community/boards...which considering how frequently it is illustrated here is highly amusing.
jarhed  

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »
you all have clearly proven his point about the AH community/boards...which considering how frequently it is illustrated here is highly amusing.
Yes we bash luftwhiner/amifanbios/spitdweebs ..ect...ect.. ect equaly when they do as thor does.
See Rule #4

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2010, 05:38:46 PM »
If something isn't getting bashed, there is something wrong with the world.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27