Author Topic: Why does this community........  (Read 7441 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Why does this community........
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
:O LOL...yeah even after I posted how bad his terrains and flight models sucked and got banned...he's paying me under the table.  :rofl

Your misdirection ruse might fool some of these simple folk but, to me, this is just further evidence of how truly diabolical you are, Wild "Gyrene" Bill.

There, I've outed him.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2010, 08:31:09 PM »
I haven't been banned this year........  yet!   :aok

I managed not to get banned from the forums during nine years of......................

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2010, 08:37:25 PM »
When was I "all drama queen".

I think hitech was off base with his comment but that is his opinion.

And thorism is not the only one to voice a distaste with the ah community. Having flown with thorsim I can tell you he is a great guy.

"Thank you for your insight and adding to this conversation." This was sarcasm used for dramatic effect, hence "drama queen". Granted it wasn't in the same league as the other person I referred to. Since you think Hitech was off base I won't ask you to consider why he thought it was appropriate.

Personally I don't understand why we should care what somebody somewhere else says about us. Since you read the posts at the WB BB it should have been plain to you that it had nothing to do with their community vs our community. It was a few people preaching to the choir while ignoring the occasional voice of reason. The idea that the community is somehow responsible for a minority of the people posting is ludicrous. That's why my initial posts on this thread weren't serious. The whole thing was so silly. When I thought gyrene was off base I posted to set him straight but it turns out he agrees with me.   :D  Nobody likes to see their friends get bashed even when they deserve it so I understand gyrene's position. He's just a little hotheaded.  After all most people can be critical without getting banned.  :devil

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2010, 09:17:06 PM »
"Thank you for your insight and adding to this conversation." This was sarcasm used for dramatic effect, hence "drama queen". Granted it wasn't in the same league as the other person I referred to. Since you think Hitech was off base I won't ask you to consider why he thought it was appropriate.

Personally I don't understand why we should care what somebody somewhere else says about us. Since you read the posts at the WB BB it should have been plain to you that it had nothing to do with their community vs our community. It was a few people preaching to the choir while ignoring the occasional voice of reason. The idea that the community is somehow responsible for a minority of the people posting is ludicrous. That's why my initial posts on this thread weren't serious. The whole thing was so silly. When I thought gyrene was off base I posted to set him straight but it turns out he agrees with me.   :D  Nobody likes to see their friends get bashed even when they deserve it so I understand gyrene's position. He's just a little hotheaded.  After all most people can be critical without getting banned.  :devil

Don't get questioning why somebody or people think something and caring mixed. I do not care what they think I just wanted to know why and a discussion about it. Hitech commented something about me so I commented back. I really thanked him for his insight and moved on.

Maybe you took it the wrong way. Critically discussing something is never bad.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2010, 01:32:01 AM »
I use a Mac....and play AH.   

i would love to use my mac for the game, what OS do you use?

froger
frogs are people too

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »
Don't get questioning why somebody or people think something and caring mixed. I do not care what they think I just wanted to know why and a discussion about it. Hitech commented something about me so I commented back. I really thanked him for his insight and moved on.

Maybe you took it the wrong way. Critically discussing something is never bad.

I'm sorry if we had a misunderstanding. Since you believe I was off base I'll assume you're thankful for my insight and contribution and say you're welcome.   :cheers:

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2010, 06:50:04 AM »

froger

If you run Bootcamp on your Mac, you can run AH in bootcamp (essentially Windows)
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »

froger

I use OS X... I can get you a specific version when I get home.

My mini runs AH on a Windows XP SP2 - FLAWLESSLY. The frame rate is apulse-like 75 consistently. I've been named "squadron lookout" as well since I typically spot cons well before any of my squaddies. They keep asking me what my graphics card is. I'm not sure if it's that or the Samsung monitor I'm using but, either way, I think it hard to go wrong Maccing it. My former AH machine has been handed over to the wife. 
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »
If any new or non player is reading this thread, this is the Aces High community when it really counts:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,288401.0.html

:salute my bruthas & sistas
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus