Author Topic: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...  (Read 8838 times)

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
Re: HiTech, your thoughs about removing Titanic Tuesday...
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »
u sure that was 2% or .02%? Considering the entire AH player base combined (active or inactive) wouldnt amount to 2% of entire MMO players currently online playing their respective games.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2010, 11:31:12 PM »
I documented a 4 hour wait and sent it to Hitech. I've had no reply to date. This happens more often than you'd imagine. I can open and close AH repeatedly trying to find a point where I can get in and the arena where you guys are will range in anything from the exact cap to 50 over the cap. It is not isolated. I got discoed yesterday and then gave up trying to get back in when the same thing happened for 20 minutes.

In all my years of dying in AH, I've never not been able to get into an arena.  If the squaddies are that important, maybe they'll move for you. 

Conversation on squad usually goes something like this.

"Hows the fight in Blue?  It's looking kinda poor in Orange"

"Got a good fight between two fields here.  Come on over."

Next thing you know, I've got wingmen.

If you are sitting around for 4 hours waiting to get into a particular arena, I'd suggest the problem lies with you and not HTC.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2010, 11:34:02 PM »
In all my years of dying in AH, I've never not been able to get into an arena.  If the squaddies are that important, maybe they'll move for you. 

Conversation on squad usually goes something like this.

"Hows the fight in Blue?  It's looking kinda poor in Orange"

"Got a good fight between two fields here.  Come on over."

Next thing you know, I've got wingmen.

If you are sitting around for 4 hours waiting to get into a particular arena, I'd suggest the problem lies with you and not HTC.

I used to have this stance also Corky, except when I tried to play mid day and realized that when the caps initiate, there are problems when the masses don't fill up Blue like good lemmings should.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
u sure that was 2% or .02%? Considering the entire AH player base combined (active or inactive) wouldnt amount to 2% of entire MMO players currently online playing their respective games.
I doubt AH could survive with much less than 0.2% of WoW's subscriber base, putting WoW at 11,000,000 and I know WoW is more than 10% of the MMO market.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »

I'm talking about the whole "mmo combat flight sim genre" and not just AH. It could have been 0.2%, I'll need to recheck. But it's a pretty bloody low %.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:41:07 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »
Done that. Doesn't work either.

Works for me. Usually in no more then 3-4 tries.

Must be a conspiracy against you then  ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:43 AM »
I documented a 4 hour wait and sent it to Hitech. I've had no reply to date. This happens more often than you'd imagine. I can open and close AH repeatedly trying to find a point where I can get in and the arena where you guys are will range in anything from the exact cap to 50 over the cap. It is not isolated. I got discoed yesterday and then gave up trying to get back in when the same thing happened for 20 minutes.

Have you ever thought that HTC just doesn't like you.  :neener:

I've never waited for more than 10 minutes to get into the most populated arena.  And If I can't get to my "squaddies" on "squad night" they usually switch arenas like good "squaddies" and friends would do.....

just saying

#S#

Banshee7
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline wgmount

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2010, 01:10:02 AM »
I have searched for an explanation for the arena caps in the forums but it says I am not allowed to see that.

I know on tuesdays you run just 1 LW Arena and it works fine for me. I was just wondering why the arena caps. I logged on about 1300 CDT today and in Orange around 265 people with it capped at 100. Blue had like 50 people and a cap of 150. This week I like the map in orange a little better because I have become addicted to shooting tanks and it offers a better spot for GV battles. Just curious as to the arena caps and can't find the explanation in another thread or don't know the correct words to use to search. I typed arena caps and it said the thread had been removed or I wasn't allowed to see it.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."- H.L. Mencken

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2010, 01:23:27 AM »
Works for me. Usually in no more then 3-4 tries.

Must be a conspiracy against you then  ;)

I'm not suggesting it is and it doesn't happen very often, maybe once a month, but it's usually that day I've gotten up at 3am to join a squadnite. It's really frustrating to sit there dutifully bouncing in and out of arenas then opening and shutting AH only to see the caps get worse.

It. Still. Pisses. Me. Off.

Banshee - don't be a knob. You know 71 Sqn are good guys. As I said earlier I don't see why I should drag them out of an arena that has decent fights going into an under-populated one that might have a fight going somewhere if the 20 other people in it don't all log because their milk running is now threatened. It's my issue not 10-30 other guy's problem.
Retired

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2010, 04:57:54 AM »
I used to have this stance also Corky, except when I tried to play mid day and realized that when the caps initiate, there are problems when the masses don't fill up Blue like good lemmings should.
Hard reset at cap change.
See Rule #4

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2010, 08:14:35 AM »
In regards to the whole cesspool thing...  Are there significantly more mutings and reports on Tuesday than other days?
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2010, 08:23:02 AM »
When I came over from fighter ace years ago, I was blown away by the huge arena.  It was good fun and one of the reasons I came over.  I think arena caps although theoretically a good idea, are poorly implemented.  It's just not fun to have to wait to get into an arena where your squad mates are. I'm sure there's a creative way to get the best of both worlds, but I haven't a clue what it would be.

+1  :aok
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:06 AM »
I find this to be an intriguing question...  But then again, who really uses Report other than to screw over people's chat privs?

In regards to the whole cesspool thing...  Are there significantly more mutings and reports on Tuesday than other days?

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2010, 09:51:01 AM »
boys...boys...boys...

I have solved this issue already....no need to tear apart the fabric that makes this board...and this game..what it is.

WHEREAS, on this 24th day of May, 2010, it has been agreed that there will be two NEW Full-Time operational Arena's:

(i) A "Skilled-Aces" Arena capped at 50. (for the purists and jaded game vets)

and..

(iii) A "Crush-Kill-Destroy" Arena capped at 800. (for those of us that love the mayhem on Tuesday's....but now require that we get it whenever we want it)

This issue is now solved.......please move on.

I'M Here To Help.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:52:51 AM by ZetaNine »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »
what if theres more than 50 "skilled Aces" that want access? as far as the giant arena with the 800 cap,  no thanks you play there,the hordes would ruin that in no time
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch