Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 5841 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Collisions
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:08 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjm2ntjkzwz

Why didn't his wing break off if there's no lag in offline? :confused:

You do understand that the drones are not real planes? That is why they continue to fly AFTER you have shot all the wings off? Also, if a "head shot" on the pilot  didn't make planes explode you would never be able to shoot down the drones?

Totally different set-up.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
Tec that is brilliant.

:aok
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
 :rofl :rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »

You do understand that the drones are not real planes? That is why they continue to fly AFTER you have shot all the wings off? Also, if a "head shot" on the pilot  didn't make planes explode you would never be able to shoot down the drones?

Totally different set-up.
Yea,they obviously don't have a FM but,they have a DM don't they? Because, when you shoot them their wing comes off.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2010, 01:53:01 PM »
Yea,they obviously don't have a FM but,they have a DM don't they? Because, when you shoot them their wing comes off.

A DM that is just giving you some sort of graphical feedback for target practice purposes.
But still, you can't use them to make any point on online collision modeling.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
LMFAO Tec.  That will probably find its way in every collision thread till the end of time nao.  Nice work.   :aok
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 02:35:48 PM by grizz441 »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »
LOL!
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2010, 03:08:26 PM »

But they do not have any type of collision model.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
The lag theory to this can't be true. I only live 65 miles from the servers and i have a ping that stays between 30 - 45.
For that matter it rarely gets above the 30's. So I'm not buying that at all. If its lag then I should be the one that flies away from these collision without so much as a scratch.
Not vice versa.

Killer it is not a theory, I am god the creator, god does not create theories I create laws of the universe. You are playing in my universe, so if I were you I would believe that god is all knowing and all power full when it comes to his universe.

P.S. If you do not believe in god, no problem because after you disappear, all will be null and void to you as in rm -r * from \ as root.

PPS, thinking in 3 time dimensions is so much fun. Question can 2 objects occupy the same space? Of course they can, but they must do there occupations at different times.

HiTech

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2010, 03:37:20 PM »
Killer it is not a theory, I am god the creator, god does not create theories I create laws of the universe. You are playing in my universe, so if I were you I would believe that god is all knowing and all power full when it comes to his universe.

P.S. If you do not believe in god, no problem because after you disappear, all will be null and void to you as in rm -r * from \ as root.

PPS, thinking in 3 time dimensions is so much fun. Question can 2 objects occupy the same space? Of course they can, but they must do there occupations at different times.

HiTech

The god of this universe may be all knowing and all powerful, but he still can't spell. :neener:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »
But they do not have any type of collision model.

HiTech
That explains it then. I guess it is lag my bomber and the guy that rammed me actually went down today. I haven't had this kind of collison lag problem in any other game I've played...Maybe the server and everyone in it just wasn't lagging.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2010, 05:17:03 PM »
Brilliant tec. Brillant. May that flowchart forever be with us.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2010, 07:20:30 PM »
That explains it then. I guess it is lag my bomber and the guy that rammed me actually went down today. I haven't had this kind of collison lag problem in any other game I've played...Maybe the server and everyone in it just wasn't lagging.

Maybe those other games don't have a collision code added to them at all.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2010, 08:36:43 PM »
Maybe those other games don't have a collision code added to them at all.

+1 to The Fugitive

What other games?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2010, 09:55:27 PM »
Most other online games I've played are actually played on a server.  One guy hosts, all others play in his world.  Therefore what one guy sees, everyone sees.

AH is played on your machine, not the server.  The AH "server" is only a communication hub, the game does not actually run on it.  So what one guy sees is not necessarily what other people are seeing at that point in time.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."