Author Topic: Skill Or Heridity  (Read 3801 times)

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
Skill Or Heridity
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:42:34 PM »
Some know how i fly in aces high. Today i went throught the CAF airchives and discovered i am the great great grandson to 2 twins who were the number 2 and # 3 men in the original Thunderbirds Squadron flying in the late 1940's. the first plane they used was the p-47 Which was  my favorite plane and i could do a lot in. Then moved on the p-80's and so on to the jets they fly today. So I'm asking do you think I'm skilled or have i inherited the genes of 2 early genoration Pattillo's who happen to be combat pilots out of WWII.

Note: if u do not think I'm telling the truth look up thunderbirds original members there will be twins who last names are Pattillo. My last name is pattillo and we traced in the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) archives all the way to members in my family.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:48:37 PM by lilsquid »
Freedom is strangely ephemeral. It is something like breathing; one only becomes acutely aware of its importance when one is choking. - William E. Simon

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
Re: Skill Or Heridity
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
Some know how i fly in aces high. Today i went thought the CAF airchives and discovered i am the great great grandson to 2 twins who were the number 2 and # 3 men in the original Thunderbirds Squadron flying in the late 1940's. the first plane they used was the p-47 Which was  my favorite plane and i could do a lot in. Then moved on the p-80's and so on to the jets they fly today. So I'm asking do you think I'm skilled or have i inherited the genes of 2 early genoration Pattillo's who happen to be combat pilots out of WWII.

Note: if u do not think I'm telling the truth look up thunderbirds original members there will be twins who last names are Pattillo. My last name is pattillo and we traced in the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) archives all the way to members in my family.

Yes we know of Bill and Buck but the Tbirds were formed in 1953 and the first birds were F-80 then moved to the f-86. Besides, Genetics have nothing to do with it

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:55:34 PM »
Yes we know of Bill and Buck but the Tbirds were formed in 1953 and the first birds were F-80 then moved to the f-86. Besides, Genetics have nothing to do with it

I disagree. The gene pool is a very delicate thing. Your DNA has traces to the first man. It is very possible that you can inherit genes from your great great relatives. You  See genes get carried from genoration to genoration.You dont know it but you will allways have a connection in your gene pool to your ancestors. It is very possible that i inherited genes from them.
Freedom is strangely ephemeral. It is something like breathing; one only becomes acutely aware of its importance when one is choking. - William E. Simon

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »
Apparently, you didn't inherit spelling genes from generations past.   :D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
Apparently, you didn't inherit spelling genes from generations past.   :D
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl... :furious
were pilots we not teachers dot and nope!  :lol 

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »
My grandfather flew C-141's and KC-97s, and O-2's in the 'Nam era, but he was also a great AH pilot back in '67. I guess the genes didn't get passed down though. :(
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 07:01:49 PM »
The first Thunderbirds show was in 1953 flying the F-86G Thunderjet, the Thunderbirds never flew P-47's.  Your relatives were picked because of the time they spent flying with the Sky Blazers in Europe in the late '40s flying P-80Bs.  On a side note, your relatives also didn't fly the P-47s as both flew P-51s during the war with the 8th AF's 352nd Fighter Group and then P-80s after the war with the 36th Wing.

It's cool that you have such relatives in your family tree but not to be mean or anything but I think it's safe to say that the only 'gene' you inherited from them was a love of aviation.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
 First off this would be better in the Oclub but by me saying that I broke a rule....sry Skuz!

Secondly you may have the Genes of your relatives but that in no way means you have the hours of training that they went through,So I say it must be skill on your part,that's the only explanation,because as far as I know no human has the instinct to fly......... :rofl

:salute

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »
The first Thunderbirds show was in 1953 flying the F-86G Thunderjet, the Thunderbirds never flew P-47's.  Your relatives were picked because of the time they spent flying with the Sky Blazers in Europe in the late '40s flying P-80Bs.  On a side note, your relatives also didn't fly the P-47s as both flew P-51s during the war with the 8th AF's 352nd Fighter Group and then P-80s after the war with the 36th Wing.

It's cool that you have such relatives in your family tree but not to be mean or anything but I think it's safe to say that the only 'gene' you inherited from them was a love of aviation.  

ack-ack

No offense but the CAF Archives show them in p-47's ack-ack they moved to p-80's after the war i have pictures of them in p-47's if someone will help me by telling me how to post pictures on here ill show you them

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:26 PM »
Get a free account on somewhere like Photobucket, you'll be able to upload photos to there, then use the link they give you in here.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
Get a free account on somewhere like Photobucket, you'll be able to upload photos to there, then use the link they give you in here.

i would rather post them on the actual blog

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »
i would rather post them on the actual blog

You can, if you click the photo icon when typing a message (second row of icons, below the bold button) you'll get brackets [img ] [ /img], insert the URL between those brackets.  Most sites (including photobucket) will give you that code directly.  

It shows up as a code in the text box but will show up as a picture in the BBS.

Folks, play nice.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
Things like hand eye coordination, good reflexes, and timing are the most important 'talents' needed to be uber at this game.

Offline lilsquid

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »

Bill and Buck. Bill is the one in the pilots seat of the P-47

Theses are them before they died be reunited wiht the p-51' they flew after they started in the p-47's

I Apologize Ack-Ack- They started in 47's then were recalled to the 51 then to p-80's

my Bad  :salute
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:14:03 PM by lilsquid »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 07:15:44 PM »
Didn't see your modify about the second pic.

Is that first one a 47?  The canopy looks like a 51, but I'm not sure.

Another picture:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:18:17 PM by Jayhawk »

Folks, play nice.