Author Topic: Memorial Flight Attackers  (Read 5270 times)

Offline BrownBaron

• Silver Member
Re: Memorial Flight Attackers
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2010, 01:11:18 AM »
Actually, I almost mistook a massive bombing run on the bish(?) strat as the memorial flight, I can see how some could do the converse, as they were both in the air at the same time. Not sure if that was intentional on their part or not... :noid
O Jagdgeschwader 77

Ingame ID: Johannes

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2010, 02:38:35 AM »
Got some news for you. People that don't play AH think this is a nerdfest too.  ;)

i guess ha  :rock

froger
frogs are people too

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »

To the ignorant and thoughtless children that did behave the way they did, I hope you eventually find it in yourself what this really meant to some others besides yourself and pray that your parents have the ability to teach you better than they have to this point about having some respect for others, I suspect the Apple does not fall far from the tree.  

A life lesson you have failed to comprehend thus far.  
Mark my words kiddies, If you don't "get it" yet, or "understand" it yet, you will inevitably run into someone one day that will gladly teach you this invaluable life lesson the hard way.

:salute Very well stated sir
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2010, 12:28:16 PM »
Just my worthless opinion but all this could have been avoided if the event was scheduled and held in the S.E.A. where ammo load and weather conditions etc. could have been regulated or done away with all together. If they have no bullets then good golly it was nipped in the bud and 20 pages of upset blather could have been avoided.

Even holding it in the TA where there is no damage may have been a thought. I agree we should be able to hold it where ever one feels like they want it but look at all the childish bickering , name calling , dweeb you ho'ed me crap and just all the overall FOOLISHNESS exhibited on a day to day basis and YOU are surprised this happened ?

Not defending anyone or taking sides ..... simply saying next time don't insult your own intelligence thinking guidelines will be followed by everyone in the arena. Some may have not known Vega and may have wanted to continue play. In that case find a target out of the memorial flight area and get down to it .. no harm done !!

Shoot you don't have to say it .... I don't know Jack .... just a quick view

To Vega ... :salute   :angel:  RIP PAL   Never know vega might have been laughing his butt off at the huge furball that ensued...maybe / maybe not

here I'll save someone the trouble of telling me  ------>>>

Does anyone remember the story the indian told Micky and Mallery in his little TeePee in Natural Born Killers ?
Basically he said there was a lady with a pet rattle snake that bit her one day and as she lay there dying she asked the snake why did you bite me ? I took care of you and the snake looked at her and said   "B%$#@*  YOU KNEW I WAS A DANG SNAKE   ... NUFF SAID
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:33:21 PM by AApache »
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2010, 03:00:06 PM »

Does anyone remember the story the indian told Micky and Mallery in his little TeePee in Natural Born Killers ?
Basically he said there was a lady with a pet rattle snake that bit her one day and as she lay there dying she asked the snake why did you bite me ? I took care of you and the snake looked at her and said   "B%$#@*  YOU KNEW I WAS A DANG SNAKE   ... NUFF SAID
Killed a snake around my coy pond for that simple reason. Not to ask where did my fish go ? Just got home and theres a new visitor. Seems one of Kermits cousins has stopped in. Im amazed how he got his big bullfrog but through the fence. :D  You can stay for a day or two Kermit, but I'm not running a hotel here or a sushi bar.

PS. and STFU at night Kermit! :furious
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:04:05 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
Simple, very simple question.

Why hold or even suggest holding a memorial in an empty arena? What does that commemorate? 21 gun salute with silencers on anyone? Didn't think so. It is the 'risk' that makes an MA Memorial so much more poignant. When red icons form up with a green icons it speaks volumes of respect, condolence and the understanding that there are more important things than our phoney war.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
Simple, very simple question.

Why hold or even suggest holding a memorial in an empty arena?
very very simple answer.  It wouldnt be empty.  Lol
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »
very very simple answer.  It wouldnt be empty.  Lol
Exactly, a 21 gun salute with silencers on.

Bit of a stretch but imagine we asked for D-Day commemorations to be conducted in sealed warehouses where only the participants were afforded or allowed admittance.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »
Exactly, a 21 gun salute with silencers on.

Bit of a stretch but imagine we asked for D-Day commemorations to be conducted in sealed warehouses where only the participants were afforded or allowed admittance.

You are completely wrong.

Memorials have been held in SEA with a huge turnout. And completely without risk of being interrupted or degrading into and insultfest.

And the DDay commemoration comparison is way off.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:36 PM »
And the DDay commemoration comparison is way off.
It was an analogy, not a comparison. Different things entirely.
Aces High Films

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2010, 09:50:18 PM »
It was an analogy, not a comparison. Different things entirely.

Ok: Your analogy is way off

(analogy & comparison are both "Vergleich" in German, that's why I confused them)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
ok my two cents. As the Operations Officer Of the Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group. I had advertised This Memorial flight for a week.
1. why the main arena: Vega flew the main arena all the time. it was where he wated our squad night to be. in the T T arena where the most people flew. and he was well known and respected by all country's.

2. I addvertised the memorial flight on vox 200 for a week. up to the day of the flight.

3. It was posted in the forum. not only by me but other's as well.

4. I have friends in the rook and the knight communities that also posted and passed along the memorial flight & day.

5. THE BIG BLOB ON THE DAR. LOOK. FORMATIONS OF BOMBER'S,FIGHTER'S,BISH,KNIGHTS & ROOKS.FLYING CLOSE TO GETHER AND NOT FIRING.HMMM

6. Plus during the flight, on all country's ch. The chatter was this is a memorial flight, do not fire.

7.So with all these factor's how do you not no that it was a memorail flight.figure it out. there was no accusses. Case Closed

Operations officer GrnEagle.

thank's to all who attended. :salute
Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2010, 08:56:16 AM »
I agree.  It seems that the only solution we have to offer is to give the griffers license to do as they please, when they please while we run away to some empty arena.  Total BS.  A memorial flight should only be carried in the MA and the comunity should take care of the griffers since the people who can wont.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
The Special Events Arena is available for use for anyone who wishes to pay their respects in this manner.  Please contact a member of the events team to discuss your requirements for any future memorial flights, we'd be more than happy to help.

What he ^^^ said.

Having any sort of memorial flight in the MA is just a very bad idea.  Contact the SE staff on this forum and let them help you from there to schedule your flight.

ROX

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »
I understand you want a fallen buddy's memorial seen by the community in the MA. You do need to accept that the individual player may vulch, spawn camp, or otherwise mutilate any event in the MA.

If you want to have a memorial flight unmolested, do it in the SEA as this community cannot/will not police itself.

(for the record, when I die I want a bunch of P38s to auger into the HQ of the highest numbered country at the moment)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!