Author Topic: Patches change more things then the problems solved?  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Patches change more things then the problems solved?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 10:12:56 PM »
I would figure that someone has a bad day, feels the aircraft or vehicle let them down.  Posts a thread, exaggerates a little bit (even if they don't realize they are doing it).  People read it and approach those planes looking for the issue, hence they are very sensitive to how it preforms.  Wanting to re-create the issue, the easy option is to agree something is wrong with the plane when you miss the shot or otherwise.  

Rarely people have any bad intentions, it's just human nature.

Also, how would HTC benefit from hiding minor changes like this?  In my experience, changes to aircraft and weapons are in attempt to get it closer to actual aircraft specs and few will argue with that.  I suppose if Skuzzy's workload gets a little to light they might tweak the game to get a couple freak outs so the banhammer can meet it's quota.  :cool:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 10:22:54 PM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
typically, I would agree it is the persons own undoing...the 30mm "dud" thing, that has been around for some time is not...imo.  I have seen some ask for film/screenshots of proof of this outrage.  I have seen this film/screenshot provided (posted here on forums).  I havent seen much response/answers regarding them...other than...send film in.  I have checked the read me sections of the updates for it...I may have missed it.  :(  Soooo...I guess in response to the OP...I don't think they change anything other than what they publish.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »
Yeah I know this...I figured with the shock of the hit it might spread to the other tail...or if the hit is right in the center of the two...

I am not too worried about it...I can't hit much with the 30mm anyway :P

It doesn't "spread" as such and hits on control surfaces will cause less damage than a tater penetrating a fuselage or fuel cell then exploding, causing an over pressure situation which deforms structural members and blows the skin off the wing or fuselage.

A lot of WWII aircraft were of "stressed" skin construction which means that wing and fuselage panels added rigidity to the overall structure. A glancing blow and undirected explosion from a 300mm tater on the edge of a control surface won't be as catastrophic as the penetration/explosion scenario, most of the time.
Retired

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 11:00:06 PM »
:rofl

The other day I noticed that the Typhy gets an extra 1.7 MPG.........     And I'm not sure how accurate this may be but the max AoA for the 109K4 has increased 0.2 degrees...........       :lol

This is a total conspiracy!

I know you're joking, but a 1.7 mpg boost would very significantly increase the Tiffie's range.  The Mossie gets about 1.5 mpg in AH, but it has two engines, albeit individually less thirsty.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 07:22:55 AM »
 :aok  I knew I should have said 0.7 mpg.......    :salute

I know you're joking, but a 1.7 mpg boost would very significantly increase the Tiffie's range.  The Mossie gets about 1.5 mpg in AH, but it has two engines, albeit individually less thirsty.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 08:01:36 AM »
I think the part about the players ego being bruised is the main reason for complaints.Some people hate to get shot down,and blaming the plane,game changes,etc.,is the reason for accusations of untold changes in the game.I've done it myself,"man the puffy ack is way to accurate",so I'm as guilty as the next person.Heck this is the best flight simulation  going,and there will always be complaints over something.
Dobey

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 08:13:14 AM »
because it couldn't possibly be THEM that is screwing up, so it MUST be the game.  :neener:

In other words ...

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 08:41:52 AM »
because it couldn't possibly be THEM that is screwing up, so it MUST be the game.  :neener:
:aok

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 09:02:01 AM »
I went for a few sorties last night to test some rides with 30mm myself. But I did not hit anything with that 30mm that I could see, so I can't really participate in this discussion..  :bolt:

I just want so say that I miss hearing the wind and the F4U's whizzle at above 300, and also the squad icon color seem to be missing after the update.. That's the main things I've noticed after the last patch.

:noid
TheStig

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 09:07:32 AM »
Double check whether you have it "highlighted."  Squad color remains active for me.

and also the squad icon color seem to be missing after the update.. That's the main things I've noticed after the last patch.

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.