Author Topic: On Tactics......  (Read 1721 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
On Tactics......
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
So I am interested to hear some other players tactics.

More and more as I progress through this game I begin to see some uses of tactics in a fight. As example a tactic I use in a rope is to start a slow turn to the left and make it seem like I am going to wing over and then wait until I see the plane nose up then continue my climb until they are just about to stall then hammerhead over and hit them as they stall.

Thats one that I use on a consistent basis is there any that you guys use often and are willing to share? I would love to hear others.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: On Tactics......
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
My tactic is guessing at what altitude the highest enemy  in a sector may be. And then I climb 5k higher than that  :neener:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »
I let people think I am not paying attention until they're like 600 out.  Then I hit a bad donut slight aileron/elevator barrel roll trying to burn as little E as possible.  Super hard for them to get a guns solution unless they hit some serious brakes. 

Almost everyone except the best pilots overshoot.  I don't always have a gun solution myself but I almost always can gain advantage.

I think I use this specific move the most.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 12:34:56 PM »
I let people think I am not paying attention until they're like 600 out. 
My threat bubble is 1000  Anything anywhere within a sphere of 1000 is lethal and I begin countering.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
I try to stay above 5k w/ above 250 knts in muh D9.
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 03:06:07 PM »
I like to always stay above the fight. That way I decide when to initiate the fight, and if they first pass doesn't look like it's gonna go well for me, I can just climb back up.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »
I try to always keep my speed up in furballs to where I can egress when need be. If someone dives on me, I'll usually bait them away, and try for an overshoot. If not, I can always extend and restart.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »
I'll just wait till you cross into my propwash, and say" hold on to your butts."  :neener:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
fly close to them and shoot them in the head

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 03:45:14 PM »
Real men fly on the Deck  ;)
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 04:29:37 PM »
I go head long into a furball..(lately totally out numbered)...close my eyes and turn the stick this way and that, firing 1/2 second bursts here and there.....win some lose lots  :lol :lol :lol.....

Seriously though I am just now becoming aware of maneuvers(names) I am doing... One I do quite often and is what probably gets me killed the most by those who know and fight me is a barrel roll defense trying to initiate a rolling scissors ....I like the rolling scissors...

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »
I enjoy something close to a BnZ. I will fly about 3k above the enemy at least, then dive down. If they turn, I miss them, pull up and turn, I'm on their six. If they don't see me and don't turn, then there is no need for the waste of pulling G's  :t

I also like getting into a zeke and running circles around everyone  :D

I find both to be pretty effective.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
I catch other people's bullets with my aircraft and when my shoes are blown off my body, I try to catch them and throw them at the guy who just blew my plane apart as he's passing by giving me the bird.  I rock.

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 04:47:12 PM »
I try to put bullets into the other guy before he gets them into me, from any angle or alt. I can... Thus far, results are mixed..  :bolt:

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 04:49:03 PM »
I like to come in to the furball at or above the fight, and fight till I die or I'm out of ammo or fuel.  I don't usually make it back, but its fun.

It really depends, because if its all spits, f4us, etc.. I will scrap and get my hands dirty, if there are any Brewsters I will bnz until the Brewsters are gone. The reason, they mess up all my turn fights with other planes, ie if there are Brewsters around, the minute you get in a fight with any other ride, you will have a conga-line of them on your 6 that will chase you till your death, often I can't even dive away from them.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:50:43 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)